PDA

View Full Version : Fortress Survival

iNorris
9 Aug 2010, 10:13pm
After a laborious testing process over the course of a week of gaming, I hereby decree that Fortress Survival (GMod gamemode) would be wildly popular. If I recall, Garfield has some more servers on his dedi, so I would think there would be room.

Now what is Fortress Survival, you ask? Indeed, it is a slightly obscure gamemode that was only just recently introduced to me by Boobcake. The aim of the game is to survive as long as possible without several stone crosses (placed around the map) being destroyed by the waves of zombies. A build phase allows players to place barriers to slow zombies. Several classes are included with special attributes, and what's more, there are built in supporter perks (at least on the server we were on).

Pros: a good variety of classes; random drop system for helpful items; guns aren't clumsy like in Zombie Survival; and most importantly, weapon upgrades are achieved by damage dealt, not kills/assists, a clumsy, imprecise method featured in Zombie Survival.

Cons: shitty maps, lots of them, either too hard or too easy; for some reason the freeze on the phys gun didn't work consistently and took several tries.

Of course, it is way too early to add a new server and take away from the new TF2 server's fan base (possibly). I'm only throwing this out there, please don't mock me. I'm a fragile flower.

ScubaToaster
9 Aug 2010, 10:26pm
Looks interesting, I would like to try this out. I never liked zombie survival because of lack of uniqueness I didn't play. This looks to be both fresh and neat. Though some of the cons listed sound horrible, I would support.

P.S. iNorris, I don't hurt flowers :O

Bilbo Baggins
9 Aug 2010, 10:51pm
Sounds interesting I'll have to track down a server on gmod sometime. Hopefully its better than zombie survival because I played that once and hated hated it.

ps I stop on and kill flowers fun <3

Nasu
10 Aug 2010, 02:06am
Its fun, but it really needs good maps :)

LunarKirby
10 Aug 2010, 02:27am
I arrested you for drugs loool.
But either way when I played it the maps were really laggy, unless theres a good map that can be found then that would be good.
Also, this mod is just like normal rp, except you can go out hunting zombies just to gain some money.

Dirty Sanchez
10 Aug 2010, 02:42am
Also, this mod is just like normal rp, except you can go out hunting zombies just to gain some money.

I don't see how it's anything like RP besides gaining credits. You don't really "hunt" zombies either. It's all about teamwork.

AFAIK the mod hasn't been released to public. There were only 3 servers hosting the mod a year ago (when it was first released.) When I started playing around a week ago, the only FS server was LouFang's. He's not that active anymore, but adding him on steam and asking for the mod seems like the only way to get it. If we do get our hands on the mod, it would need much better maps to keep it alive.

WabOuhlnOlo

iNorris
10 Aug 2010, 07:26am
I arrested you for drugs loool.
But either way when I played it the maps were really laggy, unless theres a good map that can be found then that would be good.

No. The mod I'm talking about is totally different. There are no drugs, no cops, no stuff like that. Simply classes like pyro, gunner, heavy weapons, etc. 'cading and then defending in a relatively small map.

And it took me a while to realize that Dirty was Tyrone: Head of Zombie Unit. It was only after he mocked me for being a Sup that I realized it. Lol.

As for the maps. It really shouldn't be all that hard to whip up a couple good ones, take the old good ones, and set a good rotation.

Cypher
14 Aug 2010, 07:41pm
I'd rasther have the stalker (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxXTtDp7QC0&feature=related) but whatever.

Dirty Sanchez
15 Aug 2010, 12:04am
I've played The Stalker before. I liked the idea of it, but on the server I played it was 1v15. I'm not sure if it was just for that server, but the gamemode should be more like TTT.

Cypher
15 Aug 2010, 10:49am
well if you have more then theyre gonan double team, therefore it becomes impossible to win, its most balanced with one stalker.