PDA

View Full Version : Blatant abuse/cheating

Mose
7 Oct 2010, 10:45pm
I am new to your community. I have played with quite a few fun people so far on your TTT server.

However, today I played a match with "Sam with a show". I was the traitor and so was Sam. Sam got killed early. I had not shot a bullet in the match. The detective of the round was a player by the name of Gayngiz. He used voice chat to say "I have just received intel" and then shot me in the head to end the round for his friend who was eliminated early. Gayngiz also admitted over voice chat that Sam had given him the information. Even without that admission, it is the ONLY way Gayngiz could have known it was me as there were only two traitors that round, and Sam had already blown his own cover.

I can get over this, move on, and continue to play, but its blatant abuses like this that can really ruin the gaming experience on any server. I got the impression that Sam was a regular on the server, so I guess that's the main reason I am posting this. I realize any one ass can join a server and ruin a game for a slew of folks, but if a regular does it... just to benefit himself (he had been killed very early in the match - no one wants to sit through an entire round)... it can wreak havoc on the community there.

Just a heads up - thanks for your time.

Ronen
7 Oct 2010, 10:58pm
I am sorry to hear this...I am currently trying to get an admin on the server to take care of these people. =(

-Ronen

Mose
7 Oct 2010, 11:05pm
I guess it was a mistake on my part to assume that he was a regular. Thanks for getting the attention of the admins, Ronen and Mikey

Harry
7 Oct 2010, 11:07pm
Gmod sucks because its anti-cheat is non-existant. Someone could cheat all they want and would never be VAC banned for it.

Please record a demo and post his name and ID at http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/misc.php?do=form&fid=4 - if he is really cheating, he will be perm banned from SG.

Glad you enjoy playing and I hope to see you around.

mikeypoo
8 Oct 2010, 02:14am
Let's thank Xoul for taking the time to deal with these TOOLS. Xoul4president

Drox
8 Oct 2010, 06:21am
Next time demo, because even ghosting other traitors out is against the rules.

SoulKeeper
8 Oct 2010, 09:35am
Gmod sucks because its anti-cheat is non-existant. Someone could cheat all they want and would never be VAC banned for it.

There's script script enforcer for a reason. If you bypass script enforcer you're then risking getting VAC banned. Not to mention, OP basically said he was ghosting.

Also, it's "anti-cheat" is non-existent because VAC doesn't do scripts.

Harry
8 Oct 2010, 09:47am
There's script script enforcer for a reason. If you bypass script enforcer you're then risking getting VAC banned
There is NO global anti-cheat. At all. If you bypass script enforcer, you have a 0% chance to get VAC banned. Gmod doesn't even have any VAC modules loaded. If you somehow manage to get VAC banned in Gmod, you can still join all the "VAC protected" servers.

At least this is what I've been told by facepunch users, they could be wrong :/