PDA

View Full Version : ? about gmod

StrideR
1 Oct 2010, 04:07pm
with gmod can u only spawn props from games u have even if u have wire mod? i was told this by a friend. is he right?

Nishok
1 Oct 2010, 04:18pm
It depends from server to server. Some servers have other props enabled, which some servers don't.

StrideR
1 Oct 2010, 04:23pm
ok now wat if i just create a server then i can only spawn props from the games i have?

SoulKeeper
1 Oct 2010, 04:34pm
ok now wat if i just create a server then i can only spawn props from the games i have?

yes

Nishok
1 Oct 2010, 05:01pm

Yes, as Cyber P. said, but if you download props from www.garrysmod.org you can then spawn those you've added too.

StrideR
1 Oct 2010, 06:22pm
iight thanks guys

Spartan
1 Oct 2010, 07:49pm
"even if you have wiremod"

You make it sound like wiremod makes you spawn anything you want, when in honesty it just creates unnecessary enormous loading times. Sure it's nice to have all those extra tools and props, but you'll not be able to use them in a server that doesn't have building enabled or wiremod installed in addons.

In most cases, downloads will make you place them in your addons folder. And, in most cases this will work. Wiremod requires a svn, then you to move 3 folders out of it. Sometimes you'll need to place the install the base folders into your own base folders, but I regress.

Anything you install clientside will appear for you on your own server.

Kiwi
15 Jan 2011, 04:45pm
u can download different props from Garry's Mod.org

Thanks for bumping, leaving no new information, and restating the obvious.