PDA

View Full Version : Recent stepping downs of noobs...

barackobama
28 Sep 2010, 02:34pm
Hehe, just wanted to do a quick note...

As I'm being asked the question a lot, or people seem to think this is a big conspiracy..

It's not, it's simply life..

Haggard stepped down due to he has no time to do anything.. and he really doesn't want to do this any more, he's done it for the last 4 years.

Red, as you all know, Red wasn't the most active person, and it was him and him only who decided to step down.

Paul stepped down as he has UNI now, and he didn't have the motivation he once had, which is understandable.. it happens.

TCP - WoW (enough said!?)

I've been a higher up with all the above for 2+ years, and it of course upsets me that they are stepping down, this being said, it really is a new start for SG, we're going to dust SG up a bit, a new move to a host this October, with VB4, and some small changes in the community.

We're also going to be introducing a referral program, where you can win cool prizes, and other cool benefits and badges, ect.

Don't see this as bad with all the step downs, with changes, comes new blood.. this is the beginning of the new SG, cleaner, fast, smarter, more modern.. Believe me, you'll be truly amazed in the next month...

We're still and will be for a long time, one of the biggest communities for gaming on the internet... :thumb:

Also, FastDownloads is having some issues, we're changing over to a new host, a very good one in fact, but it's costing me an extra $100 a month for this host... so boy ya!

Tcp-Kill
28 Sep 2010, 02:36pm
new stuff sounds cool beans!

Mad Dogg
28 Sep 2010, 02:39pm
Heads up for the future guys :thumb:

darth jacen
28 Sep 2010, 02:43pm
I feel like you should have just put links to their posts as their reasons are listed there. Besides that, always nice to know you're treating us to some new toys.

Drox
28 Sep 2010, 02:44pm
Interesting

Nishok
28 Sep 2010, 02:44pm
Heads up for the future guys :thumb:

Hell yeah!

Riperzz
28 Sep 2010, 02:50pm
VB4 and new host finally.

Kiwi
28 Sep 2010, 02:57pm
I bet every higher up was waiting for you to take the lead so they could go away.

BUT IF YOU SAY SO GARF

ty for supporting the mother fucking community.

At least we're way above the donation goal.

Edit:

Don't see this as bad with all the step downs, with changes, comes new blood.. this is the beginning of the new SG, cleaner, fast, smarter, more modern..

What are you trying to say Garf? <3 <3 <3

Harbor
28 Sep 2010, 03:00pm
I DONT LIKE CHANGE

ScubaToaster
28 Sep 2010, 03:02pm
Cool, and I wish all those who stepped down due to life to succeed. All this new stuff to play with :D

Chaos
28 Sep 2010, 03:02pm
All of these people stepping down will be unknowns to the noobs. Most of us from 09-10 know what that's like. It's our turn now to step up to the plate and keep SG in tip-top shape.

This is the second generation and it looks like it's going to be a fun one.

Remember, people, it's the internet, shit happens. :D

b0red
28 Sep 2010, 03:03pm
SteamGamers Illuminati

Paralyzed
28 Sep 2010, 03:06pm
Looking forward to the changes.

Ace™
28 Sep 2010, 03:13pm
fuuuutuuree!!!

Metal
28 Sep 2010, 03:17pm
Does this mean i get EC?

=p

JK?

I'm glad we get a new start.
WIll be fun

Neji
28 Sep 2010, 03:19pm
I just pray to God that we will not becoem one of the communities like TNS or eGO where when you say faggot or you troll you get a bitch slap and perm ban.

Lucid
28 Sep 2010, 03:20pm
This kind of reminds me of this quote:

“Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts" (Arnold Bennett).

According to Garf, we should be going for the better.

Hang in there! :thumb: :thumb:

Banana Joe
28 Sep 2010, 03:20pm
I'm really looking forward to the new host, and all the stuff there's gonna be. Though I'm also sad to see all them BD's and stuff leavin' :(

Paralyzed
28 Sep 2010, 03:26pm
They're not leaving, they're stepping down.

Shadowex3
28 Sep 2010, 04:04pm
All the awesomesauce windudes are still here though... they're just enjoying retirement >P

Veggie
28 Sep 2010, 04:10pm
All hail Garfield! I have faith in you.

NIKO
28 Sep 2010, 04:37pm
Its called growing up. If you kiddies dont know, getting older means getting a job, having a place, paying bills, this one is hard for most to believe, but getting a GF or BF and spending time with them....simply we are getting old

Edo
28 Sep 2010, 05:40pm
Its called growing up. If you kiddies dont know, getting older means getting a job, having a place, paying bills, this one is hard for most to believe, but getting a GF or BF and spending time with them....simply we are getting old

that's the part that i don't understand im older that most of u guys here i have job kids bills and still have time to join the server maybe not time to mange this place like im not but im here and ill be around for more so please stop with that life and job shit and get ur as on the servers

jeN
28 Sep 2010, 05:43pm
that's the part that i don't understand im older that most of u guys here i have job kids bills and still have time to join the server maybe not time to mange this place like im not but im here and ill be around for more so please stop with that life and job shit and get ur as on the servers

Yah but managing the servers takes away from our playing time.

Chêvouÿx
28 Sep 2010, 05:44pm
I DONT LIKE CHANGE

You and every other American.

I embrace it, though. And, depending on Garfield's efficiency, everything'll turn out well regardless.

(Insert campaign slogan below:)

I have faith and you should too, for Garfield hasn't ever let us down yet! :biggrin:

Kuro
28 Sep 2010, 05:52pm
ya for the oldfags and the closenits who cling together i get that. i wasn't here long but i've also seen that change of players which has left things less fun. It's a sad thing and even if i don't play i'll be sure to stick around forums.

Troy
28 Sep 2010, 05:59pm
nvm

TheVirus
28 Sep 2010, 08:59pm
lol we need to have a steamgamers hall of fame

Kind of like a group for Legends?

Troy
29 Sep 2010, 01:57am
Kind of like a group for Legends?

Oh yea...

Itch
29 Sep 2010, 06:49am

Life can/does get in the way of game time. Not as much as some would like to believe & sometimes more than others would like to believe. (2 steady jobs & random contract work + 2 kids + coaching kids soccer team, etc ,etc. doesn't leave much time to be in-game. I worked from 4am to midnight yesterday not much room for gaming there)

But to take what little game time they have and manage a bunch of servers and a large ass community is a major drain. They stepped down, they didn't say "you'll never see us again" They haven't died! They will still be in-game from time to time.

Thinking of it as a retirement from the "Work" side of the community to the "Play & Enjoy" side of the things makes sense to me. So to those that just stepped down I say

"Grab a drink. Come school us in the servers. And enjoy your retirement, You've earned it!"

Shine
29 Sep 2010, 07:08am
why do i have a feeling that Korean Ninja is going to be VP of steamgamers :huh:

Jazz
29 Sep 2010, 07:58am
LG's, get your asses on the servers if you aren't busy.

Thanks for the new host & forums that will be coming up Garf. You're doing good.

Matt
29 Sep 2010, 05:40pm
so good so far ..... :D