PDA

View Full Version : Tcp-Kill's Other Issues(please be detailed)

Tcp-Kill
20 Sep 2010, 01:09pm
Tech Support Help Ticket
What general section does your problem fall under
Other Issues(please be detailed) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
No Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
ESET NOD32 and malware bytes Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Myself What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
I'm not quite sure what it is yet. Please state your problem here
It all started this morning, i woke up and decided to log onto WoW and while loading i started browsing firefox on the other screen. All of a sudden my WoW stops responding, no biggie i just started to read the forums in the hope that it would un-not-respond. Then all of a sudden firefox stop responding, i was like awdwod gay so i went to open task manager. Nothing happened, ctrl-alt-deleted and still nothing happened. I just restarted and it was fine, however it happens whenever i play WoW. When i'm not playing, vent would randomly freeze/lag/not respond for a little bit then un freeze. I haven't tested it with other games yet, however after doing some trouble shooting someone said take on 1 stick of ram and reset the BIOS. Did that however still wasn't fixed. Any ideas guys? he said he reformatted and it fixed it and i've been wanting to reformat for a while. Any suggestions/help? If not once i get the all clear i'll just reformat and hopefully issues will cease.

barackobama
20 Sep 2010, 01:12pm
stop playing WoW

Tcp-Kill
20 Sep 2010, 01:13pm
go level mage faggot

jeN
20 Sep 2010, 01:15pm
stop playing WoW

This is the best answer you'll get. :thumb:

Spiffy
20 Sep 2010, 01:28pm
stop playing WoW

On a serious note, it sounds like a few of your programs are having issues. A reformat would probably fix it but have you tried reinstalling the programs? How old of a windows install is it? How long since you've run a defrag?

Tcp-Kill
20 Sep 2010, 01:36pm
I've had windows 7 since March (i think, give or take a couple of months). I haven't tried reinstalling and i'll run a defrag tonight, i haven't ever ran one on this PC.

another quick note: FOR ALL YOU WOW HATERS - Minecraft keeps freezes occassionally.

a quick note, when it freezes my CPU usage would spike to about 60 percent.

Labarr
20 Sep 2010, 05:40pm
another quick note: FOR ALL YOU WOW HATERS - Minecraft keeps freezes occassionally.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ovgPspgfcKxE-M:http://memegenerator.net/smugleaf/ImageMacro/1529210/smugleaf-U-mad-I-DONT-GIVE-A-CRAP.jpg&t=1

Chaoz`
20 Sep 2010, 05:59pm
well have you tried running a virus scan with your Anit-virus, maybe you're having problems with some viruses, just boot up in safe mode and run a complete scan, if it come out clean, reformatting is maybe the only possibility

or on another note, maybe it could be your PSU thats failing on you or not getting enough power, or your mobo that maybe died, or your CPU

i would check those and maybe update your GPU driver

PotshotPolka
20 Sep 2010, 06:00pm
Try restoring to a week ago, if that doesn't help break out prime95 and other stress tests, let's see if it's a hardware issue.

Gator
20 Sep 2010, 06:42pm
Ah yes, Its the new update for all windows computers, Its searched your computer for WoW. Once found it lags the christ out of you. This is what we call WoW-Atitus. Your computer can never be restored.

More seriously- Are you overclocking?

Chaoz`
20 Sep 2010, 06:45pm
Ah yes, Its the new update for all windows computers, Its searched your computer for WoW. Once found it lags the christ out of you. This is what we call WoW-Atitus. Your computer can never be restored.

More seriously- Are you overclocking?

ty for your helpfull feedback, if we need anything in the future we'll definatly ask you for your help, as you probably fixed his problem. :thumb:

Tcp-Kill
21 Sep 2010, 12:16am
Thanks for everyones help in advance, i appreciate it.

I'm going to get new drivers for my GPU, and once the defrag has finished i'll system restore to the 14th of september. And no, i haven't done any overclocking.

Bob Loblaw
21 Sep 2010, 12:28am
This probably isn't helpful but.......
3/4 times I turned on my computer, it didn't work. When I tried to run a program it just wouldn't run, or it would immediately stop responding, or it would crash. I could load iTunes, but playing music would crash it. Vent didn't work, youtube videos would crash my browser.
After enough restarts everything worked fine (but it PISSED me off when I had to reboot because it took like 10 minutes to restart it enough times to get it working properly). Eventually it fixed itself, and now it doesn't do it.

But yeah, my only advice is either reformat, system restore, or just try restarting it again (or a few times in my case, and maybe yours too).

Zealot
21 Sep 2010, 07:13am
This has happened to me before and my solution was pretty easy, just took me a while to realize what was fucked up.

Get Malware Bytes --> Delete any malware you might have.
Get ccleaner --> Fix registry --> No more pauses

Tcp-Kill
21 Sep 2010, 09:03am
Do i need to run malwarebytes in safe mode? Every time it says some viruses could not be removed and it's the same 3 every time sitting there.

I've cleaned my registry though, and done the defrag. once i work out how to remove these viruses i'll post results.

Spiffy
21 Sep 2010, 09:21am
You can try running malwarebytes in safe mode but it may not be able to remove them if they are viruses, it's a pretty simple program. What are the ones that can't be removed called? Have you tried running ESET's virus scan? Also, do you just have ESET Anti-Virus or Smart Security. I have never seen a virus that ESET hasn't found.

Tcp-Kill
21 Sep 2010, 09:31am
I get these everytime

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4657

Windows 6.1.7600 (Safe Mode)
Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

21/09/2010 04:27:02 PM
mbam-log-2010-09-21 (16-27-02).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 139004
Time elapsed: 3 minute(s), 14 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 2
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Trojan.Agent) -> Data: c:\program files (x86)\microsoft\desktoplayer.exe -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Hijack.UserInit) -> Bad: (c:\windows\system32\userinit.exe,,c:\program files (x86)\microsoft\desktoplayer.exe) Good: (userinit.exe) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\desktoplayer.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.

It can't remove them, and i've tried running it in same mode. I've also got ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4, ran a scan and found nothing.

Harry
21 Sep 2010, 09:43am
I get these everytime

It can't remove them, and i've tried running it in same mode. I've also got ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4, ran a scan and found nothing.
desktoplayer.exe is pretty nasty. Do you know what might have caused it to install?

The most hardcore way is a complete Windows reformat, is what Google has said. Most people I have seen on Google have had no luck removing it without wiping their system.

Spiffy
21 Sep 2010, 09:47am
Oh man, you got desktoplayer. I haven't actually found an easy and repeatable way to remove this one yet. We've just been reformatting computers are work that get it. I will keep looking though.

Gator
21 Sep 2010, 09:55pm
Man up and do what I did with MalwareDoctor, Go into the directory and blast this fucker to a new virus orbit!

Labarr
22 Sep 2010, 04:59am
Do i need to run malwarebytes in safe mode? Every time it says some viruses could not be removed and it's the same 3 every time sitting there.

I've cleaned my registry though, and done the defrag. once i work out how to remove these viruses i'll post results.
Run it in administrator mode. and it should work

Tcp-Kill
23 Sep 2010, 12:44am
Thanks for everyones help, i ended up reformatting.