PDA

View Full Version : Default map/C4 concerns

Elfbarf
3 Nov 2010, 06:10pm
Mentioned this to BanHammer earlier, figured I might as well post.

My first concern is when the server crashes it defaults to Borders which in my opinion is a pretty bad map (I don't think I've ever seen it win a vote). Generally the rounds consist of 10 minutes of everyone camping around the scanning building while the traitors stand around with their hands in their pants (there's not much they can do). Rarely you'll see a traitor just go apeshit on everyone and get a few kills but overall its a pretty boring map. Its not a big deal but (in my opinion) the server would benefit from it being something like Richland.

My other concern is how C4 is currently broken. Every single C4 seems to be the blue wire for whatever reason and it kind of ruins it. I've been on some other servers and C4 seems to be working there though apparently we have the newest version. I'm not sure of there's some sort of option enabled/we have a bad version or what, I would appreciate it if someone could look into it.

Also, give us the Frenchy! :madgrin:

Kiwi
3 Nov 2010, 06:29pm
Most people love borders.. I always see it win votes.. So I have no idea what you're getting at there.

Also, the C4 is not broken.

If you set it for :45 seconds, you have a 4/5 chance of defusing the C4 (or 5/6, I forget how many wires there were), setting it for longer lowers the amount of wires that will defuse the bomb.

It's not a glitch, it's just that people like to set their C4s at :45.

High
3 Nov 2010, 07:06pm
That and banhammer knows how to take out 6 people (Including himself) with c4.

Harry
3 Nov 2010, 07:08pm
Borders is a pretty decent map, don't know what you're saying :P

Lol'd when Banhammer exploded himself.

Elfbarf
3 Nov 2010, 07:50pm
derp

Harpr33t
4 Nov 2010, 08:38am
All you gotta do is set the bomb for 5 minutes and gather everyone around and "pretend" to defuse it by cutting a wire.

duhoh
4 Nov 2010, 02:29pm
borders is awesome kid. wtf you talking about?

KScorp
4 Nov 2010, 02:36pm
All you gotta do is set the bomb for 5 minutes and gather everyone around and "pretend" to defuse it by cutting a wire.

Traitors can't set off bombs by cutting wires. Every wire is safe for traitors. :(

Kiwi
4 Nov 2010, 02:42pm
Traitors can't set off bombs by cutting wires. Every wire is safe for traitors. :(

Wait for T friend to plant C4, steal C4. LUL.

Paralyzed
4 Nov 2010, 03:07pm
That and banhammer knows how to take out 6 people (Including himself) with c4.

We experienced that yesterday... haha

Harpr33t
4 Nov 2010, 10:24pm

WTF Why did that shit blow me up?