PDA

View Full Version : AFK Kicker

Paralyzed
28 Sep 2010, 05:19am
It has often happened that people suddenly go AFK for a long time in the TTT server. First of, it's really annoying as when they turn traitor you have to wait for a long time till the innocents has found out who the traitor actually is (an afk). And secondly, if you kill the AFKs you'll get killed too most of the time because you killed someone that was innocent but he was AFK and you'll never know if it's a traitor or not untill you kill them.

And third, they go AFK in the server for a long time which makes it unable for some people to connect to the servers because it's full (Not that it matters for me anymore hehe). The AFK's keeps a slot and aren't making any space for new people to join. Therefore I think a AFK kick system is more than needed on TTT. Generally because it's a waste of time when they turn traitor. :thumb:

Harry
28 Sep 2010, 05:21am
I think there should be an actually "working" spectator setting. I don't think the game actually supports it. You don't even need to hit accept on the MOTD to spawn. So when the map changes you're instantly spawned => if you're AFK for some reason, you will sit there forever until you lose connection... :/

Drox
28 Sep 2010, 05:26am
you could always call a admin in, or if a admin is present then let them know someone is AFK.

Faileron
28 Sep 2010, 05:34am
The other problem (on some maps anyway) is people messing with afks e,g discombs or crowbars second attack. This movement means they reset the afk timer so even the auto spectator isnt always affective.

Metal
28 Sep 2010, 05:35am
The other problem (on some maps anyway) is people messing with afks e,g discombs or crowbars second attack. This movement means they reset the afk timer so even the auto spectator isnt always affective.

1. A admin will kick AFK's.
2. If the person is not T, they and the afk will be kicked.
3. Im stupid.

Spartan
28 Sep 2010, 09:30am
There IS a spectator function. You press f1, and turn on spectate only mode. This is how it's done manually.

If you spawn and stand still, after 2mins and 30 secs, they get automatically moved to spec. HOWEVER, if you push an afk with a crowbar, shoot them, or if they move in any way, the timer gets reset.