PDA

View Full Version : Gero's Sound Issues

kabLe
29 Oct 2010, 07:37pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Sound Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows XP If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
McAfee Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Me What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
Idk Please state your problem here
I started up CSS today and I was having some sound issues. I have this constant crackling noise in the background and I've tried using speakers instead of headset and samething happened. Every 10-15 seconds my game will start having some fps lag due to the sound and my mouse will be unresponsive. I do not want to reinstall unless that is last resort. I've tried switching up configs, defrag my game, and verify it. Nothing worked. And I cannot play like this.

Shadowex3
29 Oct 2010, 10:02pm
Need your specs.

General important tip: Ditch McAfee, McAfee and Norton are so bad thye may as well be viruses themselves.

Lastly if you made your PC you should understand technical explanations...

Mad
30 Oct 2010, 06:51am
Are you using the latest video and audio drivers? And this is only in cs;s you hear this crackling? not when your playing music and stuff?

kabLe
30 Oct 2010, 07:33am
Need your specs.

General important tip: Ditch McAfee, McAfee and Norton are so bad thye may as well be viruses themselves.

Lastly if you made your PC you should understand technical explanations...
I got help from my step dad and he doesn't live with me and my mom anymore.

Specs:

Pentium Dual-Core Processor 2.5 ghz
2 GB RAM 800 mhz
Realtek HD Auido
NVIDIA GTS 250

I can't see any of my specs being bad. The video card and ram is barely 6 months old. Only thing really old is the processor and I regularly check for Realtek updates.

Are you using the latest video and audio drivers? And this is only in cs;s you hear this crackling? not when your playing music and stuff?
I have Realtek HD Audio and it's only in CSS. It was working fine a couple days ago. I have vent on while in CSS and at the time of the crackling noises and someone talking in vent, I can hear them clearly but CSS sound is just plain fucked up.

EDIT: Also, when I restart my computer and get back into CSS, I get like 10 minutes of clear sound then all of a sudden I get the slight fps decrease but enough to really disturb my game play, the crackling sound when I shoot, walk, have the pointer go over the "Find Servers, "Create New Server" etc... and my mouse will be a little unresponsive.

Shadowex3
30 Oct 2010, 02:31pm
Pentium dual core doesn't help me, do you have a hyperthreading pentium 4 or a pentium D?

What power supply do you have? Can you check inside for scorch marks, smoke, burns, etc?

kabLe
30 Oct 2010, 03:25pm
Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50 GHz 2.51 GHz

Power Supply
AK Series
SATA ATX Power Supply 680W

No marks what so ever

b0red
30 Oct 2010, 03:27pm
whats your cpu temp
before i got my new heat sink it would be around 70c idle and 90c gaming (i know its hot) so my integrated sound would crackle and make all sorts of noises than i got a new heatsink and its 40c idle and 60c when i max out my cpu. So it could be a temperature problem

XeNo
30 Oct 2010, 08:50pm
Are you using a sound card? Try using onboard audio and see if it still does it, or vice versa if you don't have a sound card.

Also, are you using custom sounds for guns?

Kaos
30 Oct 2010, 10:05pm
Try updating sound card. Also, make sure there is nothing wrong with the plugs that go into your computer. I have the same headset, and ik if there are marks on the 2 plugs it does that. Might also be something wrong with the cord.

Good Luck!

kabLe
31 Oct 2010, 08:10am
Try updating sound card. Also, make sure there is nothing wrong with the plugs that go into your computer. I have the same headset, and ik if there are marks on the 2 plugs it does that. Might also be something wrong with the cord.

Good Luck!

I never said what my headset was so I can't really do what your telling me to do lol. My sound card is up to date.

Also, no custom sounds for guns and my CPU temp is around 40-45 degrees in-game.
But I do not have a sound card, I only have onboard audio.

Shadowex3
31 Oct 2010, 01:47pm
The problem with audio issues is that it could be any of these problems causing it:

1. EM interference of some kind in the headphones
2. Plug issues in the headphones
3. Issues with the game's audio
4. Issues with how windows processes your audio stuff (drivers etc)
5. Issues with the hardware processing the audio
6. Issues with headphones' internal speakers
7. Issues with the WIRES in the headphones

it just keeps going.

kabLe
1 Nov 2010, 01:55pm
What I've done was completely reformat my computer put a new operating system in, and I am currently reinstalling everything. I was having some issues with steam in other ways and various other problems so with fear of a virus I've reformatted and instead of McAfee I've installed the latest AVG anti-virus. I will post back when I have reinstalled CSS and say if the issue was fixed or not.

Mr. Moop
1 Nov 2010, 03:31pm
Yeah, I was going to suggest reinstalling css; that should have been your first option. Delete everything but your maps folder in order to be on extra-sure. By the way, AVG blows as well.. Trend Micro is nice.