PDA

View Full Version : Election day USA

Jager
2 Nov 2010, 09:28am
If you are of age and have not, go vote. regardless of your political affiliation or ethos, it is important to be counted.

also if you dont vote you cant bitch til the next election about how bad shit is.

do you part. go fucking vote.

Drox
2 Nov 2010, 09:48am
I dont vote since our voting system is a fucking joke and easy to manipulate.

Itch
2 Nov 2010, 10:06am
The man speaks the truth.. if you can vote and haven't ... get off your arse and go vote.

Ronen
2 Nov 2010, 10:37am
If you are of age and have not, go vote. regardless of your political affiliation or ethos, it is important to be counted.

also if you dont vote you cant bitch til the next election about how bad shit is.

do you part. go fucking vote.

xIraCchPDhk&

Lol I forgot to register...

Shadowex3
2 Nov 2010, 11:04am
Good for you guys, but think about it this way: Even if you don't vote you know damn well that some teabagger IS. It's not about the system or candidates being perfect, sometimes its about deciding which bullshit is less terrible for you.

Crazy Swede
2 Nov 2010, 11:12am
Atm it's a pain in the ass to NOT be an American, just watching the news and see how many have gone republican just because Obama did not recover the enomomy at the blink of an eye is heartbreaking. C'mon guys. Why would you NOT vote for Obama? He's the good guy D:
It's not his fault that the economy did not recover as fast as you expected. Give him a break and vote for Obama's political party.

Itch
2 Nov 2010, 11:15am
Atm it's a pain in the ass to NOT be an American, just watching the news and see how many have gone republican just because Obama did not recover the enomomy at the blink of an eye is heartbreaking. C'mon guys. Why would you NOT vote for Obama? He's the good guy D:
It's not his fault that the economy did not recover as fast as you expected. Give him a break and vote for Obama's political party.

I could go off for about a few days about how wrong you are and ask WTF you have been reading to buy into this.... but I don't think this post was meant to be a pro/anti-Obama thread. This is more of a "regardless of what party you are for/against get out and vote" thread.

SgtJoo
2 Nov 2010, 11:19am
I don't vote as a vote of no confidence in the political candidates/current system.

Crazy Swede
2 Nov 2010, 11:20am
Yes, maybe I gone a bit off-topic there, my bad. And who knows, maybe I have been brainwashed by the left-wing Swedish news : /

Hazmat
2 Nov 2010, 11:39am
Voting people have been walking in my school all day. it so annoying. But anyways ima vote later today.

Prez
2 Nov 2010, 12:50pm
Isn't the voting just for the house and the senate? I thought the mid-terms were just for all of the house seats and like 30 of the senate seats.

Looks like republicans are going to win a lot of the seats though.

Drox
2 Nov 2010, 01:25pm
Isn't the voting just for the house and the senate? I thought the mid-terms were just for all of the house seats and like 30 of the senate seats.

Looks like republicans are going to win a lot of the seats though.

I think some governor positions as well as house and senate.

Desum
2 Nov 2010, 01:26pm

Obama's image is manipulated like crazy outside the USA = / Just saiyan, he's probably not the same Obama to you as he is to us.

Also, I believe the first post meant to read "go fucking vote (for the Rent is Too Damn High party)". I do not believe any offense was meant for that typo in the second half.

Dracula
2 Nov 2010, 01:34pm

Your pretty funny guy.

Jager
2 Nov 2010, 01:46pm
i meant that second line as everyone gripes about how bad X or Y or Z is, if you don't vote to attempt to change or at least participate in the process then you lose your legitimacy in complaining or whining about the issues.

Its not a right left or center thing, it is go vote, and be counted.

Drox
2 Nov 2010, 02:00pm
i meant that second line as everyone gripes about how bad X or Y or Z is, if you don't vote to attempt to change or at least participate in the process then you lose your legitimacy in complaining or whining about the issues.

Its not a right left or center thing, it is go vote, and be counted.

I don't think it matters if you vote or not, since either way both parties are the same and end up doing nothing great. Then the're independents that are usually considered jokes. All in all voting solves nothing but replacing one shitty person with another shitty person who promised something that they wont deliver (Obama is a good example of promising something then not really doing it).

Vote for your change but don't expect it, maybe that should be our new motto.

Delirium
2 Nov 2010, 02:28pm
Voted democratic down the board.

Desum
2 Nov 2010, 02:33pm
I don't think it matters if you vote or not, since either way both parties are the same and end up doing nothing great. Then the're independents that are usually considered jokes. All in all voting solves nothing but replacing one shitty person with another shitty person who promised something that they wont deliver (Obama is a good example of promising something then not really doing it).

Vote for your change but don't expect it, maybe that should be our new motto.

But Stan... it's always a choice between a douche or a turd sandwich.

SgtJoo
2 Nov 2010, 05:07pm
Dems lose power because of perceived weaknesses, Republicans come into power and the cycle just repeats over and over.

PotshotPolka
2 Nov 2010, 06:28pm
I don't vote as a vote of no confidence in the political candidates/current system.

That only works if you turn in a blank ballot to prove you actually had the willingness TO vote.

Paul
2 Nov 2010, 06:41pm
Dont you guys have more important issues to address?

Like going to mcdonalds for your 3 daily meals :O

Lemonstein
2 Nov 2010, 06:45pm
4 words: Drunken Home Testical Exam
Go Vote

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/04b032f1f7/10-minutes?playlist=featured_videos

Damn Kitten Cookers

PotshotPolka
2 Nov 2010, 07:24pm
A closet-case teabagger just won my Senate race.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Rubio

SgtJoo
2 Nov 2010, 08:04pm
That only works if you turn in a blank ballot to prove you actually had the willingness TO vote.

If I'm going to not vote, I'm certainly not going to go to the trouble of going to the polling site. Also would have to absentee ballot anyway.

PotshotPolka
2 Nov 2010, 08:10pm
If I'm going to not vote, I'm certainly not going to go to the trouble of going to the polling site. Also would have to absentee ballot anyway.

Alright.

Italian Jew
2 Nov 2010, 11:18pm
According to the results so far, the Democrats retain the Senate while the Republicans took the House and seem to have a large majority forming there.

In other news, CNN also projects that California has rejected Prop 19.

matt 187
2 Nov 2010, 11:31pm
According to the results so far, the Democrats retain the Senate while the Republicans took the House and seem to have a large majority forming there.

In other news, CNN also projects that California has rejected Prop 19.

FIX'D

Italian Jew
2 Nov 2010, 11:36pm
FIX'D

You sir have saved SG.

Shadowex3
3 Nov 2010, 01:21am
A closet-case teabagger just won my Senate race.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco_Rubio

I considered him a basket-case teabagger personally but I suppose that works too.

And ofc you know the governor election is going to pull a 1%er again. There goes sleeping before my last midterm. Fuck.

Simmons1114
3 Nov 2010, 09:08am
i didnt read any of the thread but i went tohttp://news.google.com/news/section?cf=all&topic=el&ned=us&ict=gsp
and saw that the DEMS got their asses raped in everything but the senate even in that its a close tie
which means they basically lose any way cuz they cant get anything passed

SgtJoo
3 Nov 2010, 10:45am
Republicans made history on Election Day as they seized control of North Carolina's legislature for the first time in more than a century. Democratic leaders in both the state House and Senate conceded to their Republican counterparts late Tuesday. Sen. Marc Basnight, the Democratic leader in the Senate, said he told Republican leader Sen. Phil Berger of Eden that he will do whatever he can to work with the new regime. Republicans last held a majority in the Senate in 1898.

:(

Drox
3 Nov 2010, 10:53am
Republicans made history on Election Day as they seized control of North Carolina's legislature for the first time in more than a century. Democratic leaders in both the state House and Senate conceded to their Republican counterparts late Tuesday. Sen. Marc Basnight, the Democratic leader in the Senate, said he told Republican leader Sen. Phil Berger of Eden that he will do whatever he can to work with the new regime. Republicans last held a majority in the Senate in 1898.

I like how he used the word regime as if Caesar himself walked in the senate chamber. lol Quite over-dramatic, however its quite clear people arent really happy with the dem's but I dont see how the rep's will do much better. In the next couple of years it will revert back most likely.

SgtJoo
3 Nov 2010, 12:15pm
“THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY IN THE SOUTH IS DEAD. EXCEPT FOR NORTH CAROLINA.” -- DOUG SHOEN, DEMOCRATIC CONSULTANT

jeN
3 Nov 2010, 01:01pm
Isn't it always the same though? The people are disappointed in one party, so they elect the other?

Have fun with your teabagger Potshot =]

Drox
3 Nov 2010, 01:23pm
“THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY IN THE SOUTH IS DEAD. EXCEPT FOR NORTH CAROLINA.” -- DOUG SHOEN, DEMOCRATIC CONSULTANT

I always thought NC to be more right because of its policies. Such as being a huge military based state although cali is the same way being military based wise.

Desum
3 Nov 2010, 01:39pm
Republicans won EVERY position in my state. Pretty good tbh since we've been with dems in Michigan for a long ass time and they've fucked up the state economy so badly.

Beats teabaggers.

Dracula
3 Nov 2010, 01:44pm
Repubs took Florida too, thank god.

Shadowex3
3 Nov 2010, 07:02pm
Repubs took Florida too, thank god.

They took everywhere because no matter what the left did the rightwing media played it off as bad. Most people, left OR right, don't know the first thing about anything going on right now. They just no it isn't perfect right now so they're pissed at whoever was in front of them. Give it another few years and the same will happen in reverse.

Supa
3 Nov 2010, 08:43pm
Oh shit, I forgot to vote.

Oh well, I'll still be bitching a year from now about whoever got elected.

Can't wait.

PotshotPolka
3 Nov 2010, 09:28pm

And your problem is?

SgtJoo
3 Nov 2010, 09:59pm
And your problem is?

That I despise Republicans' attitude in NC?

Drox
4 Nov 2010, 04:18am

But you like the dem's attitude in NC? lol come on man, they both arent good for this state.

PotshotPolka
4 Nov 2010, 06:45am

Then maybe you shouldn't have sat at home?

Supa
4 Nov 2010, 08:11am

But, it's way more comfortable.

SgtJoo
4 Nov 2010, 09:09am

I wasn't at home, I was in a county far from my house, thanks.

And it's not like it would matter. The sad face is more for the fact that the Republicans don't like the UNC education system, which is the state university system. That's what I'm worried about and that's the only difference between the Dems and Republicans. Also, the Dems carried my county by 30,000 votes.

Caution
4 Nov 2010, 09:59pm
Jerry Brown & Barbara Boxer

-_-

Jazzyy
12 Nov 2010, 07:41am
Old but sad: Christi Noem won in South Dakota, 43 to 49 or some shit. I can't believe this shit.