PDA

View Full Version : Other Games to Expand To

Neutronrocks
14 Oct 2010, 05:29am
Decided to make a running list of all the other games that would be cool to expand to (multiplayer).

MINECRAFT
PORTAL 2 Discontinued thought

post replies as needed

Mad
14 Oct 2010, 05:53am
I did read something on the front page about someone going to set up a Minecraft server, but i guess that will be dodgy seeing its still in beta, as long as people still stick with Minecraft to the release i guess this will be a lot easier, its definitely something i would be interested in.
As for portal 2. Its quite a long way off at the moment, and we don't really have any idea how multiplayer will work? i got the feeling that it was more coop with two players. So it would be more like how Left 4 Dead servers work, except even less players :P

Neji
14 Oct 2010, 01:31pm
Minecraft - yes
Portal 2 - No.

Another thing that I think we should get is HL2:DM server, or TF2 surf server, or some 24/7 map.

Kaos
14 Oct 2010, 03:26pm
Minecraft would be pretty fun to see online, especially with SG members that we all know!

Portal 2...haha good one. NO.

Team Fortress 2- Honestly, i say no because people dont really play TF2 servers, which means making an SG one is pointless. (not saying no one plays it, just not many would be on the server we made.)

Minecraft is a REALLY good thought though, so props to Neutron for mentioning it.

andre1028
14 Oct 2010, 05:52pm
Crysis 2

Matt
14 Oct 2010, 05:58pm
diablo 3 ? if there dedi servers

Neutronrocks
14 Oct 2010, 08:41pm
We NEED Minecraft. Emphasis on the NEED.

Edit: I agree, maybe Half-Life Deathmatch, or maybe a Half-Life Co-op? Those are kinda fun too.

Chainedlord
14 Oct 2010, 09:05pm
diablo 3 ? if there dedi servers

I can't wait for diablo 3, thank you for reminding me

Neutronrocks
15 Oct 2010, 10:29pm
So I saw Garf's post on another thread... We ARE getting a minecraft server. Imma setup one too so my friends at school can play on it.

Mad Dogg
16 Oct 2010, 06:27am
L4D2?

Bad Dog
16 Oct 2010, 11:50am
Why do we NEED to expand to other games? Yes, growth and expansion is good, but I'd much rather fix some of the issues with the servers we have now. None really major, honestly, but maybe we should think about bolstering our CS:S servers. I mean, really the only popular ones are Escape and MG.

I cant remember the last time PB was really populated, and Surf has been dying/dead for a while, despite the effort to keep it from keeling over. Fuck Noobs seems to have been dead for a long time. To my understanding, Trikz is semi populated, though it seems to be empty 75% of the time, maybe more lately.

I'd just like us to stay popular in the game mod SG started in, yes we have two popular servers in CS:S but would it hurt to try and stay popular before expaning to other games? I mean, our past really doesnt show us doing a great job expanding to new games, just look at BFBC2, KF, TF2 (Was it 2 fails or 3?). I believe there were more, and I know we had a fail build server on GMOD.

We really are popular on GMOD, but that seems to be it.

So like I said, before we try expanding into new games, can we try and keep the servers we started in alive?

Metal
16 Oct 2010, 03:54pm
BF2-BF3

PotshotPolka
16 Oct 2010, 03:55pm
I demand a private Red Orchestra server so I can train inept drivers to dodge lightposts that leap out at them at 5 mph.

starbucks
16 Oct 2010, 04:05pm
Or a Red Orchestra server in general. :D

Dirty Sanchez
16 Oct 2010, 04:11pm
combat arms

Matt
17 Oct 2010, 06:35pm
I can't wait for diablo 3, thank you for reminding me

lmao np :D

Neutronrocks
17 Oct 2010, 09:12pm
Ummm... surf is very alive, at least 10 people on most of the time. TRIKZ is mostly empty (reduce slots to 4 and i might get full once). fuck noobs is dead. pb would be alive, so many people want it alive, yet it wont be alive.

Lucid
17 Oct 2010, 10:23pm
ZM Unlimited Ammo Servers are decently popular.

Although you guys don't like the thought of unlimited ammo, it could be popular.

barackobama
17 Oct 2010, 10:26pm
Why do we NEED to expand to other games? Yes, growth and expansion is good, but I'd much rather fix some of the issues with the servers we have now. None really major, honestly, but maybe we should think about bolstering our CS:S servers. I mean, really the only popular ones are Escape and MG.

I cant remember the last time PB was really populated, and Surf has been dying/dead for a while, despite the effort to keep it from keeling over. Fuck Noobs seems to have been dead for a long time. To my understanding, Trikz is semi populated, though it seems to be empty 75% of the time, maybe more lately.

I'd just like us to stay popular in the game mod SG started in, yes we have two popular servers in CS:S but would it hurt to try and stay popular before expaning to other games? I mean, our past really doesnt show us doing a great job expanding to new games, just look at BFBC2, KF, TF2 (Was it 2 fails or 3?). I believe there were more, and I know we had a fail build server on GMOD.

We really are popular on GMOD, but that seems to be it.

So like I said, before we try expanding into new games, can we try and keep the servers we started in alive?

Have you seen the gametracker stats for surf? it's full 24/7...

Kiwi
18 Oct 2010, 04:33am
ZM Unlimited Ammo Servers are decently popular.

Although you guys don't like the thought of unlimited ammo, it could be popular.

Is it only with pistols?

Lucid
18 Oct 2010, 01:53pm
Is it only with pistols?

No, if you just disallow vents and crouch spots and some other few select spots, then it's pretty simple to break into a cade while people are shooting with unlimited ammo.

Zaraki
18 Oct 2010, 03:32pm
No, if you just disallow vents and crouch spots and some other few select spots, then it's pretty simple to break into a cade while people are shooting with unlimited ammo.

Will this be with, or without noblock?
I prefer servers without it because 1000 zombies coming trough a door or 1 coming trough and blocking the others is fairly a big difference.

Btw, reality faces it... NOBLOCK SUCKS!
:smile:

Prez
18 Oct 2010, 03:36pm
I think it would be a good idea to see if we can create an official userbase for RTS games such as SC2, others such as LoL or WoW. They're very popular and adding an official part for it would grow popularity. I'm willing to debate this.

b0red
18 Oct 2010, 03:37pm
24/7 2fort

Bad Dog
18 Oct 2010, 04:44pm
Have you seen the gametracker stats for surf? it's full 24/7...

My mistake, it was dead for a while, but thats good that its still going. But there are other servers of ours (PB, Fuck Noobs (Unless this too had a turn around), Achievement server and the skill server (Though, like I said, seems like it is semi-populated).

I'm not saying expandings bad, and having a server be empty isnt always horrible, but when we have multiple servers that are dead, we should drop 'em or get new ones.

Lucid
18 Oct 2010, 06:45pm
Will this be with, or without noblock?
I prefer servers without it because 1000 zombies coming trough a door or 1 coming trough and blocking the others is fairly a big difference.

Btw, reality faces it... NOBLOCK SUCKS!
:smile:

You can't have ZM with noblock. It would fail. No stacking, no run boosting, no having fail zombies try jump into the cade blocking other players, no nothing.

Neutronrocks
18 Oct 2010, 08:47pm
My mistake, it was dead for a while, but thats good that its still going. But there are other servers of ours (PB, Fuck Noobs (Unless this too had a turn around), Achievement server and the skill server (Though, like I said, seems like it is semi-populated).

I'm not saying expandings bad, and having a server be empty isnt always horrible, but when we have multiple servers that are dead, we should drop 'em or get new ones.

I can't get on achievement, no fastdl, no maps on my comp.