PDA

View Full Version : Civilization 5!!!

Gamgee
11 Sep 2010, 03:33pm
Anyone else excited about this getting released? It looks amazing, and I can't spot any flaws with the new stuff they are trying ti implement. It certainly looks more tactical (looks), but has that great 4x depth. Sadly I'll have to wait to get it and play it because I start classes Monday. So to any out there this is a general Civ 5 discussion thread.

Matt
11 Sep 2010, 05:57pm
SC2...........

Gamgee
12 Sep 2010, 07:40am
They aren't all that similar though. Civ5 is a 4x, and Starcraft 2 is an oldschool RTS.

Barber
16 Sep 2010, 04:22pm
CANT WAIIIIIIIT

The Famous Zombie Hunter
16 Sep 2010, 04:31pm
They aren't all that similar though. Civ5 is a 4x, and Starcraft 2 is an oldschool RTS.

What do you mean "aren't all that similar"? They are nothing alike in any concept besides the fact that they both allow you to win by blowing the :censored: out of the other player(s).
Civ5(unless Sid Meier said f**k the concept of his other 4 games) isn't even technically a RTS, where as SC2 is exactly that. A RTS meant to be played in 1 sitting. Civ5 is more of a strategy game.

On a less flame, more thread related note.
I can't wait for it ^_^ I'm glad he got rid of the 3 man unit concept and replaced it with what appears to be 12(too lazy to count). So tired of training a legion of romans just to see...........three men?
You had to train 8 packs of them then move them as a group to get that feeling of grandeur that Sid's been trying to promote.
Heard about a few of the new features too. Sounds SWEET!!

Jasper
16 Sep 2010, 07:45pm
The only Sid Meiers game I've ever played was Sid Meiers Gettysburg. Pretty bad ass little civil war game.

Starcraft 2 pretty much takes all my PC time right now though. It's hard to compete with a game that has such a huge following.

Octa
16 Sep 2010, 08:03pm
I love both sc2 and the civ games. Gonna get it hopfully

SgtJoo
16 Sep 2010, 09:06pm
http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38208

Trolololol.

:P