PDA

View Full Version : Stepping down as President/Owner

Haggard
28 Sep 2010, 01:44am
This is a sad day for me but is long overdue. It is time for me to step down as well. I have devoted over 4 years of my life to forming and growing the community and really just want to enjoy the friendships I have formed here without exerting myself or worrying about the next big decision or drama. I am leaving the community in good hands with Garfield who is doing his best to promote and expand this community. Let me state this now, this is not good bye as I love this community and still consider SG my baby. I am just tired of changing its diapers. I mean fuck your four years old now use your big boy potties.

To be honest, I could have done this a few weeks ago but its hard to let go of something you have ran and loved for so long. I remember in the early days I thought this would be a fun hobby for a few months and maybe if I tried hard I could get a few followers and (1) popular server. Little did I know that over that time I would meet so many amazing people and that the community would flourish. I consider all of you my friends and want to keep those friendships. I have enjoyed the games and conversations I have had with all of you on vent. It really is amazing to be able to talk to people half way around the world and still be able to find something in common. Shit, I never knew I would have so much fun making fun of Brits (fucking islanders). This has been a great experience for me and one I will always cherish.

A lot of you don’t know this but I have gone through some hard times in the last 4 years of my life and this community was always my escape from reality and my way of blowing off steam. This was the perfect hobby and distraction for me. Some people have given so much to this community and supported me for so long I don’t know if there are words to show my gratitude. I guess all I can say is thank you from the bottom of my heart. If I ever needed anything I knew my friends online would be there for me even if it was just some advise or laughter. Some of you I would consider my true friends even though I have never met you in person which is odd because most people I know IRL I would not trust as much as some of my online friends, you guys know who you are.

I know this may come as a shock to some of you but it honestly is in the best interest of the community as I no longer have time to run this place. It is time for the second generation of SG to step up and keep this place going. Red and I will be sipping margaritas on the beach while collecting our SG social security checks but be assured we will be checking in on you guys from time to time.

Take care of SG for me and I will see you all on vent in the near future. Thank you to everyone who has supported SG.

Irish
28 Sep 2010, 01:44am
nooooooooooooooooooooooooo friend! :cry:

Thank you for every thing you have done you have truly been a great friend/person/president/owner!!!

<3 Friend

Jager
28 Sep 2010, 01:51am
hagg its been a long time bro. I appreciate all you have offered and extended to me as well as the fun times we have had in the past few years. you are leaving some big shoes to fill for many to step up and fill. Enjoy your "retirement". I will be sucking you into the Dev team soon enough.

You really didn't think once you got out that we would let you go did you?

Harry
28 Sep 2010, 01:55am
Bye, you will be missed :(, I am glad you'll be stopping in every once in a while.

Everyone stepping down out here.

Daze
28 Sep 2010, 02:36am
Thank you for all your hard work Hag. Best of luck :thumb:

Riperzz
28 Sep 2010, 02:50am
Thank you and good luck.

Ronen
28 Sep 2010, 03:15am
I have only had the pleasure of meeting you once haggard, but I have heard so many great things about you. I thank you for setting up an amazing community that people will be able to hopefully enjoy for many many years.

-Ronen

barackobama
28 Sep 2010, 03:40am
Thanks for everything big boy x

Drox
28 Sep 2010, 04:19am
damn, good luck and take care Haggard

mapper
28 Sep 2010, 04:30am
Damn Haggard. You explained it well, I could recognise myself somewhere in that text.
Good luck.

struki
28 Sep 2010, 04:33am
Sad to see you go =(.
So much people stepping down =(

Take care and good luck!

Labarr
28 Sep 2010, 04:46am
Take care Haggard!!! Thanks for the assume community!!!!

I am just tired of changing its diapers. I mean fuck your four years old now use your big boy potties.

Lawls!!! we will never be that grown up!!! :thumb:

ScubaToaster
28 Sep 2010, 05:33am
Good-bye, hope you enjoy those margaritas on the beach!!

Lux
28 Sep 2010, 05:43am
Thanks for everything Haggard, if it wasn't for you this great community wouldn't have been and I would've never met so many fat kids from America :thumb:

High
28 Sep 2010, 06:21am
. Shit, I never knew I would have so much fun making fun of Brits (fucking islanders).

Its not like they don't make it easy.

Wow.

I can't say i was not surprised. Thank you for everything you've done, including the diaper changes. Just remember, some people never outgrow em. We'll keep an extra supply of Pampers goodnites for em.

Gator
28 Sep 2010, 06:24am
:( Thanks for all you have done, Haggard.

TheVirus
28 Sep 2010, 06:30am
http://www.inakidsworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/huggies-pullups.jpg

Miss you, man. Good luck and take care of your spawn.

Spartan
28 Sep 2010, 06:32am
You've done a superb job over the years Hagg. Hope to see you again sooner than later. :thumb:

Nishok
28 Sep 2010, 06:33am
Thanks for everything and good luck in your future dude.

darth jacen
28 Sep 2010, 06:39am
Enjoy retirement singing country on the beaches. Say hi to red for me.

Paralyzed
28 Sep 2010, 07:01am
Goodbye Haggard, thanks for giving us such a great community. And thanks for all the work you've done for 3/4 years now. I remember the good old times at ZombieMurder, they were fun! Good luck with any other things your going to do.

James
28 Sep 2010, 07:09am
Shit, I never knew I would have so much fun making fun of Brits (fucking islanders).

:mmph:

Well family comes first of course, it's understandable that you cannot stay in charge forever. It's been a blast old friend, especially during the days of napalm and you being an edge noob with Henda blocking you lol :)

Itch
28 Sep 2010, 07:43am
I saw this coming.. I wish I could say I didn't....

I know I don't understand all your reasons. But want to thank you for providing me and many others a place to escape and the best damn gaming community ever!

Any time you need someone to pwn let me know. Now that the summer job is nearing it's end I should be around more often.

Again I don't think we can possibly thank you enough for the community, the fun times, and the friendships found here.

Lemonstein
28 Sep 2010, 07:44am
Wtf is going on these days?
Goodbye haggard, thanks for all the hard work

Chaoz`
28 Sep 2010, 07:59am
WTF! why is everyone either going or stepping down, is this a new hype or something?

anyways it's been good having you, too bad you have to step down it was fun, especially yesterday in the Reg server.
gl and hope to see you soon :nuts:

Spiffy
28 Sep 2010, 08:04am
I haven't been here for most of your tenure but I feel like I know you pretty well and thankful for everything. See you on the battlefield!

P3rg3
28 Sep 2010, 08:19am
The end of an era.
Farewell.

Jazz
28 Sep 2010, 08:21am
And the last pieces of ZM... are gone :'(

I miss it so much, too much.

Z3r0 M4ni4c
28 Sep 2010, 09:00am
thanks for everything you have done for the community hagg.

thanks for all the fun times.

Good luck in the future :thumb:

trakaill
28 Sep 2010, 10:09am
bye nuggs, much love!! this place was my blowing of steam to.. you did a great job with it until..

jigglebel jr.. I kid

<3

Supa
28 Sep 2010, 10:20am
GL with everything Haggard and you will be missed!

Always enjoyed playing with you.

Thanks for everything man!

Acessed
28 Sep 2010, 10:23am
it's a shame to see you go :( but i guess it was bound to happen sometime, thanks for everything you've put into this community! without it i'd never of met some people that i'm friends with now and i wouldn't have anywhere to hang out on the internet D:

now to just get rid of jager and the british shall run sg!

Ms. Blargh
28 Sep 2010, 10:34am
Nuggs ;-;

You better be around for karaoke nights! :<

Thank you for making ZM/SG

Like you said its been an escape for me as well from the bad things in my life (ex)

and its brought me many good friends and even love (wat)

Now go spend more time with your two beautiful kids :P

Zaraki
28 Sep 2010, 10:44am
Bye haggard, as a proud member of SG i'll miss you.
I think we all expected this to come soon but not atm :'(

A King has 'Died', Long live the New King!
I'll miss you :'(

Harman277
28 Sep 2010, 10:59am
MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry::cry::cry:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: good luck

Astrum
28 Sep 2010, 10:59am
I still owe you a birthday present, bitch. You're not getting off that easy. Give me your address!

Huwajux
28 Sep 2010, 11:35am
To be honest I'm stunned. This community - its structure, its people and everyone who supports it - is definitely something to be proud of.

I've always had a great respect for the way things are run and everyone who helps to keep this place going. We may not always agree with one another but even when conflict rears its ugly head I'm still glad people have that ability to express their views (unlike some communities), and I think a lot of people take that for granted.

I think that I can speak for all the BDs, AOs, CAs, SAs, supporters, regulars, members and everyone inbetween that we will do our best to keep this community up to the standard it has been under your 'reign' and to then supercede that.

Thanks for everything Haggard, I never really got to know you outside of official business or me raging on reg, but I'm still disheartened to see you go. All the best in everything you do in life!

Farmer Mick
28 Sep 2010, 12:02pm
well shit it's been a fun couple of years nuggs

good luck to you and thanks for such an awesome time

jeN
28 Sep 2010, 12:10pm
:cry: I hope you still stick around and play when you have time! Our work hours conflict but I miss playing with you, Red, almost all the old school players.

Good luck Haggard, I hope you have more time to work everything out for the better now that you don't have to worry so much about the drama in SG.

EvilShadow98
28 Sep 2010, 12:14pm
I still have yet to play a game or even talk to you on vent, Haggard, but I can tell already that you're an awesome person and I thank you for making a community that made my CS:S and G-Mod experience so much better. I will continue to support and contribute to this community for as long as I can. Take care, friend. :)

Omar
28 Sep 2010, 12:39pm
I fuckin loved you man... Haggard, you were the awesome shit, and you still are, we will fucking miss you and I hope this community keeps going.

Good luck in the future and allah speed.

Prez
28 Sep 2010, 01:06pm
Hey Haggard,

Glad the move went well. I hope everything is set up now, and that you're doing fine. Hope the kids are doing well also. Although it's sad to see you step down, hopefully it will open up time for yourself for more things, and that you will be able to do well in the future. When I first joined steamgamers, I saw you as the head honcho, who ran the show. You're a really nice guy, and you get/got along with everyone very well. When situations arose, you calmed people down and took care of it. I'm glad that SteamGamers had you as a President/Owner for four years, and you certainly won't be forgotten as the founder and a great President. I'm glad you'll be sticking around and still playing when you have the off-chance, so I'll be able to kill you in surf DM again. Again, good luck in life and all of your future endeavors that you might happen to come across.

See you around.
~Prez

Kaos
28 Sep 2010, 01:53pm
And another one...

I just want to say thanks for everything, and your a huge part of what SG has become today. These years have been great for everyone, even though ive only been here for a few months. Good Luck with whatever you decide to take on, and make sure to stop in and hangout whenever you can!

Jeaneh
28 Sep 2010, 01:54pm
To be honest, I would not enjoy CSS or Gmod near as much if it wasn't for SG. By you starting this community, you have not only provided amusment for me, but for thousands and thousands of people who play on the servers everyday. Thanks Haggard.

Matt
28 Sep 2010, 02:03pm
holy crap all at once Thank u so much for everything u done i didnt no u well but i hope things get better for u in life take care haggard u will be missed

DoubleSb
28 Sep 2010, 02:12pm
Well shit, I will always remember where you would rage at me in GG and Reg, fucking edge noob me in napalm, noob it up in BFBC2, kareoke nights, scrim teamed (even though you somewhat managed XPL at some point), the leave of absense toward the three BDs(and randomly show up in PB), but most importantly, all your typos we laugh at :). But honestly, thank you for every thing you've done. You fucking old bastard.

Phonicz
28 Sep 2010, 02:16pm
Take care Haggard

Noobster
28 Sep 2010, 02:21pm
thanks for everything man good luck

well be looking forward to getting haggowned in reg:)

andre1028
28 Sep 2010, 02:24pm
what the fuck

jamison.webster
28 Sep 2010, 02:31pm
Thanks Haggard for everything you do, and for the great Firefights in the reg server. :thumb:

Harbor
28 Sep 2010, 02:33pm
WHAT IS HAPPENINGGGGGGGG :cry:

Good bye haggs ill miss you, and your drunken rage on de.

Ace™
28 Sep 2010, 02:37pm
This is a sad day for me but is long overdue. It is time for me to step down as well. I have devoted over 4 years of my life to forming and growing the community and really just want to enjoy the friendships I have formed here without exerting myself or worrying about the next big decision or drama. I am leaving the community in good hands with Garfield who is doing his best to promote and expand this community. Let me state this now, this is not good bye as I love this community and still consider SG my baby. I am just tired of changing its diapers. I mean fuck your four years old now use your big boy potties.

To be honest, I could have done this a few weeks ago but its hard to let go of something you have ran and loved for so long. I remember in the early days I thought this would be a fun hobby for a few months and maybe if I tried hard I could get a few followers and (1) popular server. Little did I know that over that time I would meet so many amazing people and that the community would flourish. I consider all of you my friends and want to keep those friendships. I have enjoyed the games and conversations I have had with all of you on vent. It really is amazing to be able to talk to people half way around the world and still be able to find something in common. Shit, I never knew I would have so much fun making fun of Brits (fucking islanders). This has been a great experience for me and one I will always cherish.

A lot of you don’t know this but I have gone through some hard times in the last 4 years of my life and this community was always my escape from reality and my way of blowing off steam. This was the perfect hobby and distraction for me. Some people have given so much to this community and supported me for so long I don’t know if there are words to show my gratitude. I guess all I can say is thank you from the bottom of my heart. If I ever needed anything I knew my friends online would be there for me even if it was just some advise or laughter. Some of you I would consider my true friends even though I have never met you in person which is odd because most people I know IRL I would not trust as much as some of my online friends, you guys know who you are.

I know this may come as a shock to some of you but it honestly is in the best interest of the community as I no longer have time to run this place. It is time for the second generation of SG to step up and keep this place going. Red and I will be sipping margaritas on the beach while collecting our SG social security checks but be assured we will be checking in on you guys from time to time.

Take care of SG for me and I will see you all on vent in the near future. Thank you to everyone who has supported SG.

ur story made me almost :cry:

its sad to see u step down....

Eldest
28 Sep 2010, 02:41pm
Keep it cool nuggs

Kiwi
28 Sep 2010, 03:11pm
what the fuck?

I'll miss you.

Shadowex3
28 Sep 2010, 04:04pm
So just hang and be awesome with us >P

Veggie
28 Sep 2010, 04:05pm
Haggard I will miss you most, all the good times and the hard work you put in to this Monster called SG. You were like the "Walt Disney" of SG. Take care and maybe one day who knows what will happen. I bid you farewell friend.

PingPong
28 Sep 2010, 04:14pm
Fuck man, have a good retirement old guy :D

matt 187
28 Sep 2010, 04:40pm
Feels bad man.

Storm King
28 Sep 2010, 04:44pm
hope to see u in the future boss. will be missed. good luck.

Sai
28 Sep 2010, 04:50pm
God Damn Now Haggard Leaves? What is happening?
Good Luck Haggard!

The Famous Zombie Hunter
28 Sep 2010, 04:54pm
Best of luck IRL haggard :)
Just make sure your not sober when you come back to check on SG, it'll be more fun in vent if you aint ;)

Italian Jew
28 Sep 2010, 04:59pm
http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/7061/dontcry.png

NIKO
28 Sep 2010, 06:22pm
i hope Garfield is really snowman and he renames it zombiemurderer

Caution
28 Sep 2010, 06:25pm
http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/7061/dontcry.png

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I hate to admit that I saw this coming two months ago...I just didn't want to believe it. You're a cool guy Haggard. I remember when I was a reg you would always help me out with any issues I had / would always come into a server and ban somebody who was breaking the rules. You're a down to earth person; you never let being a "higher up" get to your head like some do. I really hope you will take a higher up position again sometime soon. Hopefully the new era will be as bad ass as the old one. Take care buddy.

p.s.

your name will ALWAYS be red (and sometimes blue) in my mind. NEVER yellow.

Prez
28 Sep 2010, 06:39pm
Why don't we give him a userbar for Founder or Ex-President or something?

Hazardous
28 Sep 2010, 06:41pm
what the fuck?

EDIT: wait seriously?

Chainedlord
28 Sep 2010, 07:17pm
Thank you, Haggard..just thank you :sad2:

Lucid
28 Sep 2010, 07:58pm
Once again, because once isn't enough, Thank you Haggard. You rock, you changed my career as a casual gamer around.

Alucard
28 Sep 2010, 09:37pm
Why don't we give him a userbar for Founder or Ex-President or something?

I would name it BEAST.

Gl Haggard.:thumb:................................... .................................................. ..:cry::sad2:

kabLe
29 Sep 2010, 12:45pm
Take care man. GL to you in life and thank you for starting this great community. Even though you are not the President/Owner you will always be the Founder. Thanks for everything!

Ghostie
29 Sep 2010, 12:57pm
Haggard, thank you for all your hard work!

Kennith
29 Sep 2010, 09:30pm
Thread actually made me cry, all previous higher ups from the first year are gone now...

Cookie
29 Sep 2010, 09:34pm
sad to see you go !
thanks for everything and good luck

Hazardous
29 Sep 2010, 09:48pm
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/404456/80456372.jpg