PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Admin? and an offtopic question.

aja
30 Mar 2008, 07:47pm
OKay there are a lot of blockers and noobs on the servers (Really speaking for the vip server) once an admin comes it, all stops. They just got away with rule breaking. Maybe an admin should have a choice with joining a server without the "thank you ______ for supporting us...." They can go under a disquised name and they could be banned wihtout being announced in chat.

Offtopic question: Is there an age restriction for mics on the vip server

SOLANUM
30 Mar 2008, 08:19pm
Yeah i completley agree, if possible I think it'd be good if the admin doesnt have the name their admin in set in that message wont come up.

Sol :sleep:

Classic ++
31 Mar 2008, 01:02am
Did that today and caught a guy. If you need someone banned aja take screenshots or a demo, get their steam id and post them here. it doesnt take us long to read the complaints thread and make the ban

Jaffa
31 Mar 2008, 04:18am
Admins come into the servers under false names all the time, you just have to be a ninja like me and russle them out of hiding

Classic ++
31 Mar 2008, 07:29am
"Hello [name], Thank you for supporting us!" doesnt help you at all jaffa? :P

Jaffa
31 Mar 2008, 08:11am
I think there is a way to come into the server without that, but sometimes people don't notice it (i don't read everything that appears down there when i'm running for my life)

Captain Colon
31 Mar 2008, 11:15am
I'm pretty sure they changed it so that now it just says "XXX has joined the game" but in green text. I haven't seen the thank you message in a while.

Classic ++
31 Mar 2008, 11:30am
i got it a few times yesterday cap, on the escape servers

flux
31 Mar 2008, 11:49am
Its really annoying too, when your trying to suprise a hacker/mic spammer and that message gives you away. Any chance it can make like a banana and feck off?

PotshotPolka
31 Mar 2008, 03:48pm
It's okay Flux, assholes have a low tolerance for acting nicely, they give up and give you a reason to ban them five minutes tops.
Examples: Microshock.

NT-D
31 Mar 2008, 04:59pm
I agree wit u guys, it would greatly discourage ppl from screwin around
and 2 confirm for colon, i haven't seen it in a while either

Kawaii-Desu
2 Apr 2008, 09:44am
It's okay Flux, assholes have a low tolerance for acting nicely, they give up and give you a reason to ban them five minutes tops.
Examples: Microshock.

I love how you weren't even here for that whole ordeal. Way to jump on the band wagon. It makes you so cool. It's called join dates moron.

Italian Jew
2 Apr 2008, 09:54am
word spreads fast on the interwebz...

People speak of the evil known as Microshock on Final Fantasy forums in Japan now...kids fear his name...a chill goes down everyone's spine at the very mention of his name!

OK, I am giving that kid too much credit, but people here know the trouble he caused and they might have told Mr. Polka here. :001_tt2:

Kawaii-Desu
2 Apr 2008, 09:58am
w/e as for the hidden admin thing all the time. Its really no big problem. Most dont know what the [zm/sg] signature is. Oh and the ban appeals for micro are hilarious. maybe he read those

November Terra
2 Apr 2008, 10:04am
Maybe it should have two things to check if it should display that an admin has joined a game: checking both steam ID and name, for example. If an admin comes on, but without the correct name in the database, it would not display the green greeting text. If someone trying to fake an admin name joins, it won't show up because their steam ID doesn't match. And if an admin joins that is using their correct name, it will then display the greeting text.

All you gotta do is add an extra list of names to go along with the list of steam IDs that are given adminship. And then add a name checker to the boolean that checks if the steam ID corresponds to that of an admin.

SOLANUM
2 Apr 2008, 06:20pm
I love how you weren't even here for that whole ordeal. Way to jump on the band wagon. It makes you so cool. It's called join dates moron.

Desu, LAY OFF of Potshot, he wasnt here on forums no, but he was around and knows about all the shit that Micro caused, so im sorry but stfu.

Sol :cursing:

Paladin
2 Apr 2008, 06:52pm
Yes Desu, please be quiet if your going to try and attack potshot. Join dates on forums mean shit compared to join dates on the server, and he was around when Microshock was here. I've remembered playing in escape with both of them many times, Microshock being annoying of course and Potshot not so much.

Dracula
2 Apr 2008, 07:06pm
I know its off topic and all but coul some one explane to me who this guy is all i have learnd is he was trouble?

Italian Jew
2 Apr 2008, 07:48pm
Oh, do I need to bring up my picture of the ordeal? :w00t:

Dracula
3 Apr 2008, 12:58pm
Sure if you want. :rlol:

Italian Jew
3 Apr 2008, 01:16pm
I dunno, when I posted the pic last time I got in trouble. Nobody thought my picture of Micro kissing ass was appropriate...or true...but who is laughing now? lol

Anyways it happened something like that...

Kawaii-Desu
3 Apr 2008, 09:11pm
I dunno, when I posted the pic last time I got in trouble. Nobody thought my picture of Micro kissing ass was appropriate...or true...but who is laughing now? lol

Anyways it happened something like that...

I remember when that pic was the only spray on the server one day. lol. but looks like ive sent this thread waaay of topic. i apologize potshot, apparently ive just never seen you before on the servers.

Italian Jew
3 Apr 2008, 09:57pm
http://www.motleycrow.com/ImageHost/ThreadHijack-AirForce1.jpg

Oh NOES!!!! :scared:

Kawaii-Desu
3 Apr 2008, 10:31pm
http://www.motleycrow.com/ImageHost/ThreadHijack-AirForce1.jpg

Oh NOES!!!! :scared:

This thread is now about how great of an actor Harrison Ford is or Airforce 1

Italian Jew
4 Apr 2008, 09:59am
both :biggrin:

PotshotPolka
4 Apr 2008, 10:21am
Well, I've personally seen Microshock being banned, I dunno three times on escape servers, so I like to think of myself as being a primary source.