PDA

View Full Version : Huwajux's Internet/Connection Issues(Lag choke etc)

Huwajux
15 Aug 2010, 10:59am
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Internet/Connection Issues(Lag choke etc) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows Vista If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Norton Internet Security 360 Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
COMPAQ What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
GV329AA-ABU Please state your problem here
I've been receiving short but frequent lag spikes in all online games. They happen every few minutes or so and lag me out for about 3-5 seconds. For example, if I'm playing Team Fortress 2 everything will freeze and I'll receive the connection problem message in the top right corner. It does the 30 second auto-disconnect countdown (like when servers crash or reboot) but since it doesn't last that long I'm back playing again within a few seconds.

When the lag disappears everything will happen at once as if it's catching up. It's particularly annoying in competitive games, since when the lag stops I'll either be dead, low on health or running into a corner somewhere.

Jager
15 Aug 2010, 05:08pm
wireless? if so have you checked the vista wireless lag fix?

Huwajux
16 Aug 2010, 01:23pm
wireless? if so have you checked the vista wireless lag fix?
Yeah wireless. What is this fix you speak of?

Labarr
17 Aug 2010, 10:01pm
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/835328.html

Huwajux
18 Aug 2010, 01:32pm
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/835328.html
That's pretty confusing and looks a little patchy. The guy doesn't seem too confident in what he's wrote. Plus, the lag I get doesn't go off every 60 seconds, it in fact seems to go off fairly randomly. It can happen in relatively quick succession to not happening for up to 5+ minutes.

Neji
18 Aug 2010, 01:40pm
I get the same problem. I'm not on wireless, however my mom in the other room uses the same internet as me (She's on wireless). It doesnt happen often, but it does happen to me. But I lag for about 20 seconds. If it happens the second time, it's 40 seconds...

Shit gets annoying when it kicks me out of RP when I have like 3 money printers and bunch of guns :/

Morningafter
18 Aug 2010, 02:37pm
Ya if someone has a fix for this i'd be really grateful.......i'm using xp not vista......but I too use wireless and every 5min or so like Huwa says I feel freeze for 4-5 seconds. 99% of the time when i freeze im dead by either some guy who knifed me from 10ft away or i got shot in the head.....really lame when playing css lol.

Huwajux
22 Aug 2010, 12:24pm
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- (http://www.virginmedia.com/)

God I hope this is fixed soon lol. Problem on their end, did some research and it's affecting everyone, so at least I'm not alone.

Labarr
22 Aug 2010, 06:46pm
ya if you look at my threads, i have this issue to in windows 7. Fuck valve