PDA

View Full Version : Nasu's Peripheral Issues (Keyboard/Mouse/Monitors etc)

Nasu
1 Oct 2010, 01:35pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Peripheral Issues (Keyboard/Mouse/Monitors etc) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows Vista If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
Downloaded latest from logitech site Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
No Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
avast! Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Me What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
Logitech mx518 Please state your problem here
My mouse keeps turning on and off randomly. It's wired Logitech mx518. I'm pretty sure it's just the mouse being pretty old (year and a half).

The weird thing was when I had it plugged through my keyboard (logitech g15, it has it's own usb ports), the keyboard was also turned randomly off and on with the mouse. Now the mouse is plugged straight in the computer and the problem still exists. Any halp or should I just buy a new mouse?

andre1028
1 Oct 2010, 02:51pm
Where do you plug your mouse in on your computer tower? On some motherboards the USB ports located at the top and/or front of the Tower can be a bit flaky compared to the back. It could also be the USB itself on the mouse that's messing up, possibly. If that's the case you probably should just buy a new mouse.

Nasu
1 Oct 2010, 04:34pm
It's plugged in the back

Tweezy
1 Oct 2010, 04:57pm
Sounds like a problem with the USB in your mouse, have you got a spare one lying around? If so, plug it in and test it out. Could be a driver issue.

Another thing you could test out is this;

Uninstall your Driver Controller by going to your Device manager, unplug all your USB and restart your computer.

When your back on your desktop view, plug all your USB's in and let windows update everything, if you get any errors let us know!

Shadowex3
1 Oct 2010, 09:29pm
What motherboard and OS do you have. There's two possibles: that the 518's really high data rates are causing issue with your USB ports, or that there's just some kind of driver conflict going on causing the USB drivers to crash periodically for a bit.

Nasu
2 Oct 2010, 07:23am
Motherboard: Gigabyte EX58-UD3R

I'll try tweezys tricks

Shadowex3
3 Oct 2010, 08:41pm
try installing gigabyte's drivers for your mobo. You can find the drivers here;

http://www.giga-byte.co.uk/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3265&dl=1#driver

(Thought it would be better to edit your post then post another one - Tweezy)

Nasu
8 Oct 2010, 09:06am
I just used another mx518, (which has a broken button) and it works.

The mouses laser went down completely few days ago so I just purchased a new logitech g700.

If someone has info about the g700, post if you can :)