PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck and Donald Duck

Chêvouÿx
3 Oct 2010, 12:20pm
HfuwNU0jsk0

Thoughts? Comments? Share them.

Edit:

http://www.rebelliouspixels.com/2010/right-wing-radio-duck-donald-discovers-glenn-beck

Drox
3 Oct 2010, 12:25pm
lol pretty funny

Kuro
6 Oct 2010, 11:56pm
it just shows that americans are a retarded culture that never learns from their mistakes/history/you name it.

Italian Jew
7 Oct 2010, 12:08am
it just shows that americans are a retarded culture that never learns from their mistakes/history/you name it.

Americans are a culture? I thought we were a select group of people living in America, but being a culture is cool too.

Yeah, we never learned from ending slavery, equal rights, barely keeping this country together, YOU NAME IT. I guess we're still that group of hick farmers angry at the British because they taxed us and not the top world power that is the envy of most of the world.

Kuro
7 Oct 2010, 10:30pm
Americans are a culture? I thought we were a select group of people living in America, but being a culture is cool too.

Yeah, we never learned from ending slavery, equal rights, barely keeping this country together, YOU NAME IT. I guess we're still that group of hick farmers angry at the British because they taxed us and not the top world power that is the envy of most of the world.

well i wasn't going that far. but maybe we should listing the decades we're talking about. although some of what im talking about might apply to before the United States.

was i wrong to use culture? O.o

you mentioned equal rights... but people are still butt hurt or arguing over these things. I wasn't going as far back as our founding for most but more like the recent decades.. maybe ww2 on.

LolzKnighT
8 Oct 2010, 02:19am
haha funny video
and guys go pm each other if you want to discuss about america :D

Zaraki
8 Oct 2010, 02:19pm
Funny vid, nice edit but seriously...

WHO HAS NO LIFE AND MADE THIS? :]
Nazi's? they're a dead party... so how can they still be nazi?

Prez
8 Oct 2010, 03:01pm
IJ's purple text is starting to get annoying in my opinion :biggrin:

Kuro
8 Oct 2010, 03:53pm
haha funny video
and guys go pm each other if you want to discuss about america :D

why dont you go troll somewhere else :usa2:

Bad Dog
8 Oct 2010, 05:53pm
well i wasn't going that far. but maybe we should listing the decades we're talking about. although some of what im talking about might apply to before the United States.

was i wrong to use culture? O.o

you mentioned equal rights... but people are still butt hurt or arguing over these things. I wasn't going as far back as our founding for most but more like the recent decades.. maybe ww2 on.

Unfortunately, when you make such a bold claim with no actual examples, evidence or facts, and then say say "their mistakes/history, you name it", you really arent allowed to then back peddle out of it by saying "Oh well, not THAT history."

TheVirus
8 Oct 2010, 07:04pm

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but in case you are:

We are a culture, we're considered the 'west'. We're the ones everyone else makes fun of for being fat, ignorant, and racist.

We have not learned from slavery, it's why we outsource everything to China and India. Why pay an American minimum wage when you can pay a sweat shop less than a dollar a month?

We have no equal rights, it's why gays cannot marry. I think the following image sums it up quite well:

http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/f917001e-53bd-4c32-b9d7-0312bc939a78.jpg

We are barely together as a country. There is a lot of dissent among the right-wing and wanting to oust Obama and possibly leaving the country if he stays. They are tearing the country apart with their racism and bigotry.

Sadly, we are still a country of hick farmers for another 20 years or so. Progress can actually start once the baby-boomers die off. As harsh as that may seem, it's true. Politicians pander to the lowest common denominator, which is old people. The majority of seniors are republicans and hardly do any research other than what they hear on Fox news and Rush's radio show. The next generation isn't going take their lies anymore. The internet is the last bastion of hope for progress and change in this country. It's the only thing keeping politicians in check since the main-stream media isn't doing its job anymore. No more objective news, no more calling out politicians on their lies, all partisan bullshit, all biased, all celebrity news. It's all garbage.

If things do not change and people do not get their heads out of their asses then this country is just going to keep going down the shitter. The republicans had the country for 8 years. When the democrats had it for less than 1, they were calling for impeachment and wanting to regain control. They never learn and, at this rate, they never will.

If you were being sarcastic then ignore all of the previous. I'm just sick of closed-minded people not giving a fuck anymore.

Italian Jew
8 Oct 2010, 07:37pm
I was pointing out how he said AMERICANS (people) were a culture, as opposed to saying an AMERICAN culture, so....yeah.

You had a pretty good wall of text going for a bit there, though.

TheVirus
8 Oct 2010, 09:23pm
I was pointing out how he said AMERICANS (people) were a culture, as opposed to saying an AMERICAN culture, so....yeah.

You had a pretty good wall of text going for a bit there, though.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Kuro
8 Oct 2010, 09:46pm
Unfortunately, when you make such a bold claim with no actual examples, evidence or facts, and then say say "their mistakes/history, you name it", you really arent allowed to then back peddle out of it by saying "Oh well, not THAT history."

im flamed for when i give examples and im flamed when i don't. maybe you guys should include what can be provided as evidence in the political guidelines. further more it was a broad general statement reflecting on the period of the cartoon till now. it'd not back peddling.

PotshotPolka
8 Oct 2010, 10:15pm
im flamed for when i give examples and im flamed when i don't. maybe you guys should include what can be provided as evidence in the political guidelines. further more it was a broad general statement reflecting on the period of the cartoon till now. it'd not back peddling.

Warranting your statement and providing a qualitative/quantitative analysis of an issue is entirely different, and I wouldn't demand that until someone pulls a seemingly BULLSHIT statistic or statement out of their rectum. Just be prepared to elaborate more on your statements.

Italian Jew
8 Oct 2010, 11:17pm

Calling Americans (specifically their culture) retarded is kind of a broad, yet insulting statement. If you had some good details to provide to enlighten us on your statement, then that would be fine (even with the insult). However, since you backed it up with even more broad statements, you come off as someone who doesn't know what they are talking about and just insulted an entire culture without any merit behind it.

Kuro
9 Oct 2010, 01:18am
Calling Americans (specifically their culture) retarded is kind of a broad, yet insulting statement. If you had some good details to provide to enlighten us on your statement, then that would be fine (even with the insult). However, since you backed it up with even more broad statements, you come off as someone who doesn't know what they are talking about and just insulted an entire culture without any merit behind it.

so i can't lay my opinion down about a group of people/culture i belong to?

Thoughts? Comments? Share them.

you guys are so frustrating. why do we even have a politics section?

Italian Jew
9 Oct 2010, 01:38am

Without being able to back it up, no, not in the Politics section. Off Topic, sure, but not here.

To discuss politics and anything that can be civilly debatable. Read the sticky in the section to know what's what.

PotshotPolka
9 Oct 2010, 10:18am

First of all, "American" is a nationality, made up of many (venn diagrams here) races and subcultures, ethnicities, and further subcultures, and regional/religious/ideological subcultures. How this video is anything but using old cartoon reels dubbed over the smack Beck in the face is beyond me. You somehow thought it demonstrated Americans all think the same (culture) and that they are retarded. So yeah, don't be surprised when it raises red flags.

Psyche
9 Oct 2010, 07:16pm
I don't post in the politics section for the exact reason Kuro just exemplified. I would look like an idiot.

trakaill
10 Oct 2010, 03:25pm
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but in case you are:

We are a culture, we're considered the 'west'. We're the ones everyone else makes fun of for being fat, ignorant, and racist.

We have not learned from slavery, it's why we outsource everything to China and India. Why pay an American minimum wage when you can pay a sweat shop less than a dollar a month?

We have no equal rights, it's why gays cannot marry. I think the following image sums it up quite well:

http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/f917001e-53bd-4c32-b9d7-0312bc939a78.jpg

We are barely together as a country. There is a lot of dissent among the right-wing and wanting to oust Obama and possibly leaving the country if he stays. They are tearing the country apart with their racism and bigotry.

Sadly, we are still a country of hick farmers for another 20 years or so. Progress can actually start once the baby-boomers die off. As harsh as that may seem, it's true. Politicians pander to the lowest common denominator, which is old people. The majority of seniors are republicans and hardly do any research other than what they hear on Fox news and Rush's radio show. The next generation isn't going take their lies anymore. The internet is the last bastion of hope for progress and change in this country. It's the only thing keeping politicians in check since the main-stream media isn't doing its job anymore. No more objective news, no more calling out politicians on their lies, all partisan bullshit, all biased, all celebrity news. It's all garbage.

If things do not change and people do not get their heads out of their asses then this country is just going to keep going down the shitter. The republicans had the country for 8 years. When the democrats had it for less than 1, they were calling for impeachment and wanting to regain control. They never learn and, at this rate, they never will.

If you were being sarcastic then ignore all of the previous. I'm just sick of closed-minded people not giving a fuck anymore.

I agree to a very small extent.. but a little extreme liberal much..but you have to remember that this country is HUGE compared to other nation so you have more variety in ideology and believes.

People still come to this country because it is the one with the opportunities and most comfortable to live in with the most freedom/liberties..

Racism is still found everywhere..a lot of countries are currently hurting and "going to the shitter"

Yeah asia is developing and china, india and japan are sort of taking over in the opportunity department but Ill take the US over Europe and a lot of other places any day..

Shadowex3
10 Oct 2010, 04:09pm
I agree to a very small extent.. but a little extreme liberal much..but you have to remember that this country is HUGE compared to other nation so you have more variety in ideology and believes.

This. In many areas the idea that evolution is controversial at all is met with stares like you're some kind of unfrozen caveman, and in others to even hint that anything but young earth creationism might hold water gets dozens of people stalking you and praying for your soul (quite loudly sometimes).

Down in the south even suggesting anything more comprehensive than "Sex bad, don't do it!" in a dark gender-segregated room with twelve parental notifications and consent forms brings up screams of fire and brimstone. In other places you have people walking around naked with nobody giving three shits to the wind.

The only problem is the perfect storm of herd behavior among the lowest denominator and media attention.

Kuro
10 Oct 2010, 06:43pm
Without being able to back it up, no, not in the Politics section. Off Topic, sure, but not here.

To discuss politics and anything that can be civilly debatable. Read the sticky in the section to know what's what.

what are political views but opinions in which we were asked to share in reaction to the video. he didnt post the video and say " now either back up the viewpoint in the video or argue it's flaws" or some shit.

i still take it for what it seemed to come across to me and that is that people are still doing the same stupid shit. i.e. repeating history.

just because something is illegal doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Italian Jew
10 Oct 2010, 07:02pm
what are political views but opinions in which we were asked to share in reaction to the video. he didnt post the video and say " now either back up the viewpoint in the video or argue it's flaws" or some shit.

As per the rules of the Politics section (which you obviously didn't read after I referred you to them):

As such, please do not post if you cannot back up your statements and/or defend your point of view.

It is assumed you should follow these rules if your viewpoints are brought into question.

Kuro
10 Oct 2010, 07:20pm
As per the rules of the Politics section (which you obviously didn't read after I referred you to them):

It is assumed you should follow these rules if your viewpoints are brought into question.

my head hurts.....

but to sum everything up. I watched the video and saw history repeating itself in America which i believe shows idiocy(in a nutshell)

you pointed out the good thing's America has accomplished.

Somewhere along the way someone took my attack on America personal.

Sorry if rules were broken. Good day Sirs.

trakaill
11 Oct 2010, 06:35pm
my head hurts.....

but to sum everything up. I watched the video and saw history repeating itself in America which i believe shows idiocy(in a nutshell)

Could you elaborate on this??? Im interested to know what history you speak of?!