PDA

View Full Version : autoexe.cfg no work

Labarr
24 Aug 2010, 06:18pm
I was giving my friend step by step instructions on how to get teh autoexe.cfg to work.. so i delted the one i had to go with him.. now whenver i start counterstrke it doesnt load the autoexe.cfg file..
Why wont it work any more..??
here is what i have in the file:
rate 50000
cl_cmdrate 66
cl_updaterate 67
cl_interp_ratio 2
cl_interp 0.033
cl_smooth 1

WTF is going on?
thanks
labarr15

Lucid
24 Aug 2010, 07:21pm
Type "exec autoexe.cfg" in console.

Labarr
24 Aug 2010, 07:35pm
ya thats what i ahve been doing. i am just wondering why it isnt working automatically anymore..
Maybe someone else wants to erase the ir autoexe.cfg and create anew one and let me know if the same thing happens?
thansk

Lucid
24 Aug 2010, 07:46pm
ya thats what i ahve been doing. i am just wondering why it isnt working automatically anymore..
Maybe someone else wants to erase the ir autoexe.cfg and create anew one and let me know if the same thing happens?
thansk

It's got something to do with the launch options, I forgot the command. Try something like -exec autoexe (idk lol)

I went through Casey's config and it loads automatically and I found this command that might work. I'm not too sure since I haven't messed with CS:S in a while. Try putting this in the config:

sv_forcepreload 1

Jager
25 Aug 2010, 05:21am
force preload just loads all the map variables objects props etc before it allows you to get into the server, which can save you some lag issues if you run into an area with props that the server is trying to send you real time and you cannot.

-exec autoexec.cfg is all you need to add to the servers command line and you are gtg. alternatively you can stuff the commands into the server.cfg which is also read on map changes and server start/restart.

Spiffy
25 Aug 2010, 08:16am
He means for his game Jager. :p

You just need to add -exec autoexec.cfg in your launch options. You can find them by going to your games library, right clicking on the game and going to properties. Go to the 'General' tab and click on 'Set Launch Options'.

Labarr
25 Aug 2010, 08:57am
-exec autoexec.cfg doesnt do anything in launch options
:(

Spiffy
25 Aug 2010, 09:00am
Where are you putting the file? You could also try adding exec autoexec.cfg in your config.cfg file.

Harry
25 Aug 2010, 09:38am
autoexec should auto exec without any launch options.... you must have it in the wrong folder (it should be in cstrike\cfg\autoexec.cfg)

Repus
25 Aug 2010, 09:45am
Make sure you don't have in launch options like -config or something.

Labarr
25 Aug 2010, 09:58am
lol. im a fialure. if u read my thread name its "autoexe.cfg
but its supposed to be autoexec.cfg
...Im a fucking idiot.
Delete this thread...

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/Kargoth/wizard.jpg