15 Sep 2010, 02:14pm
Sweet stuff, thanks!

Im a Jackass
15 Sep 2010, 04:21pm
its not really Free you need to buy all the good stuff

Dracula
15 Sep 2010, 04:22pm

^ Which as is to be expected from Relic, fucked balance.

Im a Jackass
15 Sep 2010, 04:35pm
true so why dont you just buy the not free COH???????????

Astrum
15 Sep 2010, 04:54pm

^ Which as is to be expected from Relic, fucked balance.

No, you don't. There's two currencies in game. The first is actual money, COHO Cash or whatever. You buy that. The second is Supply, which you earn at the end of every game. You also have a chance of earning hero squads and abilities at the end of every game (including comp stomps). These hero squads and abilities have "charges" which run out as you use them. They can be refilled with COHO Cash or Supply and you can sell these for Supply. You can also buy hero squads and abilities from the store with either COHO Cash or Supply.

Granted (at least at low levels) you don't get a ton of Supply. I get maybe 350 per game at level 11 or something. Costs like 1,000 supply to buy 50 charges (5 uses) for a particular item. If you do comp stomps, the computer doesn't use these hero units or abilities and you can grind for Supply and items. If you're a hardcore PvPer then yeah, they probably spent money to get the latest and greatest stuff (5% extra damage! HOLY SHIT!).

If people within SG want to PvP against each other and make rules about what can be used in a game I'm game for that. If someone cheats, don't play with them again.

The only real downside about this game is there is nothing from OF or ToV. That and I think the AI got dumber, although you can control it more now with map pings.

Dracula
15 Sep 2010, 04:58pm
No, you don't. There's two currencies in game. The first is actual money, COHO Cash or whatever. You buy that. The second is Supply, which you earn at the end of every game. You also have a chance of earning hero squads and abilities at the end of every game (including comp stomps). These hero squads and abilities have "charges" which run out as you use them. They can be refilled with COHO Cash or Supply and you can sell these for Supply. You can also buy hero squads and abilities from the store with either COHO Cash or Supply.

Granted (at least at low levels) you don't get a ton of Supply. I get maybe 350 per game at level 11 or something. Costs like 1,000 supply to buy 50 charges (5 uses) for a particular item. If you do comp stomps, the computer doesn't use these hero units or abilities and you can grind for Supply and items. If you're a hardcore PvPer then yeah, they probably spent money to get the latest and greatest stuff (5% extra damage! HOLY SHIT!).

If people within SG want to PvP against each other and make rules about what can be used in a game I'm game for that. If someone cheats, don't play with them again.

The only real downside about this game is there is nothing from OF or ToV. That and I think the AI got dumber, although you can control it more now with map pings.

As I said, fucked balance. The pure fact that someone has an advantage because they have played more games or payed more $ not because of their skill level is retarded. And most hardcore PVP players wont play this game (if anything they would rather stick with normal COH which is terribly sad) lol, its a joke much like those free online FPS games or even fucking Runescape.

Astrum
15 Sep 2010, 05:08pm
To each their own. I like doing comp stomps. I really do enjoy what they did with the doctrines. I'd rather they have done that in ToV to make the game a bit more worthwhile but oh well.

Lux
15 Sep 2010, 05:16pm
As I said, fucked balance. The pure fact that someone has an advantage because they have played more games or payed more $ not because of their skill level is retarded. And most hardcore PVP players wont play this game (if anything they would rather stick with normal COH which is terribly sad) lol, its a joke much like those free online FPS games or even fucking Runescape.

This is the point though.

They only make these things to make money in a different market. No one is going to buy Company of Heroes any more..so now they do what many others are doing and offer you a free basic package......and then charge for anything extra.

If it actually gives you an advantage that's even more reason for people to spend money. Some spend like $20 on a champion skin in LoL so......obviously there's a market.

Lordcrazy
16 Sep 2010, 05:13pm
Maybe I should just start playing Europe in Ruins again...