PDA

View Full Version : SgtJoo's Internet/Connection Issues(Lag choke etc)

SgtJoo
19 Aug 2010, 12:37pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Internet/Connection Issues(Lag choke etc) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Symantec Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Dell What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
Studio Please state your problem here
So I have a wireless router with two computers hard wired in and one connected through a wireless adapter. (TP-Link I think, in the PCI slot) For some reason my connection just dropped and in the system tray it says connected to "unidentified network" with a "Identifying..." and "No Internet Access". Could it be that my router just blew up? I tethered my phone using it's 3G signal and it can connect to that so I don't think it's the adapter or the computer.

I'm talking about the wireless computer, the two wired computers are still getting internet. Halp?

Labarr
19 Aug 2010, 02:34pm
have u tried resetting he router to factory settings(a small button on the back) and power cycling it?

SgtJoo
19 Aug 2010, 04:35pm
Disregard this, I'm a noob who can't install a driver properly. :D

Labarr
19 Aug 2010, 05:00pm
Disregard this, I'm a noob who can't install a driver properly. :D
well have u tried resetting the router? by pressing the little button on the back or bottom?
also what wireless router do you have.. if you tell me the make/model i will be able to give more detailed instructions.

ReGIONALS
19 Aug 2010, 05:30pm
well have u tried resetting the router? by pressing the little button on the back or bottom?
also what wireless router do you have.. if you tell me the make/model i will be able to give more detailed instructions.

why are you trying to give him help after hes posted that he found the problem????
also restarting the modem/router would do nothing it would be a problem in the wireless adapter

Labarr
19 Aug 2010, 06:47pm
why are you trying to give him help after hes posted that he found the problem????
also restarting the modem/router would do nothing it would be a problem in the wireless adapter

o im sry. i read this whole thing wrong.. :sad2::cry:

SgtJoo
19 Aug 2010, 07:54pm
It's working now, but my ping is literally >9000... I think it's my ISP though so...

Shadowex3
20 Aug 2010, 04:44pm
Do a speedtest (also checks ping) on the wired and the wireless machines. If your ping is still abysmal blame them.

SgtJoo
20 Aug 2010, 05:55pm
Do a speedtest (also checks ping) on the wired and the wireless machines. If your ping is still abysmal blame them.

Yeah I did a speedtest on the wired connection and I can blame my shitty download speed on the wireless router... but I did a pingtest and it was spiking on the wired connection as well. :sad2:

It's okay, I'm moving back into my dorm tomorrow, my parent's Internet is from clearwire or clear if your prefer and it's jumpy as shit.