PDA

View Full Version : Community Update.

barackobama
25 Oct 2010, 11:02am
As you can see, we are testing things for VB4, this is not the finished project. I know how rumors and discussions go round. All higher ups will get a image next to the username, see my name for an example. The image is being tweaked to it's more visible and the same size. But the main theme will be no colours, but sup will have a colour ( part of the perks for donating )

I'm sorting new rank bars, again not the finished product.

Will release a new admin program soon, please stop asking me.

Update on servers: servers doing well, populated a lot now, we are still one of the top ( non commercial ) communities around.

We've changed host now!

VB4 is very very soon.

I'm donating over $250 of my own money for the breast cancer.

I will update donations soon, but everyone who's donated
will get benefits.

Also, we will still be demoting inactive people.

Apart from that. That's mostly everything, like always if you have suggestions for us, please post them, I love taking a look at all your ideas & discussions. If you have concerns please PM me.

Thanks,

Garf x

Lemonstein
25 Oct 2010, 11:08am
kinda miss the pink :( lol

DoubleSb
25 Oct 2010, 11:10am
Is I get demotion?

Zaraki
25 Oct 2010, 11:10am
Pinkstyle is over... :(
But nice that the community is updating so fast :p

Third
25 Oct 2010, 11:37am
What color is the vB 4.x theme going to be? The same ?

Drox
25 Oct 2010, 11:38am
Not really digging this lol looks tacky with all the whiteness then having colored rank next to the white username.

Banana Joe
25 Oct 2010, 11:42am
I love the new rank bars, thank you Garfield! :) I'm really excited for VB4 to launch, looks great so far with these updates.

Chêvou˙x
25 Oct 2010, 11:45am
Not really digging this lol looks tacky with all the whiteness then having colored rank next to the white username.

Same here. Although, I wish either supporters had no color or those "above" had colors as well.

I understand that we're trying to simplify things, and it only makes sense then to have supporters also have a white username color. If the only justification for them standing out is because they've paid, what about all the SAs and CAs and AOs from the old system that gave $10 per month?

It's just a forum and it won't be the end of the world if supporters have color and others don't, but that's my two cents.

barackobama
25 Oct 2010, 11:52am
It's been long planned for no colours. It will be much cleaner. Everyone should be underline, grey. On the bew forum. Exception sup. But we will see how it looks. We will also have a bar explaining ranks. For example the image of the PO . PO (President/owner). Ect. But we will see when VB comes out :)

Drox
25 Oct 2010, 12:01pm
It's been long planned for no colours. It will be much cleaner. Everyone should be underline, grey. On the bew forum. Exception sup. But we will see how it looks. We will also have a bar explaining ranks. For example the image of the PO . PO (President/owner). Ect. But we will see when VB comes out :)

Does the font in the user bars also have to be white? lol Unless we are making a greyer or a completely dark style board is just doesnt look right, no matter how clean you make it. Or it would look better bold, same with the usernames being a bolder white.

Lemonstein
25 Oct 2010, 12:03pm
It's been long planned for no colours.

WE'RE NOT HAVING VOLORUS ON NEW OFRTUMS
i lol went u sent me that :P

Svendy
25 Oct 2010, 12:23pm
i'm gonna enjoy the last minutes of my beautiful blue, it shall be missed. but i must question, since we have a user bar, doesnt that make the username-rank-image-prefix needless?

Vader
25 Oct 2010, 12:24pm
I am loving these bars. Can't wait to see the other stuff.

Paralyzed
25 Oct 2010, 12:54pm
Looking forward to all the new things coming!

Neji
25 Oct 2010, 01:15pm
Bring back colors :<

Bubbles
25 Oct 2010, 01:18pm
So you will be able to change user name color? Then why remove the color system at all?

Bob Loblaw
25 Oct 2010, 01:46pm
Colour adds personality in my opinion. I can survive without it, but the forums look a lottttttt better with colour IMO.

barackobama
25 Oct 2010, 01:53pm
So you will be able to change user name color? Then why remove the color system at all?

huh?

Mad
25 Oct 2010, 01:55pm
As i scrolled down the page, i could instantly read the tech admin and supporter user bars.
All the others are harder to read.
There are a number of things that i believe make it harder to read.
The font set in all caps.
The size of that specific font at that specific size makes the letters harder to make out when glancing at them.
I think the colours, even if just for the user bars was a really good idea, i think removing colours will be a backwards step.

Also inbetween the little letters and the username there needs to be a little more space imo.

http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/images/rankbars/newrankbars/po.png GarfieldH

Spiritwind
25 Oct 2010, 01:55pm
I love the rankbars but hate having only white for names... Looks to bland and in my opinion I feel likes its harder on the eyes...
It also feels way too boring. We want to show our community we respect them all, not just those who pay. Plus, if you go to a community forum where almost everyone has a color group, are you going to feel better than if everyone was white? Diversity people!!!!
I know this is most likely because I'm use to the old way, and I'm willing to give it a try for a couple weeks... it just... dosent feel like a steamgamers forum design... It feels more like Old people meeting and greeting forum.

XeNo
25 Oct 2010, 02:12pm
Rather than voiding the forums of all color, how about reg/mem stays white, supporters get to pick their color, and Admins regardless of higher up status are all the same color. It makes Admins look more of on the same level with each other, and new users visiting the forums can easily point out an Admin and ask for help.

Supporters of course shouldn't be able to pick the Admin color, but it would be a more interesting perk for them if they could pick their color but not change it every day or anything annoying.

Ms. Blargh
25 Oct 2010, 02:24pm
I agree with reg and mem being white, and then having the admin ranks be something like green and supporter can stay blue (dont like the idea of letting them pick a color, because the forums will become the rainbow mess it was again.)

barackobama
25 Oct 2010, 02:28pm
Okay, I will take a re-look.. I'm off to bed soon, and busy for a few days, but I will get round to it, thanks Xeno.

Riperzz
25 Oct 2010, 02:29pm
Sups able to pick any color is cool idea!

TheVirus
25 Oct 2010, 02:31pm
I don't think us keeping white is the final decision. I do think that coloring people's names based on their role works well, since I can tell whose post I should read and vise versa. I like the cleaner look of the new user bars, the old ones were a little jarring. These are far more subtle and easier to read.

Keep up the good work.

barackobama
25 Oct 2010, 02:33pm
I think people didn't read my first post clearly, we may not have colours but the people who are "management" will have an image next to the username, for example my name, it has "PO", of course it will be bigger, that was just a test one.

XeNo
25 Oct 2010, 02:35pm
I think people didn't read my first post clearly, we may not have colours but the people who are "management" will have an image next to the username, for example my name, it has "PO", of course it will be bigger, that was just a test one.
Alright, but it also helps for like, in the chatbox, a visitor can see an Admin's color in the text and ask them for help.

Keep up the good work.

barackobama
25 Oct 2010, 02:36pm
Alright, but it also helps for like, in the chatbox, a visitor can see an Admin's color in the text and ask them for help.

Keep up the good work.

The image also shows in chat box, wherever I post, the image "PO" will show next to me.

Lucid
25 Oct 2010, 02:51pm
Thanks Garf and everyone who donates.

Tooo muchhh bluee.

mapper
25 Oct 2010, 03:02pm
Good Job Garfield. Can't wait for vb4.0

iNorris
25 Oct 2010, 03:44pm
Supporters still look pretty cool. That's a plus.

Hazardous
25 Oct 2010, 03:51pm
I like it, it's very sleek.

Also I think supporters need more perks, considering they keep this community alive.

Harbor
25 Oct 2010, 04:10pm
Ok tbh, i hate the non new color, it helps new people seperate people to ask questions(green, yellow, orange red) and people who are trolls (purple...) I wish we would keep the color names, although the new user bars are bitchin

Caution
25 Oct 2010, 04:53pm
I don't really care, as long as whatever color we have matches the new forum design and doesn't look tacky. The user bars are pretty sick.

Harry
25 Oct 2010, 06:08pm
The new userbars are pretty awesome. Only thing I personally would change would to have them be different colors between the different ranks... so it's just easier to tell the difference. Reading is hard :X

Metal
25 Oct 2010, 06:18pm
I'm almost done.
Real busy atm, i all but two.

I'll pm you latter.

Also thanks for this update.

I'm loving it

ScubaToaster
25 Oct 2010, 07:43pm
New bars are looking nice, but as said above. Can we have colors to set apart the different staff?

König
25 Oct 2010, 09:47pm
Have faith in the man. He will not screw us over.

And Garf, maybe you should leave it this way. You will have people losing their shit and wanting to stand out.

1. Leave it this way
2. People get crazy and sick of monotony
3. They donate just to be blue
4. ?????
5. PROFIT!!!!!!!!!

Vader
25 Oct 2010, 10:00pm
-Different colors separating the ranks
-Maybe bigger bar (text is small)

Astrum
26 Oct 2010, 12:53am
Colour adds personality in my opinion. I can survive without it, but the forums look a lottttttt better with colour IMO.

I don't think us keeping white is the final decision. I do think that coloring people's names based on their role works well, since I can tell whose post I should read and vise versa. I like the cleaner look of the new user bars, the old ones were a little jarring. These are far more subtle and easier to read.

Keep up the good work.

Okay, this will be a work in progress and there are things I'm not satisfied with as they're shaping up. There will be a distinction between forum users and forum moderators/administrators with color. This is the same way it is on the server with the [SG] tag so people know who has admin abilities on the server. Just like on the server there is no differentiation between ranks, you're [SG] or not. I suppose there are Mem and Sup tags, but that's not the point. The differentiation between name will be there to tell you who has specific powers, that's all. As far as supporter color, no idea, I'll look into that.

The problem with our current system is that it likes like a brightly colored rainbow of vomit. I originally thought up how color deviations would work, namely a color wheel:

http://www.tigercolor.com/color-lab/color-theory/images/color-wheel-300.gif

We started at white, moved out into the color wheel at purple and continued CCW (skipping every other slice in this picture). Then SG-As became brown. Then the women wanted to be pink. Then the TAs or something became a slightly modified blue. We can't continue on like this, it just doesn't work.

As far as the PO next to garfield's name, that is so going away. I can work out a different system, but that will just look silly. Also, the new user bars do not match the theme, so I'd personally like to see them changed.

Bethy
26 Oct 2010, 01:23am
Okay, this will be a work in progress and there are things I'm not satisfied with as they're shaping up. There will be a distinction between forum users and forum moderators/administrators with color. This is the same way it is on the server with the [SG] tag so people know who has admin abilities on the server. Just like on the server there is no differentiation between ranks, you're [SG] or not. I suppose there are Mem and Sup tags, but that's not the point. The differentiation between name will be there to tell you who has specific powers, that's all. As far as supporter color, no idea, I'll look into that.

The problem with our current system is that it likes like a brightly colored rainbow of vomit. I originally thought up how color deviations would work, namely a color wheel:

http://www.tigercolor.com/color-lab/color-theory/images/color-wheel-300.gif

We started at white, moved out into the color wheel at purple and continued CCW (skipping every other slice in this picture). Then SG-As became brown. Then the women wanted to be pink. Then the TAs or something became a slightly modified blue. We can't continue on like this, it just doesn't work.

As far as the PO next to garfield's name, that is so going away. I can work out a different system, but that will just look silly. Also, the new user bars do not match the theme, so I'd personally like to see them changed.

I love you.

XeNo
26 Oct 2010, 01:24am
RAINBOWS IN MY MOUTH.

Harry
26 Oct 2010, 01:25am
No system will please people. People will always complain even when it's perfect. D:

Thanks.

barackobama
26 Oct 2010, 02:54am
We will see about the image next to my name. as said many times, that's not the finished project. Of course, anything final will have to be agreed upon with all the BD's. So Astrum's stuff has been discussed, but still needs to be confirmed with everyone (we have new BD's)

Neji
26 Oct 2010, 06:28am
Don't have 192809138123 diffrent colors. Let's go back to early 09, where we only had 8 colors (which were: black, white, purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, and red. That worked the best imo. No pink(or violet like tyrant wants to call it...) colors, or dark blue. Just these.

inb4blacknwhitearenotcolorstheyareshades

Another thing, these bars.... They dont match our theme. These userbars that we have right now match some kind of a "sci-fi" theme, not ours.

kthxbai

Third
26 Oct 2010, 07:10am
I kinda like not having a bazillion colors.
Especially Green admin... majority of the who's visited is usually green in comparison to any other name.

Depending on the new theme colors, 3 primary colors:
Sup's
BoD's
AO's

We don't need admins to have a color...
Admins will be known on the forum for their activity, not for their vomit colored name.

Tweezy
26 Oct 2010, 09:55am
To be honest, I think only having to colour schemes for the user accounts is really silly. For example, in the chatbox, it's just white and blue... Most of the new players won't know what ranks the other people are, I only know because I know most people here...

I think we should have the old colours back, it just makes life easier.

Nasu
26 Oct 2010, 11:46am
To be honest, I think only having to colour schemes for the user accounts is really silly. For example, in the chatbox, it's just white and blue... Most of the new players won't know what ranks the other people are, I only know because I know most people here...

I think we should have the old colours back, it just makes life easier.

The forums havent even transfered to VB4 yet, you don't know how it'll look then.

Astrum
26 Oct 2010, 12:12pm
The forums havent even transfered to VB4 yet, you don't know how it'll look then.

Similar to our current one. Slightly different, but not a ton. It'll change more over time, but it will never be sci-fi or anything like that. Our logo is more militaristic (thanks Eldest!).

Now, I'm going to do something I usually don't. Here's a bit of something I wrote in the BD forum so you guys understand what's going through my head. As you know I've been pushing a lot of changes on the web end of things and perhaps it would be nice if you guys knew where I was coming from. Here goes:

Like I said originally, there will be a differentiation between moderators/administrators and regular forum users. My original plan was to make everyone SG green and forum moderators and administrators red and red italic. That may be a bit too xmas'esque though.

My thinking is that just like on our servers we have a clear and distinct mechanism to show who has power. On the servers we have the [SG] tag. We don't have an [SG.PO], [SG.BD], [SG.AO], etc... tag, simply [SG]. This let's people in the server know that we are there to help and have control over the server and they can relay any requests they can't handle to someone higher than them transparent to the person who requested something. Similarly there needs to be a differentiation between regular forum users and moderators/administrators on the forum so people know who to go to for help. I've seen countless new members go to an SA for forum help thinking they have the ability, which they do not. By differentiating who has the power to help on the forums we will be doing what we've done on the servers since the beginning. This was always my intent.

Now, as far as what groups get what colors, I haven't decided. Perhaps white for everyone (white italicized for supporters?) and SGreen for moderators/administrators (admins are italicized). The problem with this is, SGreen is our signature color, and I want everyone to feel like they're a part of the community (power to the people!). This is why I wanted them to be SG Green. If that's the case then I'm not sure what color would work well for mods and admins. Our choices for the color is limited by the color scheme which is either green, or a few shades between black on white. However, possibly keeping us red would make us stand out so people know our abilities. After all, what use is the ability to serve if no one can easily know who we are?

Neji
26 Oct 2010, 01:26pm
I was thinking of a completly new color scheme. Here is my idea:

MEMBER:

hanehane

Regular:

OMAR

SUPPORTER

Harpr33t

Server Admin:

Neji

or

Neji

Community advisor:

PotshotPolka

AO:

Ms. Blargh

BD:

Astrum

EDIT:

GarfieldH said something about having a new rank called "Retired"

Here is what I think it should look like

Haggard

EDIT#2:

ALSO MAKE THE NAMES AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FORUM IN COLOR ORDER, NOT ALPHABETICAL ORDED. THAT WOULD MAKE SO MUCH BETTER TO LOOK AT

Astrum
26 Oct 2010, 01:32pm
I like that color you gave Haggard... It's quite appealing actually.

XeNo
26 Oct 2010, 02:39pm
08 color scheme was awesome.

Just change HG's color from 08 as Admin color.

TheVirus
26 Oct 2010, 02:42pm
I like that color you gave Haggard... It's quite appealing actually.

The problem with our current colors is that they are too contrasting and jarring. We need to cum up with a softer color scheme that isn't so painful to view against a dark background. Going with primary colors against a dark background is just begging for a brain aneurysm.

It's been several years since I looked at color theory, but there are sites out there that will give you a nice palette if you give them a starting color. I'd advise going with something they generate rather than thinking of one alone as there are complementary colors, but they are difficult to imagine without any reference or knowledge behind the theory.

b0red
26 Oct 2010, 02:42pm
looks pretty snazzy
diggin the rank bars

Banana Joe
26 Oct 2010, 03:16pm
The problem with our current colors is that they are too contrasting and jarring. We need to cum up with a softer color scheme that isn't so painful to view against a dark background. Going with primary colors against a dark background is just begging for a brain aneurysm.

It's been several years since I looked at color theory, but there are sites out there that will give you a nice palette if you give them a starting color. I'd advise going with something they generate rather than thinking of one alone as there are complementary colors, but they are difficult to imagine without any reference or knowledge behind the theory.

Eew

Prez
26 Oct 2010, 03:23pm
Ben, a bit too many colors IMO.

Admins (CA/SA/others lower than AO):
Tweezy

AOs:
Bob Loblaw

BDs:
Astrum
GarfieldH

Rank bars could be the difference-maker between the ranks I guess.

These are just what I thought would look nice.

EDIT: Green was ugly, pink is okay.

Octa
26 Oct 2010, 03:29pm
I like the new rank bars...

König
26 Oct 2010, 03:43pm
Ben, a bit too many colors IMO.

Admins (CA/SA/others lower than AO):
Tweezy

AOs:
Bob Loblaw

BDs:
Astrum
GarfieldH

Rank bars could be the difference-maker between the ranks I guess.

These are just what I thought would look nice.

EDIT: Green was ugly, pink is okay.

Look good to me, easy on the eyes.

My vote is in for the earthy/natural colors. It's all the rage in Europe.:blink:

Like clayish colors also.

Astrum

Astrum
26 Oct 2010, 03:59pm
Feel free to suggest colors, Virus. The theme we're using will be basically the same color scheme as this.

TheVirus
26 Oct 2010, 04:30pm
Color set 1:
Color 1
Color 2
Color 3
Color 4
Color 5
Color 6

Color set 2:
Color 1
Color 2
Color 3
Color 4
Color 5

Color set 3:
Color 1
Color 2
Color 3
Color 4
Color 5

Color set 4:
Color 1
Color 2
Color 3
Color 4
Color 5

Color set 5:
Color 1
Color 2
Color 3
Color 4
Color 5

That's what I have for now.

Lucid
26 Oct 2010, 04:49pm
Color set 3:

Color 3

I like this one.

König
26 Oct 2010, 05:32pm
Color set 1:
Color 1
Color 2
Color 3
Color 4
Color 5
Color 6

Color set 2:
Color 1
Color 2
Color 3
Color 4
Color 5

Color set 3:
Color 1
Color 2
Color 3
Color 4
Color 5

Color set 4:
Color 1
Color 2
Color 3
Color 4
Color 5

Color set 5:
Color 1
Color 2
Color 3
Color 4
Color 5

That's what I have for now.

I would say 1. I think it has to differ a little bit no?

But lovin' the earthy tones.

TheVirus
26 Oct 2010, 05:55pm
I would say 1. I think it has to differ a little bit no?

But lovin' the earthy tones.

Certainly. The first set was a mix of colors that I based off of a section of our website. The rest are colors that I generated when using different colors of the forum and main image as a reference. All sets, aside from 1, use similar colors. I'd advise only picking 1-2 out of sets 2-5.

XeNo
26 Oct 2010, 06:01pm
Certainly. The first set was a mix of colors that I based off of a section of our website. The rest are colors that I generated when using different colors of the forum and main image as a reference. All sets, aside from 1, use similar colors. I'd advise only picking 1-2 out of sets 2-5.
They look hella dark.

TheVirus
26 Oct 2010, 06:09pm
They look hella dark.

They complement the dark color scheme of the website. It doesn't make sense to have a dark website and use bright orange or red, it isn't easy on the eye. I'm not saying those are the only colors to choose from, just a guideline.

The point I was trying to make was that we need to keep the darker tones in mind. You can combine two of the colors (semi-contrasting) to make a badge, so the text/image stands out from the darkness of the background.

barackobama
26 Oct 2010, 06:27pm
Of course we still want character within the forum, just not too much! :)

Caution
26 Oct 2010, 06:37pm
Or just not have a dark forum theme.

please & thank you

TheVirus
26 Oct 2010, 06:41pm
http://imgur.com/YKSFp.png

Simple concept I tossed together in Paint.NET. I'm not an artist, but you can clearly see which color patterns go well together and which ones don't. I used the colors I listed in my previous post.

TheVirus
26 Oct 2010, 06:46pm
Or just not have a dark forum theme.

No, I hate white-background websites. They are annoying. I adore dark themes.

König
26 Oct 2010, 07:40pm
Okay let's all be honest. We are gamers.

The last thing we want to do is alt+tab out of game-into the forum and have our pupils turn into pinheads.

Metal
26 Oct 2010, 07:45pm
I should of said it is like a Alpha and Beta.
They are testing it and seeing if things work.

König
26 Oct 2010, 07:45pm
We shouldn't be alt-tabbing.

If anyone is it should be people reporting a problem/checking it out and being presented with a concise and welcoming site.

I'm not saying that the dark scheme doesn't work, I'm saying it's ugly.

Gotcha. Well to each his own my friend. :smile:

The color theme I would agree with. As I have said before. We need to trim everything down and introduce natural earthen tones as a theme. Make it simple and easy on the eyes. :blink1:

Hazardous
26 Oct 2010, 08:10pm
A lighter more sleek theme would be nice.

TheVirus
26 Oct 2010, 08:22pm
A lighter more sleek theme would be nice.

I'm all for more themes, but they can't be half-assed. I'd rather have 1 really nice theme than 2 'meh' ones.

Lemonstein
26 Oct 2010, 09:24pm
bump @ old work:

dark theme
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/3214/frontpage.png

light theme
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/443/lightfrontpagecopy.png

we should bring back the pink lol

König
26 Oct 2010, 09:33pm
bump @ old work:

dark theme
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/3214/frontpage.png

light theme
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/443/lightfrontpagecopy.png

we should bring back the pink lol

The first one looks fucking sweet.

This is what I think we should do. Something along these lines.

http://www.q101.com/

Astrum
27 Oct 2010, 02:26am
Anyway, the dark theme is tacky. I know it's a gaming forum but it has the sort of colour scheme a 13 year old would pick when they found out you could change the Deus Ex menu. Seriously, it's incredibly ugly in my opinion (and a hell of a lot of others when we switched to it) and doesn't make us anymore "hardcore" than a normal theme would. I don't even remember there being any discussion when it was changed, either.

Has nothing to do with being "hardcore". A lot of people prefer a darker theme for readability. Hell, look at my terminal window compared to the default. I find the first much easier on my eyes and way more readable:

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1672/ss1su.png
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/8162/ss2il.png

If you don't like a dark colored theme because you think we're trying to be "hardcore" then deal with it. If you don't like it because you find white more readable, then you're in the minority, but we'll look into a secondary theme. Problem is we don't exactly have the best graphic designers in the world around here. I can only do so much since I'm more of a programmer. Initially the theme will have a very similar color scheme as this site. We'll look into a secondary one but it's not going to happen over night.

Again, back to my point - why do we think the forum is the most important place? Hopefully the new one will deal with the state the sections are in and they'll be rearranged but it would be a lot easier on the eyes if we just used a normal theme. It is just a forum, don't forget. It's supposed to be in parallel with the servers, not the main important thing..

In case you missed every post from the last year, that's why we're moving to a CMS. Having said that nothing is going to be perfect when the site launches. We have very few people competent to do this sort of stuff and they're all busy with their real life, me included.

Thanks for the color suggestions, Virus. I'll look into it.

Jazz
27 Oct 2010, 05:54am
Suggestion:

Forum users should be gray.

Members could be white.
HaneHane

Regs could be fet white.
Banana Joe

Supporters can be any blue-ish colour they want. (Optional.)
starbucks

All Admins should be green because it matches the theme. With the exception of AM, BD, VP and PO who could be red.

Harry
27 Oct 2010, 05:58am
Proud #FFFFFF on #000000 terminal user here. I agree with Astrum 100%. The reason why I like darker themes is because it doesn't rape your eyes. It is a bit less welcoming, true... but with the quality being is much more pleasing on the eyes. I do dislike using them because all the skiddys use it... but I can deal with that, rather than having my corneas get raped.

Bethy
27 Oct 2010, 06:09am
I love the dark, especially since my eyes start to hurt after being on the computer for just an hour lol.

Spiffy
27 Oct 2010, 08:27am
I love the dark, especially since my eyes start to hurt after being on the computer for just an hour lol.

Your eyes hurt because of the dark theme. Lighter themes are much easier on the eyes.

Astrum
27 Oct 2010, 09:43am
Now, since I'm extremely aggravated today due to working 16 hour days for the past week and a half, let's get something straight. It's great that everyone here is bitching like a baby and demanding to have their ass wiped with gold tissue, but I do this shit on my free fucking time. Every one of the higher-ups does. Most of you aren't trying to help either. So rather than entertain further bitching, either do something or shut up. Feel free to either pay me my going rate or do it yourself. If you do it yourself it had damn well look professional and mirror the structure and style of our new theme. Of course you haven't seen our new theme, yet you're already bitching.

Thread closed.