PDA

View Full Version : Douchebaggery

Faileron
3 Nov 2010, 02:56pm
Now I am aware that this a recent and do not want to start an arguement over it but my question is this, when does funny/amusing become douchebaggery?

I have seen many example of what a regard as douchebaggery and admins have done nothing yet stuff i regard as funny, they punish for.

An example of this is on nexus final, I cannot remember name 2 people were dicking about the whoel time but only with each other, one is going to leave so asks if he can kill the other cause he believe he is a traitor (bare in mind i am a fellow traitor and nothing has happened as i was stood next to him), an admin either doesnt hear or misunderstands and says sure so the traitor is rdmed, ruining my round and my fellow traitors round. I would consider this douchbaggery but nothing was done.

The main problem i have found is that there is some friendship thing as douchebaggery is generally commited by well known players so admins appear to let things slide.

P.S I am not being all high and mighty as i believe some things are funny (me and deadragon always have fun when we are on) but i just want to know where the line is drawn by admins.

KScorp
3 Nov 2010, 03:34pm
As far as I know, if the person the "douchebaggery" was committed against doesn't really care, then there isn't really a need to hand out punishment. For instance, if two innocent friends prop fight, and one of them kills the other, then I don't think it should be punished as RDM if the guy who was killed doesn't mind it. (You can always kill the other guy for killing an innocent if you feel like it though.) The entire point of this game is to have fun, anyway, so if no ones' fun is ruined, I feel there shouldn't be punishment.

Of course, I'm not an admin, so I don't know if there are any technicalities, but if two friends are OK with killing each other for fun (and leaving everyone else alone), I wouldn't see that as "douchebaggery."

The Famous Zombie Hunter
12 Nov 2010, 04:13pm
As far as I know, if the person the "douchebaggery" was committed against doesn't really care, then there isn't really a need to hand out punishment. For instance, if two innocent friends prop fight, and one of them kills the other, then I don't think it should be punished as RDM if the guy who was killed doesn't mind it. (You can always kill the other guy for killing an innocent if you feel like it though.) The entire point of this game is to have fun, anyway, so if no ones' fun is ruined, I feel there shouldn't be punishment.

Of course, I'm not an admin, so I don't know if there are any technicalities, but if two friends are OK with killing each other for fun (and leaving everyone else alone), I wouldn't see that as "douchebaggery."

K scorp's got it right on the money actually.
The only proof you need: Crowbar fights. By all means, two players are RDM'ing eachother. But its allowed.
Essentially, from what I've picked up in my experience with SG is "No slip, no foul".
This isn't always true, but hey, shit happens everywhere, SG's no exception.

Afamad 2.1
12 Nov 2010, 06:49pm
I only start prop fights with people that want it. I don't start killing others with a barrel unless they try to fight me. If I see someone pick up a barrel and running towards me, it's on.