PDA

View Full Version : Turtlefiish's Sound Issues

Turtlefiish
12 Aug 2010, 06:09pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Sound Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows XP If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
Dell does not supply updated version in their support area. Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Norton (I have checked and it is not a viral problem) Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Dell What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
The make is registered as Multimedia Audio Controller and gives no number (It gives no further information in the Device Manager) Please state your problem here
The Multimedia Audio Controller on my Dell Demension 5000 does not work, All areas to change sound settings on the computer either give an error or are greyed out and unselectable.
Annoyingly it will not give the name of the Multimedia Audio Controller though it says that one is installed. (I do not have the Dell recovery disk)

The problem may be to blame with a recent Hard-drive wipe and re-installation of Windows XP but all other drivers are functioning so I am not sure.

I have tried un-installing and resetting the driver and installing a different driver that worked when I last had the problem before the wipe and does not work this time around.

Wrathek
13 Aug 2010, 08:40am
have you installed the intel chipset drivers first? integrated audio will not function/the drivers will not work properly unless the chipset driver is installed first.

also, not having the CD is no excuse, support.dell.com exists for this purpose.

ill edit this post later with the 2 download links you need, bc the site is slow as molasses today

Turtlefiish
13 Aug 2010, 06:37pm
Thank you for the advice on the chipset, I found the chipset for my computer, installed it and now the sound problem is resolved.