PDA

View Full Version : Dirkjr's Cooling Issues

Dirk
4 Nov 2010, 04:45pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Cooling Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows Vista If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
avg Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
me What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
xfx 9800GTX Please state your problem here
I have an xfx 9800 gtx and a 9800GTX+. i cant seem to manualy adjust the fan speed on either of them. that would not be so bad but the xfx 9800gtx is running at 70 degrees celcius under idle! nothing i do seems to have any affect on the fan speed!

Labarr
4 Nov 2010, 05:15pm
Download Riva Tuner (http://downloads.guru3d.com/RivaTuner-v2.24c-download-163.html) or Ntune (http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_5.05.54.00.html)

should do the work

Dirk
4 Nov 2010, 05:27pm
ive tried both and they just show the speed as zero and refuse to change the fan speed. of course they are not at zero

Labarr
4 Nov 2010, 05:41pm
make sure u got the most up to date driver for ur cards from nvidias website

PotshotPolka
4 Nov 2010, 06:37pm
ive tried both and they just show the speed as zero and refuse to change the fan speed. of course they are not at zero

Have you actually followed a fan profile walkthrough to set the fan speed for different temperatures?

Tweezy
23 Nov 2010, 01:51pm
Sorry, it's showing the fan speed as zero? Are you sure your fan is working? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the 9800GTX take two PCI-E 6 pin connectors? One for the card, and another for the fan?

If so, make sure their both plugged in.

Also, make sure you have the correct drivers, I would uninstall the ones you have at the moment, then go to the Nvidia site and download the newest ones.

Dirk
24 Nov 2010, 07:17am
ah i fixed it. turns out the only software thats works with a 9800GTX fan is evga precision