PDA

View Full Version : Equal spread of Admin

Faileron
13 Aug 2010, 11:36am
Now I understand that the DarkRP server is new and everyone (including admins) want to play it however, i have noticed that this has had an affect on the number of admins that come on TTT. Earlier today there was rdming and racism (who i have just reported) and i thought id check how many admin were on DarkRP, and there were 7 admins in RP and not a single one in TTT.

Im not saying that people should be forced not to play DarkRP, just that they shouldnt forget that TTT still needs admisn to watch over it from time to time.

Suzaku
13 Aug 2010, 12:05pm
IMO, DarkRP is harder to maintain then TTT.

Faileron
13 Aug 2010, 12:29pm
True but in the intervening time there are no admisn monitoring TTT and so people are rdming and insulting people, im just saying that, during this time, admins need to remember the other Gmod server.

jeN
13 Aug 2010, 12:42pm
Well.. admins aren't paid to do this, they're players just like you. So of course they want to play the new server, or play with their friends. We can't force admins to play a game they don't want to especially when players have the option of putting in player complaints. You could also add admins who generally play TTT to your friends list and ask if they can come in to deal with a rule breaker. Generally most admins will join unless they're busy or simply can't.

TL:DR: there is no way for this to ever happen, as annoying as it might be. We aren't going to force admins to play a server, nor are we going to say "theres too many admins on here, go to the other server." Put in player complaints or add admins that play the servers you do to your friends list and ask them.

Faileron
13 Aug 2010, 01:07pm
Now I understand that the DarkRP server is new and everyone (including admins) want to play it however, i have noticed that this has had an affect on the number of admins that come on TTT. Earlier today there was rdming and racism (who i have just reported) and i thought id check how many admin were on DarkRP, and there were 7 admins in RP and not a single one in TTT.

Im not saying that people should be forced not to play DarkRP, just that they shouldnt forget that TTT still needs admisn to watch over it from time to time.

As you can see from the bolded part, I am not saying force them to play, just remeind them that the TTT is still there and needs to be monitored. I know they are not paid but isnt the reason they got admin rights is so they could control players on all SG servers? As others have said the problem may be short term and resolve itself but in the short term it could hurt the TTT server.

Also, I do not have many admins added, correct, but even if i did im sure they would get fairly tired of me asking them to constantly come and monitor if they are having fun, so rather then pester a few admins i thought i would bring it to the attention of everyone.

P.S whoops sorry yes this should of gone into player complaints, could some1 move it or do i have to make a new thread?

Supa
13 Aug 2010, 01:16pm
Faileron,

Most admins are aware of the TTT server. If you see someone doing something against the rules. Make a demo, get a screenshot, and post a complaint. It's that easy!

You are just as capable of doing something.

I would also recommend getting on vent, there you will find people who would be more than willing to help you out.

You may add me, I rarely say no to someone who needs me to watch someone on a server.

Harro (Ignore)
13 Aug 2010, 09:15pm
DarkRP is hard to monitor because the admins themselves argue about the rules. -.-

Metal
13 Aug 2010, 09:22pm
give us a call if something happens.
Add us to FL

Cypher
15 Aug 2010, 11:00am
Well.. admins aren't paid to do this, they're players just like you. So of course they want to play the new server, or play with their friends. We can't force admins to play a game they don't want to especially when players have the option of putting in player complaints. You could also add admins who generally play TTT to your friends list and ask if they can come in to deal with a rule breaker. Generally most admins will join unless they're busy or simply can't.

TL:DR: there is no way for this to ever happen, as annoying as it might be. We aren't going to force admins to play a server, nor are we going to say "theres too many admins on here, go to the other server." Put in player complaints or add admins that play the servers you do to your friends list and ask them.

That doesnt excuse them of their responsibility though, yes i get what your saying, they should get to play the server they want, and they can, but someones gotta be on ttt, all it takes is 1 or 2 admins there which we often dont have there.

and just liek you, jen, you cant just blow off some important responsibility that was given to you, you may nto want to do it, but you do, same goes for CA's and same should go for SA's.

Chêvouÿx
15 Aug 2010, 11:11am
give us a call if something happens.

iCHFVTQKqdQ

---

Ok, in seriousness:

Admins have lives. I get where you're coming from and completely understand, but you yourself need to also understand that admins aren't going to be available 24/7; there are others things which admins would like to do other than policing. Besides, it's your so-called "responsibility" as a regular to contribute to the community and fill the servers, isn't it? So why not contribute and make player complaints?
Put admins on your friends list and bring them in when trouble-makers are in the server.
If you want to call us admins lazy and irresponsible, then why don't you become an apprentice admin? Even if you can't ban as an apprentice, an apprentice can kick, mute, record demos, file player complaints, and admittedly intimidate with your admin tag. Sign up, or don't complain. It's annoying to hear players moan when they don't offer many plausible solutions themselves.

P3rg3
15 Aug 2010, 11:19am
DarkRP is boring, TTT all the way.