PDA

View Full Version : Rdming

Shine
17 Aug 2010, 11:58pm
Yea i know i was a rdmer in the TTT server but i stopped and will never do it again.

See the thing is we should add a feature to the server when an innocent kills an innocent ( RDM) that innocent will get slayed automatically. It would be easier because admins wouldnt have to be there to slay the RDMers themselves. Im sure this will stop the RDM trend that is going on in the server. Also if the rdmer keeps rdming he will get banned if we have a feature. I know admins dont want to be bothered all the time by people playing on server messaging them saying " OMGZ WE GOT A RDMER!!! COME NOW".

Is it possible to make this type of feature?

Faileron
18 Aug 2010, 02:17am
Its a good idea however it has one big drawback, Traitors love confusion. Traitors will often try to accuse others or plant evidence to make it look like other people, meaning that an innocent is killed and another one get slayed so thats 2 down.

Another problem with that is many traitors use the fact that some1 is suspicious to kill them without being thought to be a traitor, if they did this to an innocent and weren't slayed then he would be shown as a traitor.

The idea has potential however i don't think it is feasible after just 1 innocent dieing as some rdms happen by accident.

Dimitry
18 Aug 2010, 03:32am
Perhaps something like it removes 25 hp or that?
Just like faileron said, it kinda kills the idea of creating confusion and turning people against each others(which is fun when your traitor :P)
Personal i would say leave it as it is. If people rdm then demo them or call a admin.
But i do see your point.

P3rg3
18 Aug 2010, 05:38am
No.
People make mistakes, and not everyone is trying to RDM.
Sometimes you kill an innocent, shit happens.

Leave it as it is, it's part of TTT.

Harro (Ignore)
18 Aug 2010, 05:26pm
There should just be something to stop mass RDMing, like if you kill 2+ innocents in one round = Autoslay.

Kiwi
18 Aug 2010, 06:04pm
Don't add anything. Sometimes the evidence is seriously against an innocent.

Jeaneh
18 Aug 2010, 06:36pm
I love that aspect of TTT, framing people for something they didn't do. It's part of the game mode.

newt
19 Aug 2010, 12:45pm
I think they should add something like this but based on time and kills. If you kill a certain amount of innocents in a certain amount of time, lets say 3 people in 15 seconds, you can tell that person is an RDMer and they are automatically slayed.

Nasu
19 Aug 2010, 12:55pm
Nothing should be added, its all part of the game.

And to get a better answer, go to the official forums :/

(von dutch) delta force 8
19 Aug 2010, 01:34pm
I think we should add something like an admin who can just roll in and help evryone out,. or perhaps people that record demos so that this person can get banned.... oh wait :\

Methelod
19 Aug 2010, 01:51pm
How about we increase the karma punishment, that way if someone accidentally rdms they stop and won't kill because they want their karma to go up but a true rdmer will just keep doing it and get banned.

ConnorC
19 Aug 2010, 04:40pm
TTT is fine, yeah, the occasional rdmer, but, look at the amount of sg admins +, the server hardly get's rdmer's and when it does an admin is on, or there are at least some regular's on the ttt server, which can contact an admin to come on straight away. To be honest nothing need's to be changed, ttt is fine.

And if you put a higher karma punishment innocents would be more careful about killing, which would be a pure give away for traitor's trying to frame people.

Traitor kill's someone for any reason (Some guy saying it was him, him firing around, acting suspicious, etc)

Id's body
T:'Oh he's innocent, who said it was him?'
I: 'FUCK HE'S THE TRAITOR, HE DIDN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT LOSING 100+ KARMA!!!'

spartan 117
19 Aug 2010, 05:32pm
TTT is fine, yeah, the occasional rdmer, but, look at the amount of sg admins +, the server hardly get's rdmer's and when it does an admin is on, or there are at least some regular's on the ttt server, which can contact an admin to come on straight away. To be honest nothing need's to be changed, ttt is fine.

And if you put a higher karma punishment innocents would be more careful about killing, which would be a pure give away for traitor's trying to frame people.

Traitor kill's someone for any reason (Some guy saying it was him, him firing around, acting suspicious, etc)

Id's body
T:'Oh he's innocent, who said it was him?'
I: 'FUCK HE'S THE TRAITOR, HE DIDN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT LOSING 100+ KARMA!!!'

sadly your example happens in different ways:

traitor drops pistol (accidentally pressing q) and rushes to pick it up

innocent player rdms him and spews bullshit about him dropping a knife and not the pistol he really dropped

next round ex traitor rdms him and spews shit that he had reasonable evidence that he might be traitor / retard bullshit.

the cycle goes infinitely.

Octa
20 Aug 2010, 03:05pm
The only real problem ive ever had with rdmers on the sg server is when a dick wants the round to end and randomly kills me, or when a dick has to leave, sees me, kills me, then says i g2g and disconnects. In my opinion, the latter should be temp bannable or something. The first is just a slay. There are enough admins on that neither of these two are that big of problems.