PDA

View Full Version : PERP Lite

Cromyth
4 Sep 2010, 06:06pm
This shit is really fun. I have over 1 days game time on one server. It is highly addicting and there is a steady population of over 20 throughout the night, if we can maintain a high pop then we will have a great deal of more members and supporters due to limiting certain jobs to donator or VIP only.

b0red
4 Sep 2010, 07:49pm
supporting this statement.

Bad Dog
4 Sep 2010, 08:54pm
Question: Could SG handle a PERP server? Not to be a dick, but DarkRP is a stretch for us.

Neji
4 Sep 2010, 08:58pm
Question: Could SG handle a PERP server? Not to be a dick, but DarkRP is a stretch for us.

I agree on this. I want it, really but if people won't be douche bags, fags etc then maybe we can handle it.

Prez
4 Sep 2010, 09:14pm
Sorry, but SG can't handle it tbh. Although the perp lite server we played on was awesome :p

barackobama
4 Sep 2010, 09:33pm
Sorry, but SG can't handle it tbh. Although the perp lite server we played on was awesome :p

If we were to get a perp lite, It would be 16 slots.

Prez
4 Sep 2010, 09:38pm
If we did get it, it would have to be local mic chat and text, because otherwise it would be crap (the one Crom is referring to is local mic chat).

Cromyth
4 Sep 2010, 10:33pm
If we were to get a perp lite, It would be 16 slots.

The thing is, 16 slots for PERP is way too small. You will need to have at least 30 people in order for it to be successful.

PERP Lite isn't the same as PERP. It is less serious but, it is more serious than DarkRP.
To be honest, DarkRP isn't even considered roleplaying, just buying houses and selling various things while people get RDMed.

I usually don't like RP on anything, but PERP is different. Basically as a civilian you want to be in an organization, which is a group of people that hang around together and do jobs with one another.

There are 5 jobs that you can be, and each of them require a certain amount of hours played. Firefighter, police, and paramedic each require 5 hours of gametime, SWAT requires donator and 2 days game time, and finally Mayor requires an election.

This will drive players to play a lot and cause them to get the time needed.

To get money before they get jobs is that they grow weed or shrooms with their org or by themselves. You also needed to use your talent points I guess you can call them to choose certain things and you can get more for 5k. People like to either get a car then max them out or max them out then get a car.

With a nice car, your status grows. With your orgs you can raid other people and steal their drugs and you guys profit.

Here are the rules from the server I play on daily.

1. Mayors are not allowed to sit in swat vans because they are not able to be destroyed. However if you are using it for transportation it's allowed.

2. NLR - What was decided is that civilians cannot go back to where they previously died even if its your own house until the person raiding you or whatever leaves the area. Police can come back in 5 minutes if they get a report or something like that.

3.a. If there is swat on the server cops don't need to be protecting the mayor. It's better for them if they are out doing their job.
3.b. The mayor doesn't need every single fucking medic and firefighter with him tell them to go do their job.

4. Government Officals shouldn't be growing drugs or using illegal weapons.

5. You need physical proof for a warrant(Guns, Seeing drugs through windows, Gun shots) You should not randomly search someones property and you should not ask for a warrant because you see blood or bullet holes.

6. Please ask people to leave your property before you shoot them. Not so much a rule just a way to keep people from complaining about being killed.

7. Not really a rule but it really bugs admins if you complain in OOC about someone breaking a rule. It's fairly easy to record and if someone is continuously breaking a rule like RDM, or NLR private message an admin just don't spam them about it. I would gladly spectate the person for you.

8. Figured this what fairly obvious but AUTOMATICS ARE ALWAYS ILLEGAL!

9. Civilians may not guard the Mayor with illegal weaponry.

10. You may not become an Official to avoid arrest.

SG can defiantly handle a PERP server easily. Also, it isn't like Steamgamers are the only one playing the server. Randies from other communities will come and play on our server and if we make a good impression they will keep coming back. If you guys don't think we can handle it, don't play the server. Simple as that, we need to give it a try and if it doesn't work out then we can forget it even happened.

You win some and you lose some.

With PERPs increasing popularity with the Gmod community, we would get quite a lot of supporters and new members because of the server. For the first few weeks if we keep a steady pop of members from our community, more people will come to the server and then we will always have a population and it won't go down.

PERP Survival Guide. (http://www.exiledservers.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=eeff4aaa42f5a27c42f7094264104a eb&topic=3154.0)

I'd suggest you guys, if you think it will fail, catch me in vent sometime and I will give you the IP to the PERP Lite server that I visit and you can see for yourself that it isn't as serious as you think. Sure it is more serious than DarkRP, which isn't saying all that much. There are so many DarkRP servers, yet so little PERP.

tl;dr
DO IT FAGGOT

Also, I think that PERP will be good for SG members since all they do in DarkRP is raid people, and in perp, you don't need to worry about prop block or keypads. Just get a lockpick, some AKs, few molotovs, and fuck shit up. Get their weed, they can't come back for 5 minutes due to NLR so their weed will be done by the time that ends and breaking NLR is serious in that. Another thing is that you NEED a car in PERP, fun shit happens. I have had countless experiences with Xoul going out of his way to destroy people in my shitty BMW.

It would be a great addition to SG. Since everyone is talking about growing, this would help.... a lot.

This is the end of my long rant/speech

Riperzz
4 Sep 2010, 10:43pm
Lets get this server! Support
EDIT: Also http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38974 (57 Voted Yes, 33 No)

APenguin
4 Sep 2010, 11:58pm
I say we do whatever cromyth said. Its long, probably means something

jeN
5 Sep 2010, 12:00am

There's a joke in here somewhere, and I'm not going to make it.

Cromyth
5 Sep 2010, 12:11am
Yo DarkRP imma let you finish, but PERP is one of the best Roleplay mods of all time.

Movement
5 Sep 2010, 01:29am

Lol^. I read it, I completely agree with him.

The downside to PERP is, if you have know idea what your doing in the beginning you get bored, fast. Once you got some game time in to it its fun.

Cromyth
5 Sep 2010, 12:10pm
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/6/65/Beast_Do_it_faggot.jpg

Jeaneh
5 Sep 2010, 02:14pm
I've always wanted to try a more serious RP server. DarkRP isn't even roleplay imo, like Crom said.

Cromyth
7 Sep 2010, 04:41pm
bamp

xoul
7 Sep 2010, 05:23pm
SINCE UBAMP THIS THREAD...i think perp is better than darkrp just becuase u dont get as much qqing anyways about prop blocking and other little things...but i agree with garf man we really dont need a 30 slot 16 fine becuase it a new one and we atleast need to see if it gonna progress better than dark rp..i think we can handle it because there not that many classes with guns so you cant really rdm and it easyer to catch them rdming.

Dark Torcher
7 Sep 2010, 10:22pm
i dont understand, will i still be able to run around and 1 deag everyone on this new server?? it confusing X(

Cromyth
8 Sep 2010, 01:29pm
SINCE UBAMP THIS THREAD...i think perp is better than darkrp just becuase u dont get as much qqing anyways about prop blocking and other little things...but i agree with garf man we really dont need a 30 slot 16 fine becuase it a new one and we atleast need to see if it gonna progress better than dark rp..i think we can handle it because there not that many classes with guns so you cant really rdm and it easyer to catch them rdming.

You didn't read my rant did you?