PDA

View Full Version : ChainedLord's Peripheral Issues (Keyboard/Mouse/Monitors etc)

Chainedlord
17 Oct 2010, 05:52pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Peripheral Issues (Keyboard/Mouse/Monitors etc) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows Vista If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
CA Security Center Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Alienware What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
- Please state your problem here
My microphone (Plantronics GameCom 777 Surround Sound Gaming Headset) is experiencing a buzzing/static noise, along with a lot of feedback, while in any steam based game. This does not happen in ventrilo or any other voice recording programs, its just steam based games...I've been troubleshooting all day today, and I have yet to find the problem. I have turned off Mic Booster manually and in my Recording Devices. Any help would be appreciated.

duhoh
17 Oct 2010, 05:59pm
maybe lower the receive volume on the steam games while raising the input volume in the volume control settings.

XeNo
19 Oct 2010, 10:25pm
My microphone (Plantronics GameCom 777 Surround Sound Gaming Headset) is experiencing a buzzing/static noise, along with a lot of feedback, while in any steam based game. This does not happen in ventrilo or any other voice recording programs, its just steam based games...I've been troubleshooting all day today, and I have yet to find the problem. I have turned off Mic Booster manually and in my Recording Devices. Any help would be appreciated.
I had this problem as well back with my old headset.

Do this:
Close out of any steam games, load ventrilo, then test your mic using Vent's setup thing to see if it works, then join a steam game and see if mic works.

For whatever reason, on my old usb headset, I had to start vent first then CS:S, if I did it the other way around, vent mic sucked the same way you say yours did.

I'm not sure the cause of this, but I just know doing it that way fixed my mic for me.

Also:
If it messes up in CS:S after map switch or something, you have to close CS:S, close vent, open vent, open CS:S again for it to work again. It's annoying. Next time do what I did and get a 3.5mm headset rather than usb.

Kaos
21 Oct 2010, 04:45pm
If your sure it isnt the headset, then id say its a problem with the settings. Test with lowering output and raising input. Also, use ventrillo's settings for ventrillo, dont test the input/output of the mic while on vent. Maybe get into a empty game then mess with the settings.

And in the future, i suggest not getting a usb mic. They have tons of problems, and take up a needed usb slot (needed for me, anyways)