PDA

View Full Version : Prop 8

TheTruth
20 Aug 2010, 10:25pm
Say you were allowed to vote on California's Proposition 8 (or any state/country for that matter), what would you vote? Yes? No?

If you have no clue what I'm talking about, click hurrr: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prop_8

Now all I'm looking for is a yay or nay and why you think that way. Don't start up some drama shit by accident by bringing other stuff up that doesn't actually relate to the subject. Vote away!

Also, my bad if there was another thread about this but I either didn't see it or didn't feel like digging it up.

Prez
20 Aug 2010, 10:30pm
I'm against it. People should be able to do what they want, and not be limited by gender, race, origin, etc.

Sexy Fish
20 Aug 2010, 10:31pm
I oppose as well. No reason at all why it shouldn't just be legal.

TheTruth
20 Aug 2010, 10:33pm
Well fuck me, I meant to vote oppose and went fast and clicked support. Woopsy doodle.

If someone wants to enlighten me on why it's so bad to have same sex marriage in a state, I'd welcome the lesson.

Desum
20 Aug 2010, 10:36pm
tbh i don't really care much either way, but just the fact that the courts keep over turning the decisions made by the citizens of California is what pisses me off.

Caution
20 Aug 2010, 10:41pm
I honestly couldn't care less either way. I completely see arguments from both side. What I DO find bullshit though is them putting up a vote and then overturning it. What the fuck is that shit? The majority of the people in California did NOT want same-sex marriage, and then it gets overturned. Cool story.

If someone wants to enlighten me on why it's so bad to have same sex marriage in a state, I'd welcome the lesson.

Erm, some people have different religious / lifestyle opinions than you?

TheTruth
20 Aug 2010, 10:43pm
Was there a reason for overturning it? I don't really follow this stuff closely enough to know certain details.

Caution
20 Aug 2010, 10:48pm
Was there a reason for overturning it? I don't really follow this stuff closely enough to know certain details.

Judge Walker declared the ban unconstitutional. Either way, it's in The Court of Appeals at the moment because people feel it is unfair. Not really sure how it's unconstitutional, considering the state voted for Proposition 8. Apparently it fell in violation of the Equal Protection Clause, which to me makes no sense considering we offer the same benefits of a married couple to gays, it's just called a partnership.

Bad Dog
20 Aug 2010, 10:50pm
I did the same thing, hurrr durr

PotshotPolka
20 Aug 2010, 10:52pm
I'm still convinced that the government should have civil unions only for everyone, leave the "sacrament of marriage" crap to the churches, not the courts.

Caution
20 Aug 2010, 10:55pm
I'm still convinced that the government should have civil unions only for everyone, leave the "sacrament of marriage" crap to the churches, not the courts.

Yup, couldn't agree more!!!!! The only problem with this is that it wouldn't be good enough; gays would still march forward, demanding that everyone should accept them, including the churches.

PotshotPolka
20 Aug 2010, 11:05pm
Yup, couldn't agree more!!!!! The only problem with this is that it wouldn't be good enough; gays would still march forward, demanding that everyone should accept them, including the churches.

Well they can march on the churches all they want, they have the right to reject people that don't agree with their beliefs. I honestly think though if a gay couple could have the same rights to property, tax benefits, medical visitations, etc. as straights then the majority would leave the issue alone, since they're getting a fair deal.

Caution
20 Aug 2010, 11:12pm
I honestly think though if a gay couple could have the same rights to property, tax benefits, medical visitations, etc. as straights then the majority would leave the issue alone, since they're getting a fair deal.

IMHO it's not even about that (speaking from my experience from living in California). The masses want to openly show to everyone that they are gay and demand everyone to accept it and support it, no matter what stance somebody else may have. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of gays that are completely laid back about their sexuality and don't demand shit from anyone; sadly, the masses in California give them a bad rep. The civil union that gays can have (in California, that is) is almost identical to a heterosexual marriage, so there really shouldn't be a reason to bitch.

Lol my lesbian sister even thinks it's ridiculous how much the gay community in California bitches.

Bilbo Baggins
20 Aug 2010, 11:59pm
Judge Walker declared the ban unconstitutional. Either way, it's in The Court of Appeals at the moment because people feel it is unfair. Not really sure how it's unconstitutional, considering the state voted for Proposition 8. Apparently it fell in violation of the Equal Protection Clause, which to me makes no sense considering we offer the same benefits of a married couple to gays, it's just called a partnership.

While you may be completely right that they get the same benefits through a domestic partnership the fact of the matter is that in the US there is legal precedent that "separate but equal" is in fact discrimination and all that jazz. Which is why I agree with Potshot bout how everyone should get civil unionized and leave the marriage stuff to churches. That way folks with religious opposition to the gays to take a chill pill bout the gays stepping on their holy god granted hetero- only marriage crap.

iNorris
21 Aug 2010, 12:20am
I am an ardent Catholic, so I'm kinda torn. I'm disgusted by homosexual acts of intercourse because it's just not natural, either by God's or nature's choice, it doesn't matter. On the other hand, I'm fine with same-sex marriage, as long as it takes place in a court, city hall, etc. As long as they don't bother me, I'm cool with it.

One off-hand thought I had though (not to be a jackass), was that Roman Catholicism made it's debut when polytheism was not only the norm, but the law, punishable by death if disobeyed. Correct if I'm wrong, but homosexuality, it seems to me, gained notice and "popularity" (so to speak) in the past couple decades, after all the liberal rights movements blazed the path for them. For that reason, I respect my religion quite a bit more.

SgtJoo
21 Aug 2010, 02:30am
Fuck, I don't care. Let gays be as gay as they want.

I just don't get why California even has a Proposition system, it's screwed them repeatedly.

SilentGuns
21 Aug 2010, 04:56am
Let them be gay, as long as they keep with their own kind and not spread it around.

For them it can end in 3 ways.

1. God is a sadistic bastard who punishes them
2. God is a all wise and forgiving.
3. There is no god and nothing will happen.

So, let them get married and gamble between those 3.

Lux
21 Aug 2010, 07:03am
Is this about civil partnership or marriage?

If getting a civil partnership has exactly the same benefits as being married....then there is nothing really to it. Marriage is a religious thing.....if there's no reason to get married rather than have a civil partnership except because you prefer one to the other/you're contradicting your religion and you're religious whilst gay......then they can QQ more.

Dracula
21 Aug 2010, 07:11am
Ment to vote support lol.

Harry
21 Aug 2010, 07:49am
I oppose the ban on homosexual marriage. I dislike how so many jobs and opportunities ask if you're married. I understand it's a legal binding as well, even though it's created/managed religiously. Marriage is nice and useful if you're planning on having children or be a couple with someone due to the legal ties it puts on both of you. A lot of homosexuals aren't going to have children (because they can't, but they should be able o adopt), but they probably like the legal binds it gives.

Let's imply I am a homosexual here:

If I were to have a serious medical condition, the doctors would call my next of kin to sort it out. This means calling my father, my only living relative, and someone who I've not spoken to for many years. I dont want that, my boyfriend knows me best, he should have control over my medical. If this was a hetrosexual marriage, the couple would have those rights. Is this fair?

If I were to die, my possessions would be transfered to my next of kin, my father. I dont want that though, I would prefer my boyfriend to get them, but the law of the land stops me.

When filling out a tax form, I miss out on the help and advantages that married people get.

To be honest with you, I dont care about the institution of marriage, I think its outdated to today's world, but because of the law of the land, everyone has to know about it.

To me its nothing more then a contract. You go in with your partner, sign a form, and you are now married, easy.

I move for the government to allow me equality, I want to be married or equivalent. (That means a Civil Union or Civil Partnership)

Bilbo Baggins
21 Aug 2010, 09:41am
Is this about civil partnership or marriage?

If getting a civil partnership has exactly the same benefits as being married....then there is nothing really to it. Marriage is a religious thing.....if there's no reason to get married rather than have a civil partnership except because you prefer one to the other/you're contradicting your religion and you're religious whilst gay......then they can QQ more.

You are aware that not all religions condemn homosexuality, if they are religious they aren't necessarily contradicting their religion.

Caution
21 Aug 2010, 10:04am
I oppose the ban on homosexual marriage. I dislike how so many jobs and opportunities ask if you're married. I understand it's a legal binding as well, even though it's created/managed religiously. Marriage is nice and useful if you're planning on having children or be a couple with someone due to the legal ties it puts on both of you. A lot of homosexuals aren't going to have children (because they can't, but they should be able o adopt), but they probably like the legal binds it gives.

Let's imply I am a homosexual here:

If I were to have a serious medical condition, the doctors would call my next of kin to sort it out. This means calling my father, my only living relative, and someone who I've not spoken to for many years. I dont want that, my boyfriend knows me best, he should have control over my medical. If this was a hetrosexual marriage, the couple would have those rights. Is this fair?

If I were to die, my possessions would be transfered to my next of kin, my father. I dont want that though, I would prefer my boyfriend to get them, but the law of the land stops me.

When filling out a tax form, I miss out on the help and advantages that married people get.

To be honest with you, I dont care about the institution of marriage, I think its outdated to today's world, but because of the law of the land, everyone has to know about it.

To me its nothing more then a contract. You go in with your partner, sign a form, and you are now married, easy.

I move for the government to allow me equality, I want to be married or equivalent. (That means a Civil Union or Civil Partnership)

You're missing the point; California has had a "Civil Union" for a decade. Everything you just mentioned is available to homosexuals joined in a civil union (at least in California, but considering this thread is based on California, I'm assuming we're still talking about that).

And you are wrong; asking "Are you married" in a job interview is illegal.

Harry
21 Aug 2010, 10:14am
You're missing the point; California has had a "Civil Union" for a decade. Everything you just mentioned is available to homosexuals joined in a civil union (at least in California, but considering this thread is based on California, I'm assuming we're still talking about that)
That's dandy and all. I just don't think that marriage is some "sacred" thing anymore. At best, it's a legal tie. If someone wants to think of it as some holy bond, feel free to, no one is stopping them.

And you are wrong; asking "Are you married" in a job interview is illegal.
I am pretty sure that they can ask that, at least I have been asked it when applying for jobs. If it's illegal to ask that, thanks for the information.

Caution
21 Aug 2010, 10:17am
That's dandy and all. I just don't think that marriage is some "sacred" thing anymore.

Eh that's pretty subjective though, it really just depends where you go.

I am pretty sure that they can ask that, at least I have been asked it when applying for jobs. If it's illegal to ask
that, thanks for the information.

http://labor-employment-law.lawyers.com/Job-Hunting/Job-Interviewing.html

Asking if you are married prior to being hired is federally illegal, just like if you have children, plan to have children, etc.

"Generally, an employer can ask you about things that test or measure your ability to do the job. Questions about your training, skills and education are good examples. On the other hand, questions about things that don't relate to the job are off-limits, like if you're married."

iNorris
21 Aug 2010, 11:37am
"Generally, an employer can ask you about things that test or measure your ability to do the job. Questions about your training, skills and education are good examples. On the other hand, questions about things that don't relate to the job are off-limits, like if you're married."

Actually, I would think that marriage would be highly relevant. If you have a family, that might mean you'll have more of a chance of missing work for emergencies like a birth or serious injury. I would think the employer would want to know if this married guy they might hire is going to have more complications than this other guy who is not tied to a family.

Caution
21 Aug 2010, 12:09pm
Actually, I would think that marriage would be highly relevant. If you have a family, that might mean you'll have more of a chance of missing work for emergencies like a birth or serious injury. I would think the employer would want to know if this married guy they might hire is going to have more complications than this other guy who is not tied to a family.

A job interviewer cannot ask that. Just like they can't ask if you own a car, have children, do you take drugs, how tall are you, how much do you weigh, how long your commute is, what your exact age is (although they can ask if you're over a certain age), what your race is, what your origin is, if you smoke or drink, how long you plan to work before you retire, etc. Legally, they can't even ask if you are a U.S. citizen.

Of course this is all up front; you can always rephrase it with "Are you legally allowed to work in the U.S.?" All of them can be rephrased, pretty much.

http://www.hrworld.com/features/30-interview-questions-111507/

iNorris
21 Aug 2010, 12:17pm
I always thought it was okay to ask those things if it was a privately owned business. Thank you for enlightening me (though I can't say anyone would ever ask me those question at my age lol).

Lordcrazy
21 Aug 2010, 03:02pm
I oppose this, because it is mostly a free country(my mind couldn't think of the correct right at this time) and they should be able to marry whomever they want. You are granted the rights of the Constitution if you are a White, male, property owner that last time I checked.

P.S. Sorry for the vague argument my mind wasn't working at the time.

Lux
21 Aug 2010, 03:23pm
You are aware that not all religions condemn homosexuality, if they are religious they aren't necessarily contradicting their religion.

Not to the scale of Saudi Arabia or anything but, America does seem to let it's religion (i.e. Christianity) meddle with politics.

Most religions do condemn homosexuality.....I'm not talking some random flying spaghetti monster/jedi stuff.

Bullet Wound
21 Aug 2010, 05:40pm
I support...marriage is a thing for religions, just because its not as closely affiliated with being religious now doesn't change what it is.

Pretty much anyone gay who also wants to get married are contradicting themselves....I can see that they want to get married with the person they love because its more of the "norm", but they need to start accepting the fact that its not for them.

Like Caution mentioned, they can just get a civil union, marriage is not for them.

Jazzyy
21 Aug 2010, 06:58pm
Uh married people get tax benefits, it's not really about getting "married", it's about how gays are getting hosed tax wise, that's kind of unconstitutional. It's like not allowing women to vote, etc.

You don't need to get married in a church, you can just sign a form for partnership and get on with your lives and your tax exemption (im not entirely sure what married people get tax wise, still havent gotten that down yet)

Another thing is that gays are STILL not allowed to adopt children in a lot of states, this is UTTER BULLSHIT.

Bilbo Baggins
21 Aug 2010, 07:31pm
I support...marriage is a thing for religions, just because its not as closely affiliated with being religious now doesn't change what it is.

Pretty much anyone gay who also wants to get married are contradicting themselves....I can see that they want to get married with the person they love because its more of the "norm", but they need to start accepting the fact that its not for them.

Like Caution mentioned, they can just get a civil union, marriage is not for them.

Hey I have a question for you then, would you be upset if marriage was something that was just made purely religious and the state just referred to everyone who go 'married' as being civil unionized, seeing as calling it marriage seems to be what upsets most people whom I get into this discussion with.

Desum
21 Aug 2010, 08:03pm
Uh married people get tax benefits, it's not really about getting "married", it's about how gays are getting hosed tax wise, that's kind of unconstitutional. It's like not allowing women to vote, etc.

You don't need to get married in a church, you can just sign a form for partnership and get on with your lives and your tax exemption (im not entirely sure what married people get tax wise, still havent gotten that down yet)

Another thing is that gays are STILL not allowed to adopt children in a lot of states, this is UTTER BULLSHIT.

if it was about taxes, then California's civil union would clear it all up.

Bullet Wound
21 Aug 2010, 08:10pm
Hey I have a question for you then, would you be upset if marriage was something that was just made purely religious and the state just referred to everyone who go 'married' as being civil unionized, seeing as calling it marriage seems to be what upsets most people whom I get into this discussion with.

I wouldn't be upset no, but I know plenty of non-religious people who have gotten married, so that doesn't make sense for you to do it.

Like I said the meaning of marriage has change, it is no longer solely a religious act.

But yes, the fact that it is called "marriage" is the point, there's nothing stopping anyone from doing the exact same thing as marriage and just renaming it to something else. I'm sure that would solve pretty well everything, assuming the gay community could accept not calling it marriage.

tacosndew
21 Aug 2010, 11:29pm
Support, Marriage is between a man and a woman. I'm a Christian and from a faith perspective, I find homosexuality repulsive. I know gays who are great people, but what they do is wrong in my eyes. Marriage has always been defined as I previously stated and should always be defined as such. Even though I find it wrong, they can legally have their civil unions, just don't call it marriage.

Shadowex3
22 Aug 2010, 02:35am
Support, Marriage is between a man and a woman. I'm a Christian and from a faith perspective, I find homosexuality repulsive. I know gays who are great people, but what they do is wrong in my eyes. Marriage has always been defined as I previously stated and should always be defined as such. Even though I find it wrong, they can legally have their civil unions, just don't call it marriage.

And what if there were a mainstream religion that didnt have an issue with gay marriage? would you refuse to allow them to call it a marriage?

There is only one legitimate legal and constitutional answer to this: The government cannot force churches to do anything any more than it can deny homosexuals the rights that heterosexuals get by marrying (hospital visitation, healthcare, custody, etc).

tacosndew
22 Aug 2010, 11:25am
And what if there were a mainstream religion that didnt have an issue with gay marriage? would you refuse to allow them to call it a marriage?

There is only one legitimate legal and constitutional answer to this: The government cannot force churches to do anything any more than it can deny homosexuals the rights that heterosexuals get by marrying (hospital visitation, healthcare, custody, etc).

Well there isn't any mainstream religion I know of that believes as such, and for a reason.

And once again, marriage has always been defined as a man and a woman, gays have their civil union.

SgtJoo
22 Aug 2010, 11:51am
Well there isn't any mainstream religion I know of that believes as such, and for a reason.

And once again, marriage has always been defined as a man and a woman, gays have their civil union.

(1) : the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2) : the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage

Merriam Webster begs to differ.

Also, Reform Judaism doesn't have an issue with same sex marriage and it's mainstream. GG.

c0bra067
22 Aug 2010, 12:16pm

well that's awful blunt. you make it sound like homosexuals are lepers or social outcasts when you say shit like that. has any gay person ever offended you? and in that case, have you ever gotten to know someone who's gay? or have you just hidden under you bible repeating what mommy and daddy have said? i honestly don't understand the reasoning behind why people won't let gay people get married and insist on imposing their personal and religious beliefs onto people. its not your life, stay out of it. society isn't being "corrupted" by homosexuality, and if its so evil, let them be cast to hell when the end of time comes. so what should you care. not your problem.

tacosndew
22 Aug 2010, 12:45pm
Reform Judaism doesn't have an issue with same sex marriage and it's mainstream. GG.

That's like saying Buddhism is mainstream, yeah it exists, but it isn't a dominant ideology in the world. GG.

well that's awful blunt. you make it sound like homosexuals are lepers or social outcasts when you say shit like that. has any gay person ever offended you? and in that case, have you ever gotten to know someone who's gay? or have you just hidden under you bible repeating what mommy and daddy have said? i honestly don't understand the reasoning behind why people won't let gay people get married and insist on imposing their personal and religious beliefs onto people. its not your life, stay out of it. society isn't being "corrupted" by homosexuality, and if its so evil, let them be cast to hell when the end of time comes. so what should you care. not your problem.

I know gays who are great people, but what they do is wrong in my eyes.

Hey, how about you read my other posts in this thread before you start talking.

And the reason people don't want gays to get married is because that isn't what marriage is. Also, gays are the ones imposing their beliefs onto people, not the other way around, because marriage has typically always been religious thing and even when it hasn't been it's between a man and a woman. So when gays want to enter into what is a covenant between two people of the oppsosite sex in no way is anything being forced on them because they are doing something considered "religious" if you will.

Jazzyy
22 Aug 2010, 01:11pm
That's like saying Buddhism is mainstream, yeah it exists, but it isn't a dominant ideology in the world. GG.

Hey, how about you read my other posts in this thread before you start talking.

And the reason people don't want gays to get married is because that isn't what marriage is. Also, gays are the ones imposing their beliefs onto people, not the other way around, because marriage has typically always been religious thing and even when it hasn't been it's between a man and a woman. So when gays want to enter into what is a covenant between two people of the oppsosite sex in no way is anything being forced on them because they are doing something considered "religious" if you will.

WHEN YOU GET MARRIED BY A PRIEST, THAT IS RELIGIOUS

WHEN YOU SIGN A CERTIFICATE OF PARTNERSHIP, THAT IS BEING LEGALLY MARRIED AND GIVES YOU CERTAIN TAX BENEFITS ON FORMS LIKE W-2'S AND W-4'S. IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT BEING ABLE TO GET MARRIED. IT'S ABOUT THE FUCKING MONEY.

also lol @ gays forcing their ideas on other people.
religion is fucking retarded and the quicker you understand that the quicker we'll be able to end dead horse topics like these.

If your church doesn't want to have two gays come along and get married, fine by fucking me, if you don't want gays to get tax benefits from the government because they are same sex couples, then i think you need to take a little walk down memory lane (black rights, womens rights, etc).

When you get married at a church you get your little party gimmicks and all your friends say "good job broseph!", that's all cool, but if you do this before you actually sign a certificate of partnership, then you aren't LEGALLY married.

That's why you usually do that like a week before. Getting married at a church is just a long running joke, you aren't actually married, it's a fucking gimmick.

tacosndew
22 Aug 2010, 01:32pm
WHEN YOU GET MARRIED BY A PRIEST, THAT IS RELIGIOUS

WHEN YOU SIGN A CERTIFICATE OF PARTNERSHIP, THAT IS BEING LEGALLY MARRIED AND GIVES YOU CERTAIN TAX BENEFITS ON FORMS LIKE W-2'S AND W-4'S. IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT BEING ABLE TO GET MARRIED. IT'S ABOUT THE FUCKING MONEY.

also lol @ gays forcing their ideas on other people.
religion is fucking retarded and the quicker you understand that the quicker we'll be able to end dead horse topics like these.

First of all that's incredibly ignorant and unwarranted. No wonder you have so much negative rep.

If your church doesn't want to have two gays come along and get married, fine by fucking me, if you don't want gays to get tax benefits from the government because they are same sex couples, then i think you need to take a little walk down memory lane (black rights, womens rights, etc).

Wow, how dull are you? It's called a civil union for the millionth fucking time. And blacks rights and Women's rights had to do with voting and equality, not marriage. Being gay is a sexual preference, not an ethnicity, not a gender.

The gay community keeps trying to show itself to the world as a minority that is being mistreated when the main difference is they have sex with men/men women/women. Don't even for one second compare the struggles that blacks and women had to go through to this bullshit.

When you get married at a church you get your little party gimmicks and all your friends say "good job broseph!", that's all cool, but if you do this before you actually sign a certificate of partnership, then you aren't LEGALLY married.

The reason they have you sign it is so they can keep track of who is married and such, that really has nothing to do with anything at this point.

That's why you usually do that like a week before. Getting married at a church is just a long running joke, you aren't actually married, it's a fucking gimmick.

Wrong, typically the couple gets married then goes into the back of the church of wherever they are at then they sign the documents. And it's not a gimmick you conceited prick, it's an affirmation of a pairs love and devotion to one another. And also from a religious view, it's to affirm it in the eyes of God.

Know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.

Shadowex3
22 Aug 2010, 02:53pm

Yes how dare they force their beliefs that they should be allowed hospital visitation rights, insurance coverage for their loved ones, custody of their children, and goddamn taxes on us. How DARE they act like they deserve the same legal rights and protections as any other loving couple.

Also, my dear ass, the main branches of buddhism (Taoism, straight buddhism, and hinduism) ARE major religions in a good chunk of the world.

Jizzy
22 Aug 2010, 04:57pm
Vote oppose .. !!

Lux
22 Aug 2010, 06:13pm

I'm fine with gay people being married but....I don't think gay people adopting children is fair on the children.

If the children want to be gay that's fine......but really it's undesirable and we shouldn't be encouraging people to be gay. Some believe you're born gay.....(I'm sure gays believe that)...but that's not proven at all and a child might become gay due to being with gay parents.

Jazzyy
22 Aug 2010, 06:52pm
I'm fine with gay people being married but....I don't think gay people adopting children is fair on the children.

If the children want to be gay that's fine......but really it's undesirable and we shouldn't be encouraging people to be gay. Some believe you're born gay.....(I'm sure gays believe that)...but that's not proven at all and a child might become gay due to being with gay parents.
Uhhh what? Currently right now in any states that allow gay adoption allow the child to also default back to foster care at any time (iirc). It's also not like you can't teach kids to be tolerant.

Wow, how dull are you? It's called a civil union for the millionth fucking time. And blacks rights and Women's rights had to do with voting and equality, not marriage. Being gay is a sexual preference, not an ethnicity, not a gender.

The gay community keeps trying to show itself to the world as a minority that is being mistreated when the main difference is they have sex with men/men women/women. Don't even for one second compare the struggles that blacks and women had to go through to this bullshit.So what, we're measuring discrimination now too? Doesn't mean fucking shit if it's your sexual preference, your gender, your ethnicity, your race, the color of your fucking shit. IT DOESN'T MATTER. THAT'S WHAT EQUALITY IS. YOU ARE GIVEN THE SAME RIGHTS AS EVERYONE FOR A REASON! Do you think they need to be enslaved first or what? Maybe we should kill off a few million gays before we can take them seriously?
Little do you fucking know gays have been discriminated long before women were given their rights or blacks were enslaved, it's been passed down, if you were gay, you were probably dead for being public about it, don't even bother trying to act like black people have it harder than gays when gays endured several decades of intolerance, discrimination, and worse of all, death. Just because they weren't coupled in a country doesn't mean we shouldn't acknowledge what has happened.

First of all that's incredibly ignorant and unwarranted. No wonder you have so much negative rep.
I have negative rep for spreading my beliefs and opinions? Oh.
Hint: It was a joke implying that gays force their opinions on others, so i forced my opinion on you.

Caution
22 Aug 2010, 07:50pm
I really hate how multiple fucking idiots come into threads and turn these into flame wars.

tacosndew
22 Aug 2010, 08:00pm
So what, we're measuring discrimination now too? Doesn't mean fucking shit if it's your sexual preference, your gender, your ethnicity, your race, the color of your fucking shit. IT DOESN'T MATTER. THAT'S WHAT EQUALITY IS. YOU ARE GIVEN THE SAME RIGHTS AS EVERYONE FOR A REASON! Do you think they need to be enslaved first or what? Maybe we should kill off a few million gays before we can take them seriously?
Little do you fucking know gays have been discriminated long before women were given their rights or blacks were enslaved, it's been passed down, if you were gay, you were probably dead for being public about it, don't even bother trying to act like black people have it harder than gays when gays endured several decades of intolerance, discrimination, and worse of all, death. Just because they weren't coupled in a country doesn't mean we shouldn't acknowledge what has happened.

I have negative rep for spreading my beliefs and opinions? Oh.
Hint: It was a joke implying that gays force their opinions on others, so i forced my opinion on you.

First off, that is the problem, being is gay is A SEXUAL PREFERENCE. NOT a race, ethnicity, gender. Gays have the same rights everyone does they just can't get married, because marriage is between a man and a woman for crying out loud, what don't you understand? I know this example is kinda extreme but we don't let a man marry an animal because that's not marriage. We don't let a man marry a man because that's not marriage. Don't be so fucking dramatic, we don't have to kill and enslave gays for them to be taken seriously. Gays are frowned upon because most people think it's wrong, whether you oppose or support that isn't my concern. But when you take the sanctity of marriage and try to change it to be something it's not, that is wrong.

And you have negative rep for being a self righteous asshole who is so blinded by his own misguided views, he refuses to hear anyone else's opinion, and flames anyone who disagrees.

Italian Jew
22 Aug 2010, 08:16pm
And you have negative rep for being a self righteous asshole who is so blinded by his own misguided views, he refuses to hear anyone else's opinion, and flames anyone who disagrees.

No, he just made the wrong people mad.

Also, if you flipped around this statement on you, it would still be accurate, so yeah....

I really hate how multiple fucking idiots come into threads and turn these into flame wars.

^

Jazzyy
22 Aug 2010, 09:23pm
because marriage is between a man and a woman
No, it isn't. Your logic is ignorant and foolish because you think that religion dictates the law. Remove your religious views and come back when you can fully understand what it means for two men to love eachother, because it's just the same as a man and women. :)

Desum
22 Aug 2010, 09:27pm
No, it isn't. Your logic is ignorant and foolish because you think that religion dictates the law. Remove your religious views and come back when you can fully understand what it means for two men to love eachother, because it's just the same as a man and women. :)

How about all of you remove the flaming in your posts and come back when you can argue topics using actual statements and tools of debate rather than stating each other's logic is inferior to their own as your main moving point.

Jazzyy
22 Aug 2010, 09:31pm
How about all of you remove the flaming in your posts and come back when you can argue topics using actual statements and tools of debate rather than stating each other's logic is inferior to their own as your main moving point.
Actual statements and tools of debate over an opinionated thread?

This isn't a factual argument, it's just opinions being bounced back and fourth, no reason to get your panties in a knot.

Caution
22 Aug 2010, 09:43pm
No, it isn't.

Actually, yes it is...in a sense. While He has the wrong reasons behind why he thinks so (you're right, marriage was not originally dictated by religion), his point is somewhat valid. Albeit it has changed quite a good deal from way back when, marriages were originally done to bind a man and a woman together so he knew his future children were biologically his; as well as gaining the woman's property when her parents died.

Neither of you are wrong, in a sense.

tacosndew
22 Aug 2010, 10:20pm

I don't think religion dictates law for everyone, although our law was founded on Christian principles. The idea of marriage was created by religion, so don't say such things if you can't even recognize it's origins. And religious views aside, marriage has always been between a man and a woman, you can't deny that. Two men loving each other in that way is vile and disgusting, it isn't the same as what a married man and woman have.

Italian Jew
22 Aug 2010, 10:41pm
Two men loving each other in that way is vile and disgusting, it isn't the same as what a married man and woman have.

Which is an opinion which really cannot be backed up when you see gay couples enjoying life more so than the many straight marriages that fail miserably. People without the opinion of Christianity or another religion (assuming they follow certain interpretations of their religion) do not view it as such.

It's the concept of equality vs. Sunday school.

Sander Cohen
23 Aug 2010, 12:49am
I definitely oppose Proposition 8, however I am not sure how I feel about it being overturned after it was voted on.

Shadowex3
23 Aug 2010, 02:25am
...because marriage is between a man and a woman for crying out loud, what don't you understand? I know this example is kinda extreme but we don't let a man marry an animal because that's not marriage. We don't let a man marry a man because that's not marriage....Gays are frowned upon because most people think it's wrong, whether you oppose or support that isn't my concern. But when you take the sanctity of marriage and try to change it to be something it's not, that is wrong.

You're using the exact same arguments that were once used against "miscegenation". They weren't valid then, they aren't valid now. You don't get to take that bullshit stick and magically make it ok just by beating a different dead horse with it.

Also the divorce rate is at least fifty fucking percent, WHAT sanctity exactly are you talking about?

I don't think religion dictates law for everyone, although our law was founded on Christian principles. The idea of marriage was created by religion, so don't say such things if you can't even recognize it's origins. And religious views aside, marriage has always been between a man and a woman, you can't deny that. Two men loving each other in that way is vile and disgusting, it isn't the same as what a married man and woman have.

No, no it f#@%ing wasn't and there's plenty of evidence proving the founding fathers were Deists at best and deliberately avoided "christian principles". Furthermore marriage hasn't always been between a man and a woman, nor has it always been "vile and disgusting". Only in a revisionist fundamentalist history that ignores pretty much everything outside of christendom can you make that kind of argument. The greeks for example mostly considered homosexual pederasty to be the highest form of love and marriage was little more than a business arrangement. Go east and you find similar attitudes throughout most of history until christianity hit the scene and started raping and murdering anything that disagreed.

I definitely oppose Proposition 8, however I am not sure how I feel about it being overturned after it was voted on.

How do you feel about Brown v Board of Education overturning segregation and jim crow laws? People tried to legislate prejudice and it got overturned. The system is working exactly as intended. That there are now people like Taco wharrgarbling about their "rights" being violated, the downfall of american values, and the sanctity of this and religion that because they can no longer actively restrict the rights of others is the same thing that happened after Brown. Hell Taco's even using almost the same wording as old anti-miscegenation arguments.

Lux
23 Aug 2010, 03:31am
Uhhh what? Currently right now in any states that allow gay adoption allow the child to also default back to foster care at any time (iirc). It's also not like you can't teach kids to be tolerant.

That means nothing. Anyone who was that homophobic that they'd want to move to someone else is never going to be gay anyway. Same can be said for your tolerance point......why would someone who's being influenced to be gay need to be taught tolerance? The child is the one who needs to be protected, not the parents.

You stick a child in the Taliban.....they might have the choice to leave but that doesn't mean they're going to instead of growing up to be in the Taliban too. Before you go off saying "Zomg you're comparing gays to the Taliban"...I'm not.....I'm comparing the similarity in circumstances......and how children raised in a gay home are more likely to be gay...even if those gay people do not mean it.

Kiwi
23 Aug 2010, 05:20am
BUT WHEN A MANNNNN LOVES A WOMA-

... Wait, why did I vote support ?

tacosndew
23 Aug 2010, 07:52pm
No, no it f#@%ing wasn't and there's plenty of evidence proving the founding fathers were Deists at best and deliberately avoided "christian principles". Furthermore marriage hasn't always been between a man and a woman, nor has it always been "vile and disgusting". Only in a revisionist fundamentalist history that ignores pretty much everything outside of christendom can you make that kind of argument. The greeks for example mostly considered homosexual pederasty to be the highest form of love and marriage was little more than a business arrangement. Go east and you find similar attitudes throughout most of history until christianity hit the scene and started raping and murdering anything that disagreed.

One of the only Deist founding fathers was Benjamin Franklin, most of them were Christians. If they weren't why would they base much of their work on the Bible, would they pray before every session and throughout it's proceedings? I think not. Also revisionism isn't typically a Christian deal of late. Typically it's liberal revisionism these days but nbd.

PotshotPolka
23 Aug 2010, 08:21pm
One of the only Deist founding fathers was Benjamin Franklin, most of them were Christians. If they weren't why would they base much of their work on the Bible, would they pray before every session and throughout it's proceedings? I think not. Also revisionism isn't typically a Christian deal of late. Typically it's liberal revisionism these days but nbd.

You don't have to be a liberal to smell bullshit. And while it wasn't all "freedom from religion" which classical liberalism like in the French case, it was still far from a theocracy. We're a quite religious nation believe it or not, have you ever seen an agnostic (let alone non-Christian) president put into office? Hell, there was a shitstorm in some communities when they found out Kennedy was Catholic. Public relations at the time dictated a little religious overtones couldn't hurt, but if you flip through the Constitution once or twice religion with the exception of it being allowed and that the government was to be secular was pretty much irrelevant.

We've kicked hardcore militant atheists out of this section for spewing crap, I wouldn't mind doing the same to a goddamn zealot that has nothing better to do but thump a bible on EVERY issue.

Caution
23 Aug 2010, 09:44pm

Considering the first recorded marriage was done in about 2350 B.C. in Mesopotamia, I'm calling not only bullshit, but retardation on your post, as well. Marriage in fact had 0 to do with love OR religion for the first couple hundred years it was present; it was used as a way for property to pass on to the daughter's family (considering women couldn't own property back then).

And gay marriage was practiced by the Greeks / Romans for about 300 years before Christianity even had the slightest thought of practicing marriages; Nero himself married two gays.

tacosndew
23 Aug 2010, 09:47pm
Considering the first recorded marriage was done in about 2350 B.C. in Mesopotamia, I'm calling not only bullshit, but retardation on your post, as well. Marriage in fact had 0 to do with love OR religion for the first couple hundred years it was present; it was used as a way for property to pass on to the daughter's family (considering women couldn't own property back then).

And gay marriage was practiced by the Greeks / Romans for about 300 years before Christianity even had the slightest thought of practicing marriages; Nero himself married two gays.

I meant in the U.S... That was horribly unclear and I apologize.

Bilbo Baggins
23 Aug 2010, 10:09pm
That means nothing. Anyone who was that homophobic that they'd want to move to someone else is never going to be gay anyway. Same can be said for your tolerance point......why would someone who's being influenced to be gay need to be taught tolerance? The child is the one who needs to be protected, not the parents.

You stick a child in the Taliban.....they might have the choice to leave but that doesn't mean they're going to instead of growing up to be in the Taliban too. Before you go off saying "Zomg you're comparing gays to the Taliban"...I'm not.....I'm comparing the similarity in circumstances......and how children raised in a gay home are more likely to be gay...even if those gay people do not mean it.

Okay, first off "ZOMG YOU'RE COMPARING GAYS TO THE TALIBAN1!!!!". Secondly care to present any sort of study or research or really anything that actually backs up you're claim? Because I have yet to hear of any real science which suggests you can "catch the gay", so yeah you're comparison is completely stupid.

Bullet Wound
24 Aug 2010, 12:07am
Okay, first off "ZOMG YOU'RE COMPARING GAYS TO THE TALIBAN1!!!!". Secondly care to present any sort of study or research or really anything that actually backs up you're claim? Because I have yet to hear of any real science which suggests you can "catch the gay", so yeah you're comparison is completely stupid.

No....hes right and it makes perfect sense.

The more you are presented something (be it an object, lifestyle choice, anything really) the more you will grow accustom to it.

More so, if you are told that the said object or whatever it is, is a good thing, you pretty much guaranteed to hold a positive opinion about it.

Although truthfully being gay more or less has to do with more of a biological nature, you certainly would not be opposed of it and more likely to actively accept it or participate in it.

Shadowex3
24 Aug 2010, 01:43am

From the treaty of tripoli, the preliminary of which was signed by George Washington him fucking self and the final version by John Adams:

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

On the origins of our law system (common law) in England, written by Thomas Jeffersin HIM fucking self:

"For we know that the common law is that system of law which was introduced by the Saxons on their settlement in England, and altered from time to time by proper legislative authority from that time to the date of Magna Charta, which terminates the period of the common law. . . This settlement took place about the middle of the fifth century. But Christianity was not introduced till the seventh century; the conversion of the first christian king of the Heptarchy having taken place about the year 598, and that of the last about 686. Here then, was a space of two hundred years, during which the common law was in existence, and Christianity no part of it."

Interesting how often people beat the "liberal revisionism" horse when all this time it has been the other side that has throughout history demanded books be burned and banned rather than read and discussed.

Kuro
24 Aug 2010, 02:13am
i accidentally support. I'm so confused over all this bullshit. Why do we always have to create a new law every time Americans discriminate against a group of people? I'm pretty sure the Constitution applies to EVERY U.S. Citizen whether they're a terrorist or like to fuck dead animals.

trakaill
24 Aug 2010, 01:10pm

^ why I supported but more shit needs to change

Delirium
25 Aug 2010, 10:26am
As long as they are not fucking in my bed, I don't care.

Tacos, your religion blinds you.

Jazzy, why are you still around?

I.J-potshot-caution and desum to some extent, thank you for expressing the majority of my views.

Simmons1114
25 Aug 2010, 12:04pm
yeah lets totally legalize homosexual marriage and tree marriage and animal marriage and pillow marriage and appliance marriage

sure none of those unions can produce children and serve no other purpose than the sick pleasure of their members

but its true love right?

Senior
25 Aug 2010, 12:39pm
Sure let them get married in churches, religion was made by man anyways so it really shouldnt if theyre married or just "partners".

Gumpy
25 Aug 2010, 01:09pm
appliance marriage

sure none of those unions can produce children and serve no other purpose than the sick pleasure of their members

but its true love right?

I'll have you know that the love between my toaster and I is purer than any love between a man and a woman.

Bullet Wound
25 Aug 2010, 01:48pm
yeah lets totally legalize homosexual marriage and tree marriage and animal marriage and pillow marriage and appliance marriage

but its true love right?

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/816601-man-marries-pillow

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2010/03/09/article-1268130775880-08A44469000005DC-332310_636x513.jpg

Kuro
25 Aug 2010, 03:58pm

but its true love right?

Man marries videogame character
hsikPswAYUM

tacosndew
25 Aug 2010, 05:38pm
Tacos, your religion blinds you

http://wroooooaaaaaahhhhhhhoooooaaaahhh.ytmnd.com/

that is all.

Shadowex3
25 Aug 2010, 07:09pm

but its true love right?

So you're cool with denying marriage to straight couples that can't have children too then?

Or were you just equating gays with a whole bunch of ridiculous bullshit because you can't actually come up with any argument not based on pick-and-choose religious prejudice that basically boils down to "i hate gays and they are evil".

You people don't seem to understand: You don't get to claim gays are Teh Evil and shouldnt be treated with basic human dignity because of God while simultaneously doing things he considered FAR worse than male-male buttfucking (the lyings of a woman with another man) and letting it go. Leviticus brings up buttfuckery almost as a side issue compared to how often the ENTIRE old testament bitches people out for working on the sabbath, dealing with pork, adultery (care to check the divorce rate?) and most of the 10 commandments.

Shadowex3
26 Aug 2010, 12:29am
Yeah well I'm a religious zealot, deal with it.

Hyperviolence
26 Aug 2010, 01:31pm
Shame on those who support this bullshit. It's fucking 2010, gays exist, stop the qq.

but its true love right?

So, with this logic, if any kind of STRAIGHT couple were not physically able to produce children (which is a very common thing), you would not allow them to marry? I'm sure adoption is absolutely out of the question for you, since you seem to think only straight couples can get married because they're absolutely capable of breeding.

And sick pleasures? What do you mean? Would you plan on getting married to a woman solely due to the fact that you want to spread your seed everywhere for the benefit of the human race? Because, sir, you would be doing us wrong.

Dracula
26 Aug 2010, 02:34pm
So, with this logic, if any kind of STRAIGHT couple were not physically able to produce children (which is a very common thing), you would not allow them to marry? I'm sure adoption is absolutely out of the question for you, since you seem to think only straight couples can get married because they're absolutely capable of breeding.

Seems to make sense to me. Marrige was originally mainly for the prupose of having children, so why should you gain the benefits if you cant.

Hyperviolence
26 Aug 2010, 04:03pm
Seems to make sense to me. Marrige was originally mainly for the prupose of having children, so why should you gain the benefits if you cant.

You do understand that people have always had children without marriage, right? Marriage isn't a device for mating, it's a devotion of love above anything else.

Dracula
26 Aug 2010, 04:06pm
You do understand that people have always had children without marriage, right? Marriage isn't a device for mating, it's a devotion of love above anything else.

More like a device to keep familys togethor to produce more children in a semi stable enviroment.

Caution
26 Aug 2010, 04:08pm

And sick pleasures? What do you mean? Would you plan on getting married to a woman solely due to the fact that you want to spread your seed everywhere for the benefit of the human race? Because, sir, you would be doing us wrong.

He's from Alabama; don't mind him.

Jazzyy
26 Aug 2010, 07:30pm
Jazzy, why are you still around?

Do I know you?

Simmons1114
27 Aug 2010, 12:25pm
the reason divorce rates are as high as they are is because ppl are incredibly immature the average 25 year old has the personality of your average 12 year old 50 years ago

and i dont need any sources
the responses are proof enough

edit] whenever anyone says "marriage should be abolished"
the word DOUCHBAG keeps popping into my head [edit

Shadowex3
27 Aug 2010, 02:24pm
the reason divorce rates are as high as they are is because ppl are incredibly immature the average 25 year old has the personality of your average 12 year old 50 years ago

and i dont need any sources
the responses are proof enough

edit] whenever anyone says "marriage should be abolished"
the word DOUCHBAG keeps popping into my head [edit

Oh yes they are, you have no idea...

Simmons1114
27 Aug 2010, 03:05pm
Oh yes they are, you have no idea...

i cant tell if your agreeing with me :biggrin:
sarcastically agreeing with me :mmph:
or ironically agreeing with me :huh:

or are you insinuating that i am responding to you in a immature way :sad2:
bringing a whole new level to "NO U"

on any account i salute you :thumb:

im am done with this thread feel free to continue to argue about things which no1 really cares strongly about :yawn:

SgtJoo
27 Aug 2010, 03:44pm
im am done with this thread feel free to continue to argue about things which no1 really cares strongly about :yawn:

The thread wouldn't be nine pages if nobody cared strongly about it :huh:

Kuro
27 Aug 2010, 05:34pm
divorce rate is up for many reasons. one is because many don't take those marriage vows very seriously. "till death do us part", "for better or for worse". I think a new vow should be added, "unless it was a friday night out with the guys and i got totally wasted and married a stripper and vise-versa"

Caution
27 Aug 2010, 06:47pm
divorce rate is up for many reasons. one is because many don't take those marriage vows very seriously. "till death do us part", "for better or for worse". I think a new vow should be added, "unless it was a friday night out with the guys and i got totally wasted and married a stripper and vise-versa"

Hmmm or possibly (oh, and I know, this is just SUCH a long shot) people don't give a fuck about how divorce is against the Catholic religion (and how Christians dislike it) like they did centuries ago. So now those same groups of people try and say "BUT BUT BUT THE BIBLE SAYS GAYS ARE BAD!" Excuse me, who exactly are you to pick and choose which sections of the bible you follow and others you deem invalid (not directed at anyone in particular)?

SgtJoo
27 Aug 2010, 06:56pm
Hmmm or possibly (oh, and I know, this is just SUCH a long shot) people don't give a fuck about how divorce is against the Catholic religion (and how Christians dislike it) like they did centuries ago. So now those same groups of people try and say "BUT BUT BUT THE BIBLE SAYS GAYS ARE BAD!" Excuse me, who exactly are you to pick and choose which sections of the bible you follow and others you deem invalid (not directed at anyone in particular)?

For the record I'm pretty sure most Reform/non-Orthodox Jewish movements are accepting of gays. (Not that that's a majority of Christian sects) I agree with what you're saying about the divorce rate Caution, I think that's exactly the reason. The Bible seems to be something you follow completely or not at all but I could be wrong as a lapsed/agnostic/Reform Jew/atheist.

trakaill
27 Aug 2010, 10:24pm
As Geene Simmons nicely put it: " Marriage is the worst FUCKING business contract a man can ever get in" Why do it??? Homo or not dont get married ;)

Shadowex3
27 Aug 2010, 11:23pm
For the record I'm pretty sure most Reform/non-Orthodox Jewish movements are accepting of gays. (Not that that's a majority of Christian sects) I agree with what you're saying about the divorce rate Caution, I think that's exactly the reason. The Bible seems to be something you follow completely or not at all but I could be wrong as a lapsed/agnostic/Reform Jew/atheist.

The orthodox are as well. The bible says nothing on homosexuality, it specifically prohibits the specific act of male-male buttfucking and things that "spill the seed" without purpose. On top of that lack of specific-hate for homosexuality itself there's also the jewish principle that "The law of the land is the law". Whatever they think they're officially supposed to keep it to themselves.

And since the Kohen Gadol and Sanhedrin are no longer in existence (along with the temple) there can be no death penalties proscribed, thus since the only punishments mentioned in the torah are that they can't do anything anyway.

tacosndew
28 Aug 2010, 01:16pm
The thread wouldn't be nine pages if nobody cared strongly about it :huh:

yeah, you just kinda made yourself look like a douche there simmons... :tongue:

SgtJoo
28 Aug 2010, 01:36pm
yeah, you just kinda made yourself look like a douche there simmons... :tongue:

So glad you contributed something useful to the discussion by posting that.

Shadowex3
28 Aug 2010, 02:49pm
I think everybody in this prop 8 thread needs to head over to the prop 19 thread and chillllllll duuuuuuuuudeeees.

Kuro
28 Aug 2010, 03:06pm
I think everybody in this prop 8 thread needs to head over to the prop 19 thread and chillllllll duuuuuuuuudeeees.

whats prop 19?

Gumpy
28 Aug 2010, 03:42pm
whats prop 19?

It's the legalization of cannabis.

Lux
28 Aug 2010, 04:04pm
It's the legalization of cannabis.

Prop 20 will be legalising prostitution.

tacosndew
28 Aug 2010, 08:35pm
So glad you contributed something useful to the discussion by posting that.

maybe read the whole thread... I did contribute a good deal from my side to this discussion, and I don't appreciate him saying things like that.

Jazzyy
29 Aug 2010, 12:02pm
It's pretty much legal at this point right now, most major prostitution busts are used as a add-on charge for big criminal figures that run multiple illicit operations.

Prostitution never hurt anybody! :D

SgtJoo
29 Aug 2010, 12:34pm

I hope so.

It's pretty much legal at this point right now, most major prostitution busts are used as a add-on charge for big criminal figures that run multiple illicit operations.

Prostitution never hurt anybody! :D

Except those that get forced into it...

Meh, it's still not legal for me to go open a brothel in uptown Charlotte.

Senior
29 Aug 2010, 03:16pm
Except those that get forced into it...

Meh, it's still not legal for me to go open a brothel in uptown Charlotte.

Maybe you should turn 18 bro.

SgtJoo
29 Aug 2010, 03:49pm
Maybe you should turn 18 bro.

Maybe I already am?

It's still illegal for me to open a brothel... unless I move to Nevada.

Bubbles
25 Oct 2010, 01:55pm
super old thread, I realize
but id like to point out really quick

If any of you
ANY OF YOU

Get in my way
of marrying Caution

Ill fucking kill you.

Caution
25 Oct 2010, 06:40pm
super old thread, I realize
but id like to point out really quick

If any of you
ANY OF YOU

Get in my way
of marrying Caution

Ill fucking kill you.

:love:

Bubbles
25 Oct 2010, 07:21pm
:love:

Right back atcha babe.

Thank god im a morman, otherwise id have to divorce jen before marrying you

PotshotPolka
25 Oct 2010, 10:07pm
D2W is gonna be the third leg in the wolf pack.

TheVirus
1 Nov 2010, 09:25pm
Separation of church and state. If you can't understand that then you have no right to vote. Religion has no place in politics, unless they want to be taxed like the rest of us. If your reasoning behind political ideologies is from a religious backing, then you are fucking up our country for the rest of us. We are not a theocracy and we never will be.

If what someone does behind closed doors, in their own private lives bothers you, then you need to get over your closed-mindedness bullshit and realize that the world does not revolve around you and your beliefs. People should have the right to do whatever they please (as long as no one or nothing is harmed), including marriage and smoking pot.

I know I'm going to sound like dick with my next remark, but I honestly believe it. I cannot wait for all the old people to die off in the next 20 years so our country can start progressing again. Politicians pander to the lowest common denominator and old people are a certainty they rely on. They have nothing to do but bitch, moan, protest, and vote. They are easily persuaded and are stubborn to let go of their inane beliefs for the betterment of our society. Just feed them FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) and they'll do whatever they can to keep the evil gay boogiemen away.

I am so sick and tired of this country's backwards ass thinking when it comes to rights of the individual. I am so sick and tired that people don't give a flying fuck about what BP did in the Gulf, but are more than willing to protest soldier funerals, the president, and oppose gay marriage. I am so sick and tired of people believing every word a politician says without doing any bit of research; they vote for them because that politician pandered to them and their fears. I am so sick and tired of people just not giving a fuck about our rights; federal agencies and corporations have been given retroactive immunity in illegal and warrantless wiretapping on US citizens. People don't give a shit because they believe the lie that it was for the protection of the US and to stop 'terror'. Keep buying into that bullshit and we'll all be living in a true tyrannical country.

Simply put, do some research before you blindly vote for a politician that lies and makes empty promises. Vote for your fellow man, not for your religious beliefs. Vote because you want to help this nation become great again and keep the government from stripping us of our rights each and every day. If you cannot backup why you voted for who/what, then you are a disgrace to each and every citizen of this country -- past, present and future.

Dracula
1 Nov 2010, 09:54pm
Separation of church and state. If you can't understand that then you have no right to vote. Religion has no place in politics, unless they want to be taxed like the rest of us. If your reasoning behind political ideologies is from a religious backing, then you are fucking up our country for the rest of us. We are not a theocracy and we never will be.

If what someone does behind closed doors, in their own private lives bothers you, then you need to get over your closed-mindedness bullshit and realize that the world does not revolve around you and your beliefs. People should have the right to do whatever they please (as long as no one or nothing is harmed), including marriage and smoking pot.

I know I'm going to sound like dick with my next remark, but I honestly believe it. I cannot wait for all the old people to die off in the next 20 years so our country can start progressing again. Politicians pander to the lowest common denominator and old people are a certainty they rely on. They have nothing to do but bitch, moan, protest, and vote. They are easily persuaded and are stubborn to let go of their inane beliefs for the betterment of our society. Just feed them FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) and they'll do whatever they can to keep the evil gay boogiemen away.

I am so sick and tired of this country's backwards ass thinking when it comes to rights of the individual. I am so sick and tired that people don't give a flying fuck about what BP did in the Gulf, but are more than willing to protest soldier funerals, the president, and oppose gay marriage. I am so sick and tired of people believing every word a politician says without doing any bit of research; they vote for them because that politician pandered to them and their fears. I am so sick and tired of people just not giving a fuck about our rights; federal agencies and corporations have been given retroactive immunity in illegal and warrantless wiretapping on US citizens. People don't give a shit because they believe the lie that it was for the protection of the US and to stop 'terror'. Keep buying into that bullshit and we'll all be living in a true tyrannical country.

Simply put, do some research before you blindly vote for a politician that lies and makes empty promises. Vote for your fellow man, not for your religious beliefs. Vote because you want to help this nation become great again and keep the government from stripping us of our rights each and every day. If you cannot backup why you voted for who/what, then you are a disgrace to each and every citizen of this country -- past, present and future.

I lol'd.

Bubbles
2 Nov 2010, 01:29am
I lol'd.

I hope you aren't a religious fuckwit. Because then, everyone will think that whatever you say, is bullshit =)

Oh wait, im quoting dracula

=) I hope your daddy is abusive and your uncle very handsy.

SgtJoo
2 Nov 2010, 11:18am
I hope you aren't a religious fuckwit. Because then, everyone will think that whatever you say, is bullshit =)

I don't even

Dracula
2 Nov 2010, 01:43pm

Na, I hate religion though it does have its uses.

Simmons1114
3 Nov 2010, 09:12am
i didnt read any of this thread just saying it got passed so gays need to go to a different state to get married THE END

Kuro
10 Nov 2010, 10:19am
last word: gays + weddings = economic recovery! =p

Caution
10 Nov 2010, 05:21pm
i didnt read any of this thread just saying it got passed so gays need to go to a different state to get married THE END

Then come back to Cali and have it recognized by the government anyways lol.

jeN
10 Nov 2010, 05:38pm

but its true love right?

http://i53.tinypic.com/9ie6w8.jpg

Jazzyy
11 Nov 2010, 08:03pm
Love with other people =/= Love with inanimate objects