PDA

View Full Version : New Knife in TTT

Xoddox
14 Oct 2010, 12:42pm
Is it just me or does anyone else thing the new knife has been nerfed way to much? It now takes two hits or two knife throws to kill someone with a knife. On top of that, the knife speed is so ridiculously slow that it is entirely possible for innocents to turn around and kill the traitor before they are able to knife again. This defeats the whole purpose of a knife. Its suppose to be a silent and deadly kill, that is why you are only allowed to buy one of them. The knife should be changed back to the way it was before, one hit one kill. As it stands right now the knife is useless, in my opinion. Does anyone else agree?

Nasu
14 Oct 2010, 01:04pm
If you want to know why it was changed, check this thread:
http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?topic=10223.0

Kaos
14 Oct 2010, 01:25pm
I agree, but i also kinda agree with that article. If i had to vote, id say change it back though.

Harpr33t
14 Oct 2010, 01:29pm
Is it unlimited uses?

KScorp
14 Oct 2010, 02:20pm
Knife is used up when it kills someone, not when it damages someone. Hypothetically, you can stab everyone on the server once with a knife if they're all at above 60 health, but you won't end up killing any of them.

I like this change, knife is overused anyway. C4 is quieter now (and apparently is even quieter if you set the time higher), the newton launcher is also quieter, and so is the silenced pistol. It encourages variety.

Paralyzed
14 Oct 2010, 02:20pm
The TTT version has not been updated yet on SG right? So we still have the one stab knife.

Dirty Sanchez
14 Oct 2010, 02:35pm
The TTT version has not been updated yet on SG right? So we still have the one stab knife.

It was updated earlier today.
Backstab should be instakill, anything else should take two knives. Though I've seen traitors actually using the other traitor weapons which is good.

Paralyzed
14 Oct 2010, 02:36pm
It was updated earlier today.
Backstab should be instakill, anything else should take two knives. Though I've seen traitors actually using the other traitor weapons which is good.

Ahhh okay, I'll go check it out right away.

Phobos
14 Oct 2010, 04:02pm
It should be like CS. 1 knife in back is a kill, 2 elsewhere. Throwing should 1hit too imo.

Bad Dog
14 Oct 2010, 04:34pm
Stupid. The guy who made the thread Nasu posted was actually annoyed that two traitors could kill a detective then have the other traitor burn his body? DERP? And he is annoyed people can be backstabbed? YA THATS WHY YOU TURN AROUND.

Fucking stupid people man, this update is gay.

Hsnow
14 Oct 2010, 05:11pm
herp derp

qq some more maybe they'll change it back

Anyways about the update, I don't hate it but I don't like it. In some ways its more balanced and in some ways its still broken so it's stupid to complain about every time a game you play updates when they fix some things but other things are still broken.

Kaos
14 Oct 2010, 05:29pm
herp derp

qq some more maybe they'll change it back

Anyways about the update, I don't hate it but I don't like it. In some ways its more balanced and in some ways its still broken so it's stupid to complain about every time a game you play updates when they fix some things but other things are still broken.

exactly.

Paralyzed
14 Oct 2010, 06:05pm
Throwing knife is only causing damage, it's worthy a instant kill at least.. imo

Sandvich
14 Oct 2010, 06:30pm
I think the throwing knife should do less damage the farther it goes.
For example, a long-ranged throwing knife would do less damage than a 5 foot throw.
I don't know if its possible to script this in lua, but it doesnt sound like a bad idea, right?

Neji
14 Oct 2010, 06:39pm
2 words

It's gay

SoulKeeper
14 Oct 2010, 07:46pm
Our maps aren't designed for ninja's... they're all extremely bright and open, not to mention the majority of innocents just stick together, or are at least looking around themselves when alone.

People died using the knife before, how's it broken? People had the time to call others out all the time, now the knife is completely useless. Within the time it takes to knife someone you could simply just shoot them in the face with a shotgun and you'd have a better chance of not getting caught.

My suggestion is to keep the knife to 1 hit, (as it's not hard to do) or remove our current maps and just add pitch black maps, where all you can see is the area within your flashlight. (Though, you should add a way to disable the lights so it wouldn't just be completely gay).

2 words

It's gay

Technically 3 words, it's=it is

Kiwi
14 Oct 2010, 08:49pm

Technically a conjunction is just one word. So it's two words.

Hsnow
14 Oct 2010, 09:42pm
Technically a conjunction is just one word. So it's two words.
This isn't English class guys, it's the internet and only grammar Nazis care about people making mistakes over the internet.

I repeat:

HURP DURP

Drox
14 Oct 2010, 09:52pm
Stupid update

KScorp
14 Oct 2010, 11:29pm
I played several rounds, but I wasn't a T in any of them. D:

I really want to see how this plays out. The main reason this was changed was because the innocent couldn't do shit against a knife, and the knife requires no skill. Sure, it leads to some hilarious situations that way, especially when you knife the detective in a crowd of people, but basically every traitor always got a knife because it was a free kill.

I really want to see traitors use the other god damned weapons more anyway.

Harry
14 Oct 2010, 11:45pm
every traitor always got a knife because it was a free kill.
Who doesn't like free kills? It's a 1-to-4 ratio. If they chose to jihad with the knife out in the open, that's their own loss. The DNA shall forever be there.

Phobos
14 Oct 2010, 11:50pm
I don't know if it's back, but I couldn't scan the dna of the knife when the update was rolled out. Also, the knife is only a free kill to skillful players. There are many times where one could easily just mess up and get caught.

Paralyzed
15 Oct 2010, 04:22am
The knife is already been fixed thanks to Spartan.

Nasu
15 Oct 2010, 06:23am
The knife is already been fixed thanks to Spartan.

What do you mean?

Paralyzed
15 Oct 2010, 06:29am
What do you mean?

Spartan changed the damage of the knife as Spartan didn't like it when he threw a knife at someone that he only damaged him. Now the knife is one stab only again.

Spartan
15 Oct 2010, 08:02am
I threw the knife at Third and it bounced of him. I immediately changed it.

Nasu
15 Oct 2010, 08:39am
Argh, now people will keep using the knife on me :[

I REALLY dont want it to be instakill but I guess 2 hits is a bit much. And throwing knife should be instakill after some distance.

Oh and the knife no longer contains dna, only the knifed body, so a small buff for the knife was also made.

WHICH DOESNT FIT WITH THE INSTAKILL *WINKWINK*

Kiwi
15 Oct 2010, 01:33pm

IloveyouSpartan <3

Afamad 2.1
18 Oct 2010, 08:28pm

He was obviously wearing knife proof armor.

Harpr33t
19 Oct 2010, 08:19am

Nooooo, that makes it realistic! Its just that you hit him with the handle instead of the blade. :lol:

PotshotPolka
20 Oct 2010, 04:35pm

The pommel hit him you goddamn moron. That's why cool kids use silenced pistols.

Barber
20 Oct 2010, 04:49pm

Amen

Movement
20 Oct 2010, 05:12pm
Nooooo, that makes it realistic! Its just that you hit him with the handle instead of the blade. :lol:

Realism < Fun

Kaos
20 Oct 2010, 05:34pm
Our maps aren't designed for ninja's... they're all extremely bright and open, not to mention the majority of innocents just stick together, or are at least looking around themselves when alone.

People died using the knife before, how's it broken? People had the time to call others out all the time, now the knife is completely useless. Within the time it takes to knife someone you could simply just shoot them in the face with a shotgun and you'd have a better chance of not getting caught.

My suggestion is to keep the knife to 1 hit, (as it's not hard to do) or remove our current maps and just add pitch black maps, where all you can see is the area within your flashlight. (Though, you should add a way to disable the lights so it wouldn't just be completely gay).

Bright and open? Id say the majority of the maps are dark and cramped. Some are just one or another, but there arent many with none of those two aspects..

Phobos
20 Oct 2010, 08:12pm
I hate the new knife animation. If it's gotta be down low, at least make it reflect a lot more light so we can see it better vs. holstered.. ffs.

PingPong
20 Oct 2010, 11:37pm
Knife was perfectley fine but of course some faggot has to ruin it for the rest. Thanks for fixing it spartan.