PDA

View Full Version : Vent/Mic help

Chaos
25 Aug 2010, 06:56pm
Got a new mic, people say my mic is really low. I have windows 7

Chaoz`
25 Aug 2010, 07:01pm
do you have Vista, if so try maxing out the volume of transmitting

go to control panel => Sound => Record => click the microphone input you're using => Properties => Levels => drag the bar all the way to the right, that usually works well it did for me

Chaos
25 Aug 2010, 07:14pm
Windows 7.

Chaoz`
25 Aug 2010, 07:32pm
well i think it's kinda the same, tho, don't really know since i have vista

try doing this, found this on a forum, after he did this it worked fine:

Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Manage Audio Devices to get to the Sound panel, then select Playback > Speakers > Enhancements and make sure everything is un-checked. Then select Playback > Speakers > Advanced and un-check 'Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device'.

then go to Recording > Microphone > Listen and ensured 'Listen to this device' and uncheck it.
Then go to Levels and ensure the Microphone level is at 100% and the Boost was at ±10db.
Then go to Enhancements and make sure everything is un-checked.
Then go to Advanced and un-check 'Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device'.

And finally go to the Communications tab of the Sound panel, and changed 'When windows detects communications activity' to 'Do nothing'.

Labarr
25 Aug 2010, 09:49pm
Do what Chaoz said and it will work

Jizzy
26 Aug 2010, 05:18am
Do what Chaoz said and it will work

Lawl wasted post xD unessecery like this ...

Hellspawn
26 Aug 2010, 05:21am
Lawl wasted post xD unessecery like this ...

can I haz +1 now?

but thanks Chaoz I was having the same problem and that helped me out.

Chaoz`
26 Aug 2010, 09:48am
np glad it helped out someone.

instead of those damn trolls posting useless +1 posts on the forum :rlol:

jeN
3 Sep 2010, 11:04am
Moved to tech support section, are you still having problems despite Chaoz's fix?

Lucas15
4 Sep 2010, 12:23pm
Simple. Go to the setup in Ventrilo and turn outbound up. Outbound can be found near the bottom right side of the setup window for Ventrilo.

Chaos
9 Sep 2010, 08:03pm
sorry, fixed, thanks guys!