PDA

View Full Version : A Russian Take on Marijuana

SgtJoo
24 Oct 2010, 09:19am
Whilst perusing the intertubes I came across this interview in Foreign Policy. Not quite sure what to make of it but one quote made me laugh.

"I'm afraid that the consequences of [legalization] will be catastrophic. Even the Netherlands, where they sell marijuana legally in coffee shops, they are now reversing on this. Because there, and everywhere, drug addiction is becoming stronger and the people who are addicted develop psychiatric deviations. They say, 'What does God do when he wants to punish a person? He deprives him of his mind.'"

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2010/10/22/interview_viktor_ivanov?page=0,0

PotshotPolka
24 Oct 2010, 09:55am
Lol, silly siloviki.

ScubaToaster
24 Oct 2010, 10:43am
Doesn't really matter, they're all too busy drinking rocket fuel and fearing the mafia to bother with pot.

I wish.

Shadowex3
25 Oct 2010, 12:21am
They're working away from it for the same reason everyone's IP laws are gradually becoming more and more insane, the main export of the United States is not a product but our social puritanism.

dwightj
5 Mar 2011, 03:35am
There are indeed some countries who consider marijuana as a legal drug, these deems harmful especially to those who take advantage of some or even fly to those countries just to satisfy their addiction issues. We cannot deny the fact that addiction is a growing problem worldwide that is why I am for making this drug illegal since addiction to such outweighs the benefits it poses.

Ámber
5 Mar 2011, 03:54am
If marijuana becomes illigal in the Netherlands aswell, im moving out of here >_<

PotshotPolka
5 Mar 2011, 04:36am
If marijuana becomes illigal in the Netherlands aswell, im moving out of here >_<

Isn't it with the exception of a few cities???

Trashed
5 Mar 2011, 06:06am

:ok:

Ámber
5 Mar 2011, 06:53am
Isn't it with the exception of a few cities???

Nope, its everywhere legal, except not in a certain distance of schools.

Kuro
5 Mar 2011, 11:03pm
In Russia Marijuana Smokes You!

can't believe no one said that yet.

Dracula
6 Mar 2011, 04:47am
In Russia Marijuana Smokes You!

can't believe no one said that yet.

Leave the Politics section and never come back.

Tamahome
11 Mar 2011, 09:14am
Doesn't really matter, they're all too busy drinking rocket fuel and fearing the mafia to bother with pot.

That's what they need pot for ;D

high rws
26 Jul 2011, 01:13pm
i'm pretty sure you can still get fined for smoking weed in amsterdam in public, but i heard the police don't really care if you do it or not. could be wrong