PDA

View Full Version : Cromyth's Sound Issues

Cromyth
21 Sep 2010, 01:45pm
Tech Support Help Ticket
What general section does your problem fall under
Sound Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
No Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Windows Secruity Essentials Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Dell What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
? Please state your problem here
Whenever I browse the internet and have music playing in Youtube or Pandora I get this weird skipping/cutting in and out until the page is loaded completely. I don't know if my sound card is going or it is my browser. It started earlier this week. My browser is Mozilla Firefox.

Spiffy
21 Sep 2010, 02:12pm
Did firefox update recently? Are you running firefox 4 beta?

Cromyth
21 Sep 2010, 02:16pm
I just updated it and it is still doing it and I am not running firefox beta

Spiffy
21 Sep 2010, 02:56pm
How about flash did it update? I had a lot of problem with flash and it freezing my computer. I had to disable hardware acceleration in flash by right clicking on any flash video like youtube and unchacking the box that says enable hardware acceleration

Cromyth
21 Sep 2010, 08:39pm
I didn't update flash

Cromyth
24 Sep 2010, 07:53pm
Bump, this is starting to become unbearable.

Mr. Moop
26 Sep 2010, 12:55am
Motherboard.. that is all. Had the same problem with my old computer; I tried switching the driver in the damn thing, but that didn't work. So it most likely is your motherboard. Unless you've tried uninstalling your sound driver and reinstalling by using either your disk or the Dell site by typing your model number in to their database (usually on the outside of your case or go to "My computer">right click>"properties">search for model number) you will get the drivers you need for your sound card. That's if you still have that stock card. But, then again, I point to your motherboard for reasons, I have no clue. Could be static..

EDIT: When this happened to me, it was worse. When I even moved my mouse when I listened to music or did anything with sound, it would make a fucking annoying noise, unbearable to almost anyone. Which means yours could progress.

I hope this helps. :)

Cromyth
9 Oct 2010, 07:25pm
Okay, so after I updated my drivers and things everything got messed up. Right now things are messed up. My stereo mix disappeared and same with all of the Realtek drivers. How can I uninstall the current drivers since they fucked me over?

Mr. Moop
9 Oct 2010, 07:31pm
START BUTTON>right click my computer>Properties>Remote Settings>Hardware tab>Device Manager>Sound, Video, and Game Controllers> click your sound card> click Driver tab>Uninstall. Although, it is most likely your motherboard, as I said earlier.

Cromyth
9 Oct 2010, 07:49pm
THe problem went away so that is okay, just the drivers fucked up