PDA

View Full Version : Gator's Other Issues(please be detailed)

Gator
21 Sep 2010, 08:40am
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Other Issues(please be detailed) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows XP If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
Unknown Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
AVG, Malware Bytes, Spybot S&D Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Me What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
Unknown Please state your problem here
When I try to run the download version of Minecraft, I get a error saying " Could not create the java virtual machine"

How do?

Harry
21 Sep 2010, 08:55am
Did you try any results from http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="+Could+not+create+the+java+virtual+machine"+minecraft ?

Download "Minecraft.jar" from this page: http://minecraft.net/

Open "Run", type in %appdata%

Navigate to your .minecraft folder

place Minecraft.jar into your .minecraft folder

Copy the path to your minecraft.jar (It should be along these lines: C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\.minecraft\Minecraft.jar)

Open notepad

Copy and paste this in it: java -Xms650m -jar "...Application Data\.minecraft\Minecraft.jar"

Then Save As: minecraft.bat (Make sure to change the filetype from .txt to .bat and make it save under all Files)

Run minecraft!

Gator
21 Sep 2010, 09:08am
Download "Minecraft.jar" from this page: http://minecraft.net/

Open "Run", type in %appdata%

Navigate to your .minecraft folder

place Minecraft.jar into your .minecraft folder

Copy the path to your minecraft.jar (It should be along these lines: C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\.minecraft\Minecraft.jar)

Open notepad

Copy and paste this in it: java -Xms650m -jar "...Application Data\.minecraft\Minecraft.jar"

Then Save As: minecraft.bat (Make sure to change the filetype from .txt to .bat and make it save under all Files)

Run minecraft!

Didn't work, I had a CMD Promt come up fast then go away, A sign that something happened, but no minecraft.

Spiffy
21 Sep 2010, 09:18am
In the bat file that you made, make sure you change "...Application Data\.minecraft\Minecraft.jar" to the full path of "C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\.minecraft\Minecraft.jar" or wherever that folder is.

Harry
21 Sep 2010, 09:21am
Didn't work, I had a CMD Promt come up fast then go away, A sign that something happened, but no minecraft.
Append "pause" on a new-line into that file. It will say the error. Probably pointing to a wrong path.

Gator
21 Sep 2010, 12:07pm
Mah brothers!

ITS WORKS!\

EDIT: Wait, Wait. It seems like I'm in a Speed- Up mode. Like with bare hands, I can break diamond in like 5 seconds

Spiffy
21 Sep 2010, 12:19pm
Uh, don't know what to tell you about that. Never played the game.

Kaos
21 Sep 2010, 01:35pm
Thats unusual. Obvious but try relog. Then reboot for the file path to refresh and reload. If those dont work, check and see if anyone on their forums had that problem. (MineCraft Networks and Sites are offline or unresponsive for the time being). Hope this helped!