PDA

View Full Version : Lucid's Other Issues(please be detailed)

Lucid
25 Oct 2010, 07:34pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Other Issues(please be detailed) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows Vista If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
No Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Avast Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Dell(lol) What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
. Please state your problem here
It has to do with Google Chrome, whenever I view some threads on the forums I get "A script in this movie is causing Adobe Flash Player 10 to run slowly. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive. Do you want to abort the script?" Then I can either click "Yes, or No."

When I click No, it continues to appear until I hit Yes, then once I hit Yes, it appears once more and I click Yes again... and it finally stops popping up (I can't view the forums or anything while doing this, I can't even open my other tabs on the same browser). After it goes away, I'm fine until I go to another thread, then it happens again.

I can view the homepage of the forums and the subtopics, but whenever I go into a thread I get that message, usually within 1-2 seconds of viewing the thread.

I think it may have something to do with signatures or something. I used to never have this problem though, and it's only on this website, I haven't gotten it anywhere else.

P.S. When I reverted back to Internet Explorer, it did not pop up.

Labarr
25 Oct 2010, 08:47pm
Try reinstalling adobe flash

Lucid
26 Oct 2010, 02:10pm
Try reinstalling adobe flash

I was thinking about that, but then why would I need to? Google Chrome has it's own built in adobe flash player so it wouldn't matter if I reinstalled it again. I think..

Spiffy
26 Oct 2010, 03:20pm
Then reinstall chrome.