PDA

View Full Version : SC2 1v1 Tournament

Bullet Wound
22 Aug 2010, 11:41am
Just a central thread to collect thoughts and what naught.

Link to Tourny site: http://challonge.com/sgsc2tourny

Meeting at 6pm EST and 10pm EST in vent SC2 channel daily until we are finished.

Rounds Best of 3, last round may be out of 5.

GL Everyone!

[We're starting today]

Bill Smauz
22 Aug 2010, 05:13pm
How do we communicate with out opponent?

Jasper
22 Aug 2010, 05:41pm
Wait, what time is that for Central time?

Edit:

I can has failures bracket?

Bullet Wound
22 Aug 2010, 10:40pm
How do we communicate with out opponent?

Um lets see....

There are PMs on the forums (which no one apparently pays attention to),

There is a messaging system with steam,

You can write on a person's wall,

Or you can be at the meeting time of 6PM EST or 10PM EST and see if your opponent also showed up.

All pretty standard stuff really....

Ganzta
22 Aug 2010, 11:19pm
this is fixed
why do i have bullet

Phobos
22 Aug 2010, 11:26pm
Wait, what time is that for Central time?

TRANSLATION TO CENTRAL TIME:
Meeting at 5pm CST and 9pm CST in vent SC2 channel daily until we are finished.

TRANSLATION TO PACIFIC TIME:
Meeting at 3pm PST and 7pm PST in vent SC2 channel daily until we are finished.

Central is 1 hour behind Eastern. Pacific is 2 hours behind Central, 3 hours behind Eastern.

Zealot
24 Aug 2010, 09:22pm
http://209.85.62.24/262/12/0/p356488/scbanner.jpg

Banner for tourney sup.

Jasper
25 Aug 2010, 05:12pm
I'm probably not gonna be able to play in the Tournament tonight. I'm at a little lan party/shindig. I'll be on SC2, but other people will be playing on my account because we don't have enough computers.

Bullet Wound
25 Aug 2010, 06:13pm
I'm probably not gonna be able to play in the Tournament tonight. I'm at a little lan party/shindig. I'll be on SC2, but other people will be playing on my account because we don't have enough computers.

Hmmmm so thats why you weren't answering me lol

Spiritwind
26 Aug 2010, 01:14pm
I will hopefully be on tonight to join in on the tourney, hopefully my opponent will be on as well.
Prob be on around 9pm pst.

Pulse
27 Aug 2010, 10:59pm
I hope this one was successful, so that more will be created in the future, I don't get on forums that often or I would have definitely joined this one. I know reading more in depth might have answered this but what level are you guys playing at?

Jasper
28 Aug 2010, 02:12am
Sorry guys, I've been partying like every night and we've all been playing SC2 team games. I'm going home on Sunday for sure so I'll be good this upcoming week.

Zealot
28 Aug 2010, 06:38am
I hope this one was successful, so that more will be created in the future, I don't get on forums that often or I would have definitely joined this one. I know reading more in depth might have answered this but what level are you guys playing at?

Its good so far, cept people need to get their games done. We are using this as a testing grounds for the 2v2 tournament, so watch the forum for that one.

The level of gameplay is from Bronze to Zealot level.

Edit: I meant platinum

Spiritwind
28 Aug 2010, 02:29pm
I've sent the person I'm suppose to play a pm asking if he could be on the times I am, and what times might work for him, but still have gotten no reply.

Bullet Wound
28 Aug 2010, 02:41pm
Its good so far, cept people need to get their games done. We are using this as a testing grounds for the 2v2 tournament, so watch the forum for that one.

The level of gameplay is from Bronze to Zealot level.

Edit: I meant platinum

Re-Edit

He means Bronze to Bullet Wound, and thats Diamond :D

Pulse
28 Aug 2010, 05:58pm
Okay, well I'll keep any eye out of future tournaments, thanks for info. I would like to play Zealot one day as I am diamond/platinum myself, but I don't enjoy PvP which based on his name I assume he is also protoss.

Bullet Wound
28 Aug 2010, 06:14pm
Okay, well I'll keep any eye out of future tournaments, thanks for info. I would like to play Zealot one day as I am diamond/platinum myself, but I don't enjoy PvP which based on his name I assume he is also protoss.

Hes a Terran-fag actually.

I've decided to drop Archy (no offense Archy), since he has not been online for the past 2 days at all, if he comes back before then thats fine an he can play his matches, till then hes considered "dropped".

I will not actually drop him until the matches after him are played, in case he does come back in time.

So that would mean me and Spiritwind would play.

And SexyFish and Desum would play.

If either of those matches are done before Archy comes back, hes out.

Pulse
28 Aug 2010, 11:44pm

I've decided to drop Archy (no offense Archy), since he has not been online for the past 2 days at all, if he comes back before then thats fine an he can play his matches, till then hes considered "dropped".

I will not actually drop him until the matches after him are played, in case he does come back in time.

So that would mean me and Spiritwind would play.

And SexyFish and Desum would play.

If either of those matches are done before Archy comes back, hes out.

You could swap out the Archy spot for a new player, an example being me. :)

Archy
29 Aug 2010, 03:26pm
@ Spiritwind Yeah sorry, I was camping over the weekend but I just got back, ill be on tonight.

Zealot
29 Aug 2010, 10:11pm
Re-Edit

He means Bronze to Bullet Wound, and thats Diamond :D
Nope.

Everyone knows I'm terribad. Also Zealots are my favorite unit from SC1 so yea. I do like me some protoss but I play terran as my main.

Suck it.

Spiritwind
30 Aug 2010, 12:02am
Good games archy, was fun pal.
Not looking forward to playing Bullet Wound =p.

Jasper
30 Aug 2010, 12:36am
Alright, I'll be on today for sure.

Archy
30 Aug 2010, 06:32pm
off topic but... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHG40AdYfJ0

Jasper
4 Sep 2010, 12:30pm
Lets finish this thing.

Bullet Wound
4 Sep 2010, 01:03pm
Waiting on Desum + Archy.

Nvm, Desum was last online 6 days ago (on steam) so we're just gonna drop him this time, new match is

Hiphop Vs Archy.

Jasper
9 Sep 2010, 07:07am
We could probably finish this thing today if you fags get online.

Bullet Wound
9 Sep 2010, 09:03am
We could probably finish this thing today if you fags get online.

Hiphop has been online nearly every day since like last week, you're the one I haven't been able to find the whole time lol.

When you're online go in vent, when I look for people to play SC2 I generally go Steam > Vent >SC2, and usually I just do a quick login to SC2 to see if you're online. So go in vent, and if I see you there today (5:30pm or later is when I'll be in vent) I'll message Hiphop on steam and you'll play.

Jasper
9 Sep 2010, 10:56am
k

I've been online every day this week too, lol.

Bullet Wound
9 Sep 2010, 11:50am
k

I've been online every day this week too, lol.

I know you have, but I haven't seen you in steam or in vent, so I haven't been able to catch you.

Desum
9 Sep 2010, 02:04pm
Waiting on Desum + Archy.

Nvm, Desum was last online 6 days ago (on steam) so we're just gonna drop him this time, new match is

Hiphop Vs Archy.

o.O didn't i play my match against you? Didn't know I had another one.

Jasper
9 Sep 2010, 02:34pm
Yeah, it was double elimination. You should play against Hiphop since your back.

And I wanna watch. :spy:

Desum
10 Sep 2010, 04:21pm
lol, if thats cool with Hip/Bullet Wound then that'd be fine.

Bullet Wound
10 Sep 2010, 05:15pm
lol, if thats cool with Hip/Bullet Wound then that'd be fine.

Thats fine.

Jasper
12 Sep 2010, 05:01pm
I'll be on today but I'm once again at my friends house. I'll be able to play in the tourney tomorrow for sure, probably somewhere from 7pm-12pm central time.

Zealot
22 Sep 2010, 01:59pm
after a 3 week hiatus i reinstalled sc2!

Jasper
22 Sep 2010, 03:23pm
Why did you uninstall in the first place?

Also, Hiphop is dead.

Bullet Wound
22 Sep 2010, 04:36pm
Yea...due to hiphop not talking to....well anyone the past while he'll be dropped.

Jasper Vs Zealot now.

Also when did you get diamond Jasper?

Zealot
23 Sep 2010, 12:10am
New computer

Jasper
23 Sep 2010, 10:31am
I see. We can and should finish it tonight. I'll be at my friends house, but the internet's better there anyway.

Yea...due to hiphop not talking to....well anyone the past while he'll be dropped.

Jasper Vs Zealot now.

Also when did you get diamond Jasper?

Got it yesterday. :3

Spiritwind
23 Sep 2010, 03:37pm
Make sure you send me a pm on steam, I'll want to watch that match.

Zealot
23 Sep 2010, 07:07pm
GG To Mr.Bullet Wound, and thanks for participating the rest of you guys :)

After a 3-2 finish we decided to call it a draw since we didn't want to play another 5 games that might've ended in another stalemate.

Ultimately Terran was victorious >=], Also Nova > Kerrigan

Jasper
23 Sep 2010, 09:27pm
So who won? 3-2 aint exactly a tie.

Spiritwind
24 Sep 2010, 04:08am
I think Zealot won

Bullet Wound
24 Sep 2010, 06:20am
So who won? 3-2 aint exactly a tie.

We played another match before, and I won 3-2, so technically we're tied 5-5. Along with the fact that the toury is double elimination, neither of us have lost 2 rounds yets, so we're both technically still in it.

However neither of us felt like doing another 5, so we said fuck it and called it a draw.

And yes Nova > Kerrigan lols

Jasper
24 Sep 2010, 06:26am
Oh I see.

Zealot
24 Sep 2010, 11:11am
K Bdubs if you make the sc2 2v2 thread I made the banner already...lol

Bullet Wound
24 Sep 2010, 11:34am
K Bdubs if you make the sc2 2v2 thread I made the banner already...lol

Lol ok, PM me the banner and I'll make the thread, or you can make it add I'll add on to it after.

Spiritwind
24 Sep 2010, 04:05pm
Congratz everyone! Had tons of fun watching and playing.