PDA

View Full Version : So I don't get bothered asking...

Spartan
9 Oct 2010, 06:56am
The ttt server is purposely left at v14, gmod update 101. The reason being the update broke sourcemod again, and I'm awaiting a fix for this before I bother updating. I'd rather have a broken scoreboard at the end than no admin on the server.

You'll just have to put up with it for now.

Jazz
9 Oct 2010, 07:12am
The ttt server is purposely left at v14, gmod update 101. The reason being the update broke sourcemod again, and I'm awaiting a fix for this before I bother updating. I'd rather have a broken scoreboard at the end than no admin on the server.

You'll just have to put up with it for now.

They ruined Gmod too? :(

Paralyzed
9 Oct 2010, 07:44am
The update of TTT with the new Visualizer item is cool, but now a knife isn't instant kill anymore. Instead you have to stab twice which is really ghey.

Kaos
9 Oct 2010, 11:33am
Its official... Valve knows how to fuck shit up.

Harry
9 Oct 2010, 12:00pm
The update of TTT with the new Visualizer item is cool, but now a knife isn't instant kill anymore. Instead you have to stab twice which is really ghey.
wat :angry:

Anyone who blames Valve for it: Valve doesn't develop GMod.

Also,

Gmod update 104: https://facepunch.svn.beanstalkapp.com/gmodgame/trunk/changelog.txt
[TTT] Changed Traitor starting credits to 2.
[TTT] Changed balance on most Traitor equipment to make it less noisy and more powerful.

fffffff... WHY THEY DO THIS.

Anyways, Sourcemod willSHOULD work for gmod if you get the latest snapshot (http://www.sourcemod.net/smdrop/1.3/sourcemod-1.3.5-hg3054-windows.zip), and copy the gamedata folder (\addons\sourcemod\gamedata) into the same folder on the gmod server.

Kiwi
9 Oct 2010, 12:36pm
Never update. Ever.

Nasu
9 Oct 2010, 12:48pm
You're all just mad that the "easy kill"-knife has been nerfed :)

SgtJoo
9 Oct 2010, 12:58pm
So uhh... Spartan... why isn't there an update?

Harry
9 Oct 2010, 12:59pm
You're all just mad that the "easy kill"-knife has been nerfed :)
It's a 1 time use, credit-based system. It shouldn't be nerfed to begin with.

Nasu
9 Oct 2010, 01:17pm
It's a 1 time use, credit-based system. It shouldn't be nerfed to begin with.

People might learn to use the other traitor items more now. imo it was a waste of credit before and only situational.

Now it's even more situational, which is all good. It was the most used weapon in traitor arsenal, because it certainly gave you one kill, but after that if the detective found the body and dna:d it you would be hunted and your cover lost.

Now it no longer contains dna, only the body has it (I think it has :O)

Spartan
9 Oct 2010, 05:32pm
Speaking from experience, the knife is pretty bullshit. No matter how smart or vigilant of the game you are, a quick fly by knife from anywhere can get you killed without hesitation and no warning. I've even been stabbed in public surrounded by 10 people and still, nobody bothers to see who it was. The rate at which the knife slashes, 2 hits shouldn't be a problem anyway. It just means now you're gona have to actually sneak up behind someone and do it rather than running face first and quickswitching.

Neji
9 Oct 2010, 08:09pm
Speaking from experience, the knife is pretty bullshit. No matter how smart or vigilant of the game you are, a quick fly by knife from anywhere can get you killed without hesitation and no warning. I've even been stabbed in public surrounded by 10 people and still, nobody bothers to see who it was. The rate at which the knife slashes, 2 hits shouldn't be a problem anyway. It just means now you're gona have to actually sneak up behind someone and do it rather than running face first and quickswitching.

Disagree.

Knife stab should be 1 hit kill. It is OP'd, but remember, the traitor can only buy it once, and plus when you stab someone, there is always DNA on it so detective can get it (if he is smart and doesn't get killed) the DNA from it, and can find where the traitor is :>.

SoulKeeper
9 Oct 2010, 09:57pm

Whats the point in using a knife then? I can buy a disguiser and simply 1hit you with a shotgun at the range it'd take for a knife.

You're obviously gonna get called out before you get 2 hits off, let alone how much DNA the knife leaves. When was the last time you snuck up on someone, without them noticing you're around? Everyone looks around themselves, people get called out NOW with a 1 hit knife. Our maps aren't made for sneaking, if you want something like this create a pitch dark map where all you can see is the area within your flashlight and remove all the other maps.

Nasu
10 Oct 2010, 03:17am
There's no point in arguing about this, it's ttt change which won't be changed by the maker of TTT.

It could be changed by Spartan(With a big amount of coding?!), but it would ruin the balance of future updates as said by the maker.

cakeshark
10 Oct 2010, 06:13am
I've even been stabbed in public surrounded by 10 people and still, nobody bothers to see who it was.
but that's my specialty!!!!
seriously, there is no more rewarding action in the game. everyone is standing around and at the right moment a knife comes your way.. and no one knows who it is! its like adding insult to injury.
on the up and up, ive seen people try to copy this feat. and ive busted them for it. just keep your eyes peeled in a big group, not hard to see the person who threw the knife - they are usually the one running to the back of everyone too.

Spartan
10 Oct 2010, 06:55am
If you can't think of anything else other than "herp derp I'm gona buy a knife for a lolzy instakill in the face" then you should perhaps think of what your role in a traitor team is. You're guaranteed a SINGLE kill but at the expense of being 'untraitor' like. You leave dna, you possibly leave an unid'd body, and the guy on the receiving end can't do sweet fanny shit to stop it even if he's the most cautios player on the server. Now, you can try to atleast use the knife in a stealthy manner so that your first hit is unnoticable, rather than run into a crowd, quick switch *stab*, run off, herp derp again.

I dunno what your complaint about maps not made for sneaking? LMAO. There are areas on all maps that nobody will be at, and where you can knife someone not noticing. There's always indoor areas to hide stuff and tbh, the whole knife nerf was implemented for a good cause if you ask me. (Now it makes it a challenge to use it)

Also btw, yes you can buy the knife once, but then x4 and you've got a quarter or a fifth of the team dead through easy bs kills. Not to mention you start with 2 credits now.

Hellspawn
10 Oct 2010, 07:05am
If you can't think of anything else other than "herp derp I'm gona buy a knife for a lolzy instakill in the face" then you should perhaps think of what your role in a traitor team is. You're guaranteed a SINGLE kill but at the expense of being 'untraitor' like. You leave dna, you possibly leave an unid'd body, and the guy on the receiving end can't do sweet fanny shit to stop it even if he's the most cautios player on the server. Now, you can try to atleast use the knife in a stealthy manner so that your first hit is unnoticable, rather than run into a crowd, quick switch *stab*, run off, herp derp again.

I dunno what your complaint about maps not made for sneaking? LMAO. There are areas on all maps that nobody will be at, and where you can knife someone not noticing. There's always indoor areas to hide stuff and tbh, the whole knife nerf was implemented for a good cause if you ask me. (Now it makes it a challenge to use it)

Also btw, yes you can buy the knife once, but then x4 and you've got a quarter or a fifth of the team dead through easy bs kills. Not to mention you start with 2 credits now.

your one to talk, I can recall a few times you herp derp me with a knife -.-

Dracula
10 Oct 2010, 07:07am

So what if hes used a knife? It has nothing to do with the discussion at hand you are just grasping at straws. (For a failed argument at that)

Spartan
10 Oct 2010, 07:10am

That's because it was mainly the only thing to do with the knife. I also sometimes used it for the revenge kill on getting knifed earlier. But the knife in general was herp derp easy kill.

kabLe
10 Oct 2010, 08:24am
Silenced pistol can be just as good as a knife if your smart about using it.

Ronen
10 Oct 2010, 11:50am
mispost...was trying to start new topic..please delete