PDA

View Full Version : DNA testing on ALL items

PotshotPolka
15 Aug 2010, 08:58pm
I'm sorry, but why the fuck does a DNA tester work on any kill now? I deagled someone earlier, and some tested the body and it led them straight to me. Isn't that kinda overkill? Now any kill can be traced by a detective, as if knives being testable and the last person seen wasn't enough. Can it be changed back to the old version, I'd hate to have to go elsewhere because this is a fucking gamebreaker.

EDIT: Apparently this was a written into the script and its on all servers, guess I shouldn't be venting here. Well RIP any semblance of balance on TTT, it was fun while it lasted.

Metal
15 Aug 2010, 09:09pm
Lame.
C4 also has dna?

Harro (Ignore)
15 Aug 2010, 09:30pm
C4 only shows DNA if it is defused.

Long range kills shouldn't show up w/ DNA.

Get a Flare Gun.

PotshotPolka
15 Aug 2010, 09:43pm
I'd prefer it if my bullets didn't come prepackaged with DNA tucked inside of them.

Bilbo Baggins
15 Aug 2010, 09:47pm
Wait I thought it was like this for awhile now where if you were within a certain distance DNA was left on the body... or do I just suck that much with a DNA scanner that I never noticed otherwise

u egg
16 Aug 2010, 12:50pm
^ So do I. I thought there was DNA left on the body ONLY if you shot the guy from a short distance.

spartan 117
17 Aug 2010, 01:53pm
im pretty sure anyone within good short distances from the kill has their dna nicely packaged on the body until the timer goes on the body for the dna expiration. useful for framing a fellow traitor with the same weapon standing next to your kill when at a far distance. (i did it once)

EDIT

i should mention that he discharged his rifle earlier and hid that body, using a single round. so my one shot 1 kill was not so good for him standing next to someone with a missing bullet in his rifle.

edit

another mention is that i dropped the gun somewhere in the sewer area of the map (dont remember what it was called) and the detective found it and scanned. so remember kids, hide your dirty gun where noone goes. always make sure your guns are clean with no shot off rounds. and avoid handling a gun that may be linked to a string of kills. it is probably dirty. and that means the death of you if you are caught with it or they find it with your dna on it.

Dark Torcher
17 Aug 2010, 06:15pm
you leave no dna if you shoot from a long distance, eg scout

Nasu
18 Aug 2010, 06:48am
im pretty sure anyone within good short distances from the kill has their dna nicely packaged on the body until the timer goes on the body for the dna expiration. useful for framing a fellow traitor with the same weapon standing next to your kill when at a far distance. (i did it once)

EDIT

i should mention that he discharged his rifle earlier and hid that body, using a single round. so my one shot 1 kill was not so good for him standing next to someone with a missing bullet in his rifle.

edit

another mention is that i dropped the gun somewhere in the sewer area of the map (dont remember what it was called) and the detective found it and scanned. so remember kids, hide your dirty gun where noone goes. always make sure your guns are clean with no shot off rounds. and avoid handling a gun that may be linked to a string of kills. it is probably dirty. and that means the death of you if you are caught with it or they find it with your dna on it.

The part in red isnt true. And if you want changes for TTT, you should go to the official forum :/

2DG
18 Aug 2010, 10:40am
Ok, I'll explain how it is like, as an admin on the most popular TTT servers on gmod, I know it.
The time that the DNA will stay on the body, is based on the distance, the maximum amount of time is 2 minutes and 30 seconds, this could've been changed, anyhow, a thrown knife goes in another way, if I'm not mistaken, a thrown knife has 30 seconds ATLEAST less then a stab knife.
So remember, always throw it if you want to leave as less dna as possible.

Cookie
18 Aug 2010, 11:45am
Ok, I'll explain how it is like, as an admin on the most popular TTT servers on gmod, I know it.
The time that the DNA will stay on the body, is based on the distance, the maximum amount of time is 2 minutes and 30 seconds, this could've been changed, anyhow, a thrown knife goes in another way, if I'm not mistaken, a thrown knife has 30 seconds ATLEAST less then a stab knife.

Knives have permanent DNA on them . . .

Spartan
24 Aug 2010, 04:49pm

Firstly, I'm pretty sure you hated SG and didn't wanna post here again, never mind helping people understand something you probably know hardly anything about.

Secondly, your first sentence is pretty lol. We care? Why did you add that? Do you need the self-esteem boost or the extra friends? Come on 3dg, any community that lets you be admin is obviously fail. Nothing else to it. :thumb:

Also yes, knives are permanent for dna. Dna gets left on distance. The closer you are the more time you are given. BKU wants to encourage people hiding bodies. Therefore you should hide them, if you don't want the dna given out.