PDA

View Full Version : Why do you like ZM?

Sk3pT!kaL
16 May 2007, 12:54am
Why do you enjoy playing ZM?

I just love moments like these (screens) :D

Graves
16 May 2007, 04:45am
That has to be one of the easiest questions I've ever been asked. Its simple, I love ZM cause of the great community it has. When you come onto a [ZM] server, its VERY rare that your gonna encounter a problem, whether it be with a player or the actual server. Every time Im on one of our servers, I'm surrounded by great people, who I enjoy playing Counter Strike with.

Being an Admin makes it even better. Not because I can use Powers, but because helping out on a server, knowing I'm helping the server, gives me a good feeling. I love being here, its a great community of people, and I'm sure not gonna be leaving it anytime soon, I love it too much to leave! :D

Dabudabu
16 May 2007, 05:56am
I will voice my responce aswell, I like zombie mods because its the only mod where people dont yell at you for camping =P.
That and I get thrilled when I get a kill unlike when I play regular CSS.

SilentFox618
16 May 2007, 04:17pm
It's moments like this why I love ZM.... lol. Hiding where no one REALLY looks :D then laughing when they can't find you haha.

Capt.Stabbin
16 May 2007, 08:01pm
well its different. i got bored of regular mode in CSS, now i pretty much only play gun games and zombie mod.

broncoty
16 May 2007, 08:06pm
i play zombie mod because i suck at regular css lol

and haggards server happened to pop up saying zombies i was like sweet and played it loved it bought admin like a month later

i still think moon texture is the bomb it was so kool when i started playing lol

Henda
16 May 2007, 08:16pm
Atm I don't enjoy ZM, I find it extremely boring atm with the lack of quality maps around.

Sk3pT!kaL
16 May 2007, 08:39pm
Atm I don't enjoy ZM, I find it extremely boring atm with the lack of quality maps around.
Seriously. Last night I joined and quit after 5 minutes.. It couldn't hold my attention longer then that. Might be my last month admining if I can't find interest in it anymore..

But I love that gitty feeling knowing it's me vs the world. :0

broncoty
16 May 2007, 08:47pm
guys im partially to blame for that, i just uploaded a new escape map and i hav another to test out, there totally dif, and i hav another map to upload after it clears, i hav been busy so i havent had time to play let alone upload

jeN
17 May 2007, 03:28am

Yah :( Unless certain people are on to make it fun, I get bored really fast. We play the same maps, gets old fast IMO.

But I mostly play because I enjoy it, and those who aren't asses make it a lot more fun. Only thing about source I can stand is zombie mod.

Red
17 May 2007, 08:41am
I concur, we need new maps pronto.

KikkoMan
17 May 2007, 04:41pm
Agreed, its getting kind of boring with the same maps over and over again. I like playing ZM because of the people, in order to win you have to look out for each other to to survive. Its not like reg cs, in a pub people just go wherever they want and its frustrating. Its fun too, make your fort to keep the bad guys away <_<

tinkerbell
17 May 2007, 10:09pm
this thred is why u like ZM not reasons y its boring, any. i like zm cos of the players and admins, fun players make the time spent on the server much more enjoyable, i also like the mixture of origins of players from over the world, i like talkin to people as well (as u gather if ur on napalm server). its a good laugh and sometimes the convo's are 'stimulating' . the admins are good as well, they help you if u need it, and have fun with the mani mod as well, i like being a beacon!!!!!!, and generally the best community server ive ever played on!!!

big up's for Haggard!! well done mate, keep up the outstanding job!!

Nuubi Rstln
21 May 2007, 02:53am
ZM rocks, I got bored to normal css and gungame a long long time ago, but I still love ZM :cool: I like it also becuse it also needs some team work as ct to win zombies :) And most of the players in ZM are good ppl :)

Pancake Batter
23 May 2007, 03:55pm
I'm starting to lose interest to zombie mod just due to asshole players (CTs and Zombies) that refuse to do any sort of teamwork, especially when playing as a zombie. I was signaling to a zombie earlier today to jump on top of me to get another person (futt was leaning to far in the edge, could have easily gotten him by stacking), but he kept trying get the guy the hard way . After the round ended, he started calling me a queer and bitching about not helping him charge head on over the mic. I'm sorry, but I don't follow a one single minded path when I'm dealing with CTs, I think of other better options when getting them, I don't charge head on like a mindless idiot. I got called a queer, pussy, etc. alot of times now by other dumbshit zombie players just because I help boost other zombies to get CTs instead of charging in and getting riddled with bullets. As for the little prick who called me a queer today, yeah I'm talking about you [Jew] Zeidrich you little cunt. Other things I don't like about ZM is just your basic overly serious players, the mic spammers, little kids who are overly talkative, etc. But then again, your bound to meet any of these assholes I mentioned above anywhere.

As for what I like about ZM, the non-asshole players. You know, the people you could just hang around with, laugh about doing stupid shit, etc. Also, unlike other admins of other servers who abuse the shit out of their powers, the admins in ZM are cool (with a few bad seeds that were swiftly dealt with). It's these sudden surge of cuntrags are that are trying to ruin my experience of ZM, yet it's the cool players and helpful admins that are keeping me interested in ZM.

Oh, and new maps wouldn't hurt :D

Red
23 May 2007, 03:59pm
Yes, there has been an increase in douchebaggery, and we as admins are trying our best.

Please post steamid/screenshots of said jackasses and we'll deal with them.

Pancake Batter
23 May 2007, 04:06pm
Queer is becoming an overused, uncreative insult, same with ****** (teh N-word). I think these people deserve to be banned over a week, just for not being creative with their insults. It's even worse when they use an uncreative insult against someone over something stupid like the example of me being called a queer earlier. As for Steam IDs, I don't take them down if they're insulting me since I usually don't care (if I did take them down, there'd be mass one day bannings.) Though I did start taking down IDs and names of people using racial slurs though if you want them :)

Henda
23 May 2007, 04:08pm
I'm starting to lose interest to zombie mod just due to asshole players (CTs and Zombies) that refuse to do any sort of teamwork, especially when playing as a zombie. I was signaling to a zombie earlier today to jump on top of me to get another person (futt was leaning to far in the edge, could have easily gotten him by stacking), but he kept trying get the guy the hard way . After the round ended, he started calling me a queer and bitching about not helping him charge head on over the mic. I'm sorry, but I don't follow a one single minded path when I'm dealing with CTs, I think of other better options when getting them, I don't charge head on like a mindless idiot. I got called a queer, pussy, etc. alot of times now by other dumbshit zombie players just because I help boost other zombies to get CTs instead of charging in and getting riddled with bullets. As for the little prick who called me a queer today, yeah I'm talking about you [Jew] Zeidrich you little cunt.

I agree with you there, there isn't enough teamwork in css tbh not just zombie mod, also the new rush of noobs is annoying aswell. As for the insults, admins won't really interfere unless it gets bad, however if you feel insulted by it just tell an admin and they'll do there stuff.

Other things I don't like about ZM is just your basic overly serious players, the mic spammers, little kids who are overly talkative, etc. But then again, your bound to meet any of these assholes I mentioned above anywhere.

Again I agree, you have a choice tho, type voice_enable 0 in console and it will stop you from hearing all mics. Unfortantly I don't have this choice, lucky bastard :(

As for what I like about ZM, the non-asshole players. You know, the people you could just hang around with, laugh about doing stupid shit, etc. Also, unlike other admins of other servers who abuse the shit out of their powers, the admins in ZM are cool (with a few bad seeds that were swiftly dealt with). It's these sudden surge of cuntrags are that are trying to ruin my experience of ZM, yet it's the cool players and helpful admins that are keeping me interested in ZM.

Oh, and new maps wouldn't hurt :D

I keep saying this but new maps are just shit for the most part these days, they either look great and have no gameplay value or look shit and have great gameplay value and in the end most are laggy.

But we'll be upload some new map soon (next hour or so) and hopefully we can get a few good ones there.

As for admins, your a lying bastard, there all massive admin abusers apart from me :D

Pancake Batter
23 May 2007, 04:12pm
It's not that I'm insulted by it, just suprised that people get so worked up over nothing and have to be audible about it, that and using stupid cookie-cutter insults as well.

EDIT : Also, for the mic thing, there are some cool players who use the mic that I would like to hear what they are saying, I just wish that I could mute certain people.

Red
23 May 2007, 05:02pm
It's not that I'm insulted by it, just suprised that people get so worked up over nothing and have to be audible about it, that and using stupid cooking-cutter insults as well.

EDIT : Also, for the mic thing, there are some cool players who use the mic that I would like to hear what they are saying, I just wish that I could mute certain people.

You can mute individuals, hit escape, the click on "player list" then highlight the douchebag you want to mute and click "mute ingame voice".

broncoty
23 May 2007, 05:05pm
You can mute individuals, hit escape, the click on "player list" then highlight the douchebag you want to mute and click "mute ingame voice".

doesnt work

Red
23 May 2007, 05:16pm
well that sucks

sinister1_
23 May 2007, 09:27pm
i like the community and admins of the server you get the odd person you wanna strangle but other then that it's awesome but one thing i really miss are the old maps from when i started playing like the one with the two buildings off the start then the 4 teleports.