PDA

View Full Version : Claiming an area rule?

Ronen
10 Oct 2010, 11:54am
I was just wondering what are the rules for claiming a small area on a TTT map...As far as the rules in the MOTD says "Claiming area is allowed but is liable to make you a suspect..." translates to other people as If he claimed an area he is Kill on Sight... anyone able to clarify this rule? and on the MOTD as well?

-Ronen

Nasu
10 Oct 2010, 11:59am
If someone claims an area, you can kill him. (Unless it's the detective duh)

BUT IF YOU DON'T THINK THEY'RE TRAITOR, DON'T KILL THEM

Drox
10 Oct 2010, 01:16pm
Just remember, dont get butthurt if that person kills you for trying to kill them. Personally, I rarely claim a area and kill people who come into it (Unless they are trying to kill me). I just usually make sure people know that person is hanging around where I am at, or if it seems Im the only one left alive I then kill on sight if a person tries hard to get to me.

Bad Dog
10 Oct 2010, 01:50pm
Basically this is the rule: Claiming an area forfeits your protection under the RDM rule. Meaning, you claim an area, you can be killed. For whatever.

Phobos
14 Oct 2010, 10:09am
So, why is claiming an area traitorous? I would think that it makes you want to be left alone so nobody could come in and kill you. The goal of the traitors is to hunt the innos. The innos just have to survive or identify and kill traitors.

Harry
14 Oct 2010, 10:47am
So, why is claiming an area traitorous? I would think that it makes you want to be left alone so nobody could come in and kill you. The goal of the traitors is to hunt the innos. The innos just have to survive or identify and kill traitors.
My personal take on it, is that claiming areas ruins the game. You could also claim an area to drag people you killed into it, etc., which makes you pretty suspicious.

The Famous Zombie Hunter
14 Oct 2010, 11:56am
Its because if you claim an area, it means its yours,and you'll defend it and keep other people out.

Which makes every dip s**t in the world instantly think "BITCH IS HIDIN A BODY!!" and try to kill you rather than simply ask if they can look around.

Nasu
14 Oct 2010, 12:35pm
No one actually thinks you're hiding a body, they just kill you because they are allowed to do it :/

PingPong
20 Oct 2010, 04:22pm
Your allowed to claim an area but it doesn't excuse you from rdm.

Alzine
21 Oct 2010, 07:40pm
this is odd. on other servers i've played on, there is like a certain time you are allowed to claim, like last 2-3 mins your allowed to claim, and if anyone come in you either shoot them or warn them.

Tyler
21 Oct 2010, 08:03pm
If you claim territory, you are free game. If you kill people to "protect your turf", you are considered a target and its not an rdm if you die.

I am just gona add, be aware your karma will suffer significantly if you kill pretty much 2 or 3 people who try to enter. 1 wrong kill doesn't usually affect your damage, but after that it starts to drop A LOT. If you claim an area, make it a small'ish area and not like an entire part of the map. And even then, you're a target free to be killed, but you can be killed to protect your area. Just remember the karma works both ways.

From a thread I asked about it in

Kaos
22 Oct 2010, 12:15pm
Claiming an area is suspicious and a dick move. Dont camp, dont complain.

Honestly, if someone claims an area, im gunna keep an eye on them and probably end up executing them. Dont be mad if your killed for camping or "claiming an area". They are basically the same shit..

Harpr33t
22 Oct 2010, 01:49pm
Claiming an area is suspicious and a dick move. Dont camp, dont complain.

Honestly, if someone claims an area, im gunna keep an eye on them and probably end up executing them. Dont be mad if your killed for camping or "claiming an area". They are basically the same shit..

Your not thinking logically. If I want to hide in a room and not allow anyone in AND announce I'm in the room your just going to find a bullshit excuse to kill me?

Ronen
22 Oct 2010, 02:19pm
I personally believe that this rule should be taken away and not allow anyone to claim a room.

2DG
23 Oct 2010, 01:17am
I personally believe that this rule should be taken away and not allow anyone to claim a room.

nope.

SoulKeeper
23 Oct 2010, 09:36am
If you're allowed to shoot me, I'm allowed to shoot you.

Phobos
23 Oct 2010, 10:33am
I just don't see how trying to avoid everyone makes you a traitor. That's kind of the opposite of the traitor's job. If innocent players are dumb enough to not listen and enter your room, they deserve to die imo. However, I remember we used to agree on room claiming was allowed at 5 minutes left.

iClown
2 Nov 2010, 05:11am
I would say people can claim areas, but you are free to shoot back .

Mad Dogg
2 Nov 2010, 05:30am
You need to warn first, before you shoot, but its not rdm if you get killed for that.
IŽd say you can claim area.
Like 1 time I was a traitor and went to 1 room with 2 peaple.
Then 1 of them just shot me without saying a word. lucky I was recording.
For reason he said they had claimed the room.

u egg
2 Nov 2010, 05:37am
if everyone can claim an area, it would be a camp fest. what's the point of camping in a room the whole round ? the point of ttt is to find out the traitors, not camping till the round finish.

Harry
25 Nov 2010, 09:40am
Just for clarification, if you're a detective, and you say "no claiming areas, detectives order", they are a traitor/disobeying your order if they still insist on claiming?

Anonymous people disagreed with me. I think if a detective says "do (or do not) do X", then if you do it, you're a traitor. Am I correct, or are they?

Harpr33t
25 Nov 2010, 09:47am
Just for clarification, if you're a detective, and you say "no claiming areas, detectives order", they are a traitor/disobeying your order if they still insist on claiming?

Anonymous people disagreed with me. I think if a detective says "do (or do not) do X", then if you do it, you're a traitor. Am I correct, or are they?

I disagreed with you. I picked a small house and clearly stated it location and told you guys don't come in it or you'll die. We ended up killing you and the next round you said, "Detective orders no claiming areas".

As a detective you can't change the server rules which state that claiming areas is allowed but liable to get you killed. So stop trying become the equivalent of a Nazi CT on pb who took it upon themselves and changed the rules and ran that server to the ground.

High
25 Nov 2010, 09:55am

Detectives cannot change the server rules. Pure and simple.

Harry
25 Nov 2010, 09:55am
Detectives cannot change the server rules. Pure and simple.
Okay.

I disagreed with you. I picked a small house and clearly stated it location and told you guys don't come in it or you'll die. We ended up killing you and the next round you said, "Detective orders no claiming areas".

As a detective you can't change the server rules which state that claiming areas is allowed but liable to get you killed. So stop trying become the equivalent of a Nazi CT on pb who took it upon themselves and changed the rules and ran that server to the ground.
You claimed the room for what, 3 rounds (I am bad at counting, and I honestly didn't want to drag you into this and make it a big "personal problem", so pls don't hate), and you claimed it at the very beginning. If a detective wants everyone to not claim areas, they should have every right to say so, and anyone who disobeys is being traitorous of the detectives orders.

I don't want the rules changed. It's already known that you should obey the detective, or you will be suspicious. Sure, you SHOULD NOT kill people for claiming when the detective says not to, but you will probably find yourself on an end of someone's shitstick if you don't listen to what the detective orders.

Harpr33t
25 Nov 2010, 11:44am
Okay.

You claimed the room for what, 3 rounds (I am bad at counting, and I honestly didn't want to drag you into this and make it a big "personal problem", so pls don't hate), and you claimed it at the very beginning. If a detective wants everyone to not claim areas, they should have every right to say so, and anyone who disobeys is being traitorous of the detectives orders.

I don't want the rules changed. It's already known that you should obey the detective, or you will be suspicious. Sure, you SHOULD NOT kill people for claiming when the detective says not to, but you will probably find yourself on an end of someone's shitstick if you don't listen to what the detective orders.

Please refer to what Highsky said, which was detectives can not change server rules: Which are claiming areas are allowed.

Zealot
26 Nov 2010, 02:30am
If you claim an area, I'm walking in anyways. If you shoot me, I'll shoot back.

Derpin'101