PDA

View Full Version : Damve-Wymon's Steam Issues

u egg
3 Nov 2010, 06:52am
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Steam Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
Everything is updated. Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Avast. Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
A friend and I. What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
wat Please state your problem here
This morning I was able to play with CSS, Gmod, TF2, all half-lifeČ, Portal...

Then I had to take a shower. When I came back, I wanted to play tf2 so I launched it as usual. Then it started saying "Verifying game file" thing. Then It said "Updating... Update Paused.

I tried to restart the update. It works for like half a second (dling, with the %) then it comes back at Update Paused. I did it few times. So I exited steam, and I launched it again... Guess what happened..

ALL my games were saying "Download Paused or Update Paused" I was like WTF. So now I can't play anygame but l4d1/2 Cod4 and other non-steam games.

WHAT I DID : -Google it/steamsupport it.
-Deleting the .blop file.
-Deleting all steam files BUT apps/steam.exe
-Rebooting my PC.
-QQing on chatbox.

Please don't tell me to reinstall ALL steam files because I just dled all games yesterday and I'm limited at 50gb of downloading per month. (All those games takes 25-30gb lol)
YES IM REALLY MAD SO DONT TELL ME TO REINSTALL STEAM FFUUU.

Shadowex3
3 Nov 2010, 06:59pm
Problem's on their end.

u egg
4 Nov 2010, 02:32pm
It seems downloading and placing some app_xxx.vdf files into the corresponding game might fix this.

For example, the app_440.vdf file into tf2 might fix this.

So if anyone can give me the app of tf2 (app_440.vdf) for a test... :)