PDA

View Full Version : Apply for a position

barackobama
17 Sep 2010, 07:14am
Hi guys (and gals!)

We have a position open here at Steamgamers, you can apply for it here: http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/misc.php?do=form&fid=36

I will explain a bit about the position.

This position was originally held by me, but I was crap so yeah! But this revamped position will be a plus for the community.

This person is responsible for managing all SteamGamers 3rd Party applications, for example, twitter, facebook, and any other applications or site we use. This person will be in charge of future advertising, sponsorships, and general marketing of SteamGamers. The marketing administrator also helps GarfieldH decide on decisions to improve the community, upgrades, and anything that falls under the category, this person works closely with the PO's/BD's to make sure the image and reputation of SteamGamers is upheld to it's highest. This user is also in charge of the EC's.

Manage the EC's, discuss ideas, and server events, etc.
Manage all 3rd party sites/applications.
Manage all advertising.
Recommend upgrades, and general marketing aspects for the community.
Research what the community like/not
Give ideas to the BD's to discuss.
Assist GarfieldH on Community marketing.
Upkeep the image of SG, and help expand.

Short story, this person will practically be my right hand man/girl.

Anyone can who is mem+ can apply for this position. Including the BD's, AO's, etc.

You will need to be able to have time for SteamGamers, if you don't have time, please don't apply. Please be honest in your applications.

As you know, I'm trying to cut down on ranks, but I feel the MA is needed back, due to the amount of large 3rd party app followings we have, and I don't have time to keep everything up to date, and don't want to give the BD's more to do (because they do so much!) This MA rank will be extremely different to the last rank I held.

Huwajux
17 Sep 2010, 07:18am
First.

Good to see the rank come back into use, especially with all this new connectivity stuff we've got going around. Hopefully this should release the pressure on some of your workload. It's a big role to fill though, and I'm not sure many are going to have enough time to devote to it.

Harry
17 Sep 2010, 07:35am
Short story, this person will practically be my right hand man/girl.

I thought that was your fiance's job. :V (insert more lame jokes here)

Jokes aside, cool. I wonder who'd be good at it. I think that if you request something publicly like if you needed some quick PHP done or something, people would probably do it. I don't know if anyone is able to give out a lot of time. If someone is able to, congrats, hope you have fun and expand the community.

Spjerre
17 Sep 2010, 08:11am
Do I get admin if I get this?

struki
17 Sep 2010, 08:47am
I would apply but i dont think i have even slight chances =(

Lucid
17 Sep 2010, 08:51am
I would apply but i dont think i have even slight chances =(

Well, yeah. If you think like that.

Itch
17 Sep 2010, 08:52am
I think that I could own this job.

If I only had the time. RL is unfortunately way too demanding of me right now. It's good to see this position being brought back and I feel the community really needs it. I don't think I should apply due to my time/schedule constraints, however if you need any help that I am able to give let me know.

struki
Well, yeah. If you think like that.

*cough*4 rejected admin applications*cough*

Paralyzed
I would apply but i dont think i have even 1% chances =(

If you don't try, you won't indeed.

Zaraki
17 Sep 2010, 09:35am
* Manage the EC's, discuss ideas, and server events, etc.
I know Bob and Pres good, and i don't have any trouble with them.
* Manage all 3rd party sites/applications.

* Manage all advertising.
I love making texts and images for this sort of stuff. I think general knowledge of the adobe package could be very handy.
* Recommend upgrades, and general marketing aspects for the community.
That's a requirement that complies to the BD's trusting you, because giving bad advice is even worse than abusing admin or any other servercrime.
* Research what the community like/not
There are enough polls around, but maybe a general marketing section on the forum should be thought of in vB4.
* Give ideas to the BD's to discuss.
Adding/Removing servers, ...
* Assist GarfieldH on Community marketing.
Working with the penis pig? Looks fun xD
* Upkeep the image of SG, and help expand.
I have good knowledge of photoshop and etc...

Maybe i'll apply for this job, who won't apply, won't be the MA...

Riperzz
17 Sep 2010, 09:44am
What about those other positions? None, None, None?

Toxin
17 Sep 2010, 10:42am

OH GOD I LOL'D.

Robfal
17 Sep 2010, 10:51am
OH GOD I LOL'D.

x2

Nasu
17 Sep 2010, 10:59am
x2

It's X3 now goddammit

Ngo
17 Sep 2010, 11:25am
pick me

Bullet Wound
17 Sep 2010, 11:55am
* Manage all 3rd party sites/applications.

* Manage all advertising.
I love making texts and images for this sort of stuff. I think general knowledge of the adobe package could be very handy.
* Recommend upgrades, and general marketing aspects for the community.
That's a requirement that complies to the BD's trusting you, because giving bad advice is even worse than abusing admin or any other servercrime.
* Research what the community like/not
There are enough polls around, but maybe a general marketing section on the forum should be thought of in vB4.
* Give ideas to the BD's to discuss.
Adding/Removing servers, ...
* Assist GarfieldH on Community marketing.
Working with the penis pig? Looks fun xD

Maybe i'll apply for this job, who won't apply, won't be the MA...

Think you're misunderstanding the position...you won't have anything to do with the servers nor admins nor anything of the sort.

You'll be the person putting SG on third party apps, Facebook, Twitter, the works. As well as maintaining those sites by updating the info...Suggestions are most likely towards new third party sites that could help spread the word of SG....so to speak.

You're pretty much SG's spokesperson....if I am not mistaken...

kabLe
17 Sep 2010, 12:44pm

I only lol'd there. So maybe X4?

Movement
17 Sep 2010, 01:07pm
Do I get admin if I get this?

LOL. Of course a Hon would ask that. :laugh:

jeN
17 Sep 2010, 01:10pm
Think you're misunderstanding the position...you won't have anything to do with the servers nor admins nor anything of the sort.

You'll be the person putting SG on third party apps, Facebook, Twitter, the works. As well as maintaining those sites by updating the info...Suggestions are most likely towards new third party sites that could help spread the word of SG....so to speak.

You're pretty much SG's spokesperson....if I am not mistaken...

You're correct, AO's/BD's will still manage all the servers. MA just does the 3rd party site stuff, advertising, updating it, etc. Which is why you need to talk to the EC's, so you can update the sites about any events they're planning to gain more interest. =]

Prez
17 Sep 2010, 01:42pm
You're correct, AO's/BD's will still manage all the servers. MA just does the 3rd party site stuff, advertising, updating it, etc. Which is why you need to talk to the EC's, so you can update the sites about any events they're planning to gain more interest. =]

QFT! :D

Veggie
17 Sep 2010, 01:58pm
Sweet job if you get to work with the penis pig lol

Drox
17 Sep 2010, 02:28pm
Good luck to those applying

heartless
17 Sep 2010, 02:42pm

Thanks for making my day

Tyler
17 Sep 2010, 02:50pm
Good luck to anyone who gets it, I know I would fail at doing that stuff.

Neji
17 Sep 2010, 04:02pm
What color is the rank gonna be?

Mr. Moop
17 Sep 2010, 04:21pm
What color is the rank gonna be?

I've always liked a cyan color..

Metal
17 Sep 2010, 04:45pm
It seems like a great job.
I'm on FB,Twitter,YT about 4-5 times a day.

Might be fun and rewarding

Zaraki
17 Sep 2010, 05:19pm
I lol'd when nobody got the joke :s
Damn people that me too seriously xD

Ngo
17 Sep 2010, 05:56pm
bribe sent to garfieldh

Paralyzed
17 Sep 2010, 06:04pm
bribe sent to garfieldh

I actually could believe that, you're a billionaire anyway lol. :laugh:

Bilbo Baggins
17 Sep 2010, 06:21pm
I was about to apply for this when I checked my steam rating and saw that it was only at 5, so lack of time there, and I also realized that I would probably fuck it up anyway.

Bob Loblaw
17 Sep 2010, 09:54pm
Is there no way to add colour to vb4?
I don't reallly care one way or the other, but I agree it would be nicer to have some colour lol.

Caution
17 Sep 2010, 10:08pm
Is there no way to add colour to vb4?
I don't reallly care one way or the other, but I agree it would be nicer to have some colour lol.

It's possible; I guess we're just not doing it.

Alucard
17 Sep 2010, 10:33pm
It's possible; I guess we're just not doing it.

Well at least I stop being the color shit.....

Nishok
18 Sep 2010, 07:37am
Dangit, if this application was taken place a month later, I'd have a shitton of time on my hands :(

Good luck to everyone who is applying!

Chêvouÿx
19 Sep 2010, 04:15pm
My current schedule prevents me from doing anything beyond stalking the forums, browsing my social networks once every other day (if not slightly more or less frequent), and checking my email in the morning and in the evening.

An MA needs only to stay in communication with Garfield, update all social networks connected to the community (thus coordinating with ECs), and maintain any other external connections, correct? If so, would it be possible for me to do all of that considering my schedule? Just curious to know of how big the workload is.

If it means anything, I have a fair bit of experience in public affairs handling. Anyways, I'll apply. Hopefully my strikes aren't the only consideration against me :P

Paronic
20 Sep 2010, 04:27pm
put my name down. once this week is over i will no longer be doing 12hour shifts giving me the time to put in to this position, also im a regular user of FB and can make a Twitter account, anything else thats required i shall get.
i personally think that Ngo will be a good aplicant for this postition as he only works on a saturday (correct me if im wrong) and seems to have alot of time on his hands.

Neji
20 Sep 2010, 05:12pm
Ngo fucking deserves it. For all his donations, I bet he donated more then garfieldh.

Chobber
20 Sep 2010, 05:19pm
Ngo fucking deserves it. For all his donations, I bet he donated more then garfieldh.

Excuse me?
This is not directed at you, but a lot of the community.. And this is nothing against Ngo.. He's cool, and I'm thankful that he has donated so much..

But .. How could you ever question ANY decisions made by anyone if you sell them the rank?

Just asking..
I know, I know .. Garf "bought" SG, but that is a mere detail of paperwork and not anything about access or control rights..

Dracula
20 Sep 2010, 05:25pm

I fucking laughed at this.

Just because someone spends boat loads of money =/= make them good for a position.

Neji
20 Sep 2010, 05:28pm
I think most of you don't get the joke.

Zaraki
20 Sep 2010, 05:29pm

Just because someone spends boat loads of money =/= make them good for a position.

I fucking laughed when you promoted yourself to BD :]

http://i56.tinypic.com/2itk7co.png

Dracula
20 Sep 2010, 05:39pm
I fucking laughed when you promoted yourself to BD :]

http://i56.tinypic.com/2itk7co.png

Just mad that I am :]
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii195/Dracula7899/imbd.jpg

trakaill
20 Sep 2010, 05:53pm

because theyll spend more money..

Profit for everyone else?!..

but really unfortunately money does come into play for a lot of the decision made here and in life in general talent isnt always the driving factor..

NGO tho has no life besides SG which seems to be coming hand in hand with this position so hed be perfect :biggrin:

Ngo
20 Sep 2010, 06:00pm
what is this shit.
)
Look guys, I have not and will never use my financial status (donations) towards SG to get myself a promotion.

I like being an SA, and would stay SA as long as possible, but i feel that i could do more for the community than just donating money. I don't want Garf to use my donators status as a means of picking me over someone else.

In my opinion, I think i would be great for the MA position mainly due to me already helping SG by advertising with my raffles/rewards program and quite possibly future things. But I also think their are way more qualified people than myself.

just saying, i don't want people thinking that I only donate just so i can move up in this community, that's far from the truth, I donate because i like the community.

Paronic
20 Sep 2010, 06:19pm
just saying, i don't want people thinking that I only donate just so i can move up in this community, that's far from the truth, I donate because i like the community.

if this was the case then dont ya all think something would have happened already?? give the geeza a break and stop with the blatent jealousy

Dracula
20 Sep 2010, 06:19pm
if this was the case then dont ya all think something would have happened already?? give the geeza a break and stop with the blatent jealousy

Jealousy rofl.

Caution
20 Sep 2010, 06:40pm
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii195/Dracula7899/imbd.jpg

Lmao I don't think he was here for that.

Bubbles
20 Sep 2010, 09:17pm
/applied.

Kaos
22 Sep 2010, 05:44pm
I have tons of time! I could def be good at this! What is it, updating the SG steam group, Twitter, stuff like that..? Piece of cake! :P

barackobama
22 Sep 2010, 05:47pm
Applications are being looked at, if you have not been contacted by this point, we thank you for applying, but you ain't got it sucker! x