PDA

View Full Version : New idea for Traitor and Detective Weapons

Strike
24 Sep 2010, 08:55am
Well i sat in my bed and i came up with a brilliant idea. i havn't been playing recently so i don't know if we have it or watever. So here it is

Traitor: Fake-A-Body.

This simple enables you to lay false bodies/or turn yourself into one. And you can put fake information. Also i think maybe you could change your name to someone already dead.

You could choose who you are.
You can choose what killed you.
Time will be when you placed the body.
And maybe who you saw last.

Detective:

This is just to find out if a body is fake or real. Maybe a beacon with a time limit to see which bodies are fake.

Or

Aim it at the body (Like a DNA scanner) and it'll tell you if it's fake or not. I dunno if it should have limited uses or unlimited.

Tell me what you think and if you think there is anything which can made better.

Nasu
24 Sep 2010, 09:02am
This might not be the best post, BUT imo TTT should stay vanilla always or else it might become unbalanced and stray away from the original idea.

And anyway this weapon would just boost the traitor and be a waste of detective credit.

ALSO I've played on a server with this and it was just confusing sometimes. It's hard enough now to think things through for some players :3

Strike
24 Sep 2010, 09:23am
They had this on another server?
i havn't played gmod in ages. My desktop is still awaiting.

Dirty Sanchez
24 Sep 2010, 02:21pm
damage station for traitor

PingPong
24 Sep 2010, 02:25pm
Not a bad idea but good luck scipting that weapon.

duhoh
24 Sep 2010, 02:41pm
damage station for traitor

that'd be sweet. make it look and sound just like a health station.

Kaos
24 Sep 2010, 02:48pm
I would say yes, but i feel like its too risky to do that, and get away from the initial idea of TTT. It could be bad and most of our players would leave. Im not so sure bout them.... but good ideas though.

ShrubbyGnome
24 Sep 2010, 03:24pm
Fake bodies is a no no. Then that means more DM TTT is about reading everything and learning who is the T if the T's can put fake info out there more ppl will shoot and kill way more then they already do.

Paralyzed
24 Sep 2010, 03:28pm
A scout that makes someone not able to do something (not moving/talking), he basically falls asleep and lays on the floor, and is gagged so he can't scream someone is taking him with a magneto-stick. I've seen this before on a server, would really be fun to see this on SG!

ShrubbyGnome
24 Sep 2010, 03:34pm
We had a tazer when i was coding for TTT and detectives abused it.

Tweezy
24 Sep 2010, 04:02pm
I do like the idea, but I think it will epicly over power the traitors... I think we have a perfect balance atm, lets not ruin it.

Hellspawn
24 Sep 2010, 04:03pm
i like the damage station and rag-doll scout idea,

not to big on the fake body thing tho, seems unpractical and will just lead to rdm

ShrubbyGnome
24 Sep 2010, 04:08pm
the scout will lead to hitting detectives and killing them while they cant move be a easy game for T's.

Paralyzed
24 Sep 2010, 04:40pm
the scout will lead to hitting detectives and killing them while they cant move be a easy game for T's.

They should be able to move again after a few seconds, like 30 seconds. In the mean while Traitors could either put them in a trap or just make them sleep so they won't follow them. Or get shot in the head lol. You can only buy the scout once, and it's only 1 bullet, that sounds fair.

Suzaku
30 Sep 2010, 02:40pm
They should be able to move again after a few seconds, like 30 seconds. In the mean while Traitors could either put them in a trap or just make them sleep so they won't follow them. Or get shot in the head lol. You can only buy the scout once, and it's only 1 bullet, that sounds fair.

So if you miss, your fucked?

Paralyzed
30 Sep 2010, 02:56pm
So if you miss, your fucked?

Exactly. Unless, they haven't seen it lol

Kaos
30 Sep 2010, 03:46pm
Exactly. Unless, they haven't seen it lol

Oh trust me. They will see it! :mad2:

Harry
30 Sep 2010, 03:56pm
No, TTT is petty much perfect right now, please don't fuck with it :(

ConnorC
1 Oct 2010, 04:54am
I always thought a good idea would just be 'Special bullets' that costed 2-3 credits, so a traitor would have to save for them, and they left no evidence on the body, so their safe from the dna scanner and people asking what weapons they have :P.

Phobos
1 Oct 2010, 10:12am
I always thought a good idea would just be 'Special bullets' that costed 2-3 credits, so a traitor would have to save for them, and they left no evidence on the body, so their safe from the dna scanner and people asking what weapons they have :P.

eh, that's what long range headshots are for. :)

I think a glove to hide dna from a close ranged kill should be an item, but they shouldn't be able to have radar or name hiding if they do have the glove.

WackyIraqi
1 Oct 2010, 11:29pm
How about a fake health station? It looks like the real thing, but once someone uses it, an explosions occurs with a small blast radius.

Phobos
2 Oct 2010, 01:10am
Could use an ammo station kthx.

Vader
2 Oct 2010, 07:42pm
Could use an ammo station kthx.

agreed on ammo station!

Kaos
2 Oct 2010, 11:27pm
How about a fake health station? It looks like the real thing, but once someone uses it, an explosions occurs with a small blast radius.

That sounds devious! :fencing:

Suzaku
3 Oct 2010, 08:29am
How about a flashbang as a traitor weapon? If they're all in a room, throw it and rush in.

Vader
3 Oct 2010, 09:33am
How about a flashbang as a traitor weapon? If they're all in a room, throw it and rush in.

Sounds like fun, but how long is the flash going to be? Or you can get two items a flash and a mask(from a flash) so you don't have to hide and throw it and then rush in.

Suzaku
3 Oct 2010, 10:17am
Sounds like fun, but how long is the flash going to be? Or you can get two items a flash and a mask(from a flash) so you don't have to hide and throw it and then rush in.

Well, i've seen flashbangs on other servers and i think they last about 10 seconds. Not sure about masks...