PDA

View Full Version : HankTheTank's Internet/Connection Issues(Lag choke etc)

HankTheTank
12 Sep 2010, 10:27am
Tech Support Help Ticket
What general section does your problem fall under
Internet/Connection Issues(Lag choke etc) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
I have not Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Avira AntiVir Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
HP What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
It's not a specific part (If it comes down to it I can find it for you) Please state your problem here
I use Google Chrome for my browser, and I've used it since it came out, but all of a sudden (Strictly on my laptop, my desktop still has it working fine) It's been borked.

Here's the thing, I came home the other day and tried to start Chrome. nothing to big, whatever. But then it won't load. It's taking ages to do anything. So i try and close it and it won't. I try and open the task manager to close it, and it won't open. So essentially it bogs down my computer until I have to force restart it.

Now, I have uninstalled it / reinstalled it to see if that would help, but it doesn't. Now, I'm curious as too if there are root folders somewhere that stick around after you uninstall it (That's my hunch; as when you uninstall/reinstall it, all of your favourites and most visited sites are still there)

But anyway, yes. Problem is that I can't open google Chrome, and If I do, it bogs my computer down until it needs a force-restart.

Any advice?

Tweezy
12 Sep 2010, 11:00am
This is weird... I've had the same issue with my brothers laptop, Chrome takes up 90%+ of the CPU Power... Maybe it's googles server... Not to sure.

Try using a different browser? I use Safari and i've never had any issues.

HankTheTank
12 Sep 2010, 11:26am
Yeah, I'm using Opera for the time being, but I very much prefer Chrome.

Doorknob
12 Sep 2010, 11:31am
I use chrome as well, and I noticed that sometime over the past few days, they made an update to it. The top bar is kind of different, and the color might have changed as well. Also, when you click on the wrench, there are a lot more options.

I'm not sure, but maybe your computer didn't handle the update well? Or the update glitched? Not sure, I would think that if you reinstalled it, it would be fixed. But I guess not

Spiffy
12 Sep 2010, 11:57am
When you uninstall Chrome go to:

C:\Users\(USERNAME)\Appdata\Local

Delete the Google folder. Appdata is a hidden folder so type it in.

HankTheTank
12 Sep 2010, 01:43pm
When you uninstall Chrome go to:

C:\Users\(USERNAME)\Appdata\Local

Delete the Google folder. Appdata is a hidden folder so type it in.

This worked perfectly. I can not thank you enough, As you've saved me so much frustration.

How are you not a TA!?

Spiffy
12 Sep 2010, 02:33pm
This worked perfectly. I can not thank you enough, As you've saved me so much frustration.

How are you not a TA!?

I'm new. :D