PDA

View Full Version : wanna edit a mapXD

Labarr
8 Aug 2010, 07:28pm
So my friend has made a map a loooooooooooonggg time ago and i am just wondering what file do i open in hammer to edit it? Thanks.
Labarr15
PS I am trying to learn to map make... so many questions might be asked in the next few weeks

Repus
8 Aug 2010, 09:33pm
Use decomplier to decompile bsp into vmf.

Scoutkllr
9 Aug 2010, 02:29am
Playable maps in CSS are BSP, but in Hammer Editor the file is VMF.

Labarr
9 Aug 2010, 09:53am
Now im gettting this message :

Missing material 'editor/wireframe.'

Jaceur
9 Aug 2010, 03:07pm
I believe...I may be wrong but it is the new orange box CS:S update

Labarr
9 Aug 2010, 07:21pm
Ok so i got it working. now my question is, I need to change a couple of the textures in this map because whenever someone plays them, the textures are always pink so im here to try to fix that...
can someone give me instructions on how to do this or a link to a video that tells me what to do? thanks I really appreciate it!!!
Labarr15
If u want i can go in ventrillo and we can talk there. just pm me!!!!
Thanks again!!

Scoutkllr
9 Aug 2010, 08:39pm
It sounds like the textures are custom textures that have not been Pakrated. Pakrat the custom textures and that should solve the problem with the others who only see pink.

Labarr
9 Aug 2010, 09:41pm
It sounds like the textures are custom textures that have not been Pakrated. Pakrat the custom textures and that should solve the problem with the others who only see pink.

thanks for the advice, but i am a complte noob at MMing and I have no clue hoow to go about doing this!! Sorryy:(
I really wanna learn tho so please be patient with me and help me out!!

Repus
9 Aug 2010, 10:46pm
Just go to youtube and search for tutorials so you don't have to ask everything from us, thats how I learned.

Labarr
10 Aug 2010, 07:40pm
OK I SWEAR THIS IS HTE LAST QUESTION. On the map there are only 10 spawn spots per team. How do i go about adding more spawn spots so I can have more bots on the map?
Thanks!!

Repus
10 Aug 2010, 08:48pm
OK I SWEAR THIS IS HTE LAST QUESTION. On the map there are only 10 spawn spots per team. How do i go about adding more spawn spots so I can have more bots on the map?
Thanks!!

Press entile tool, then put it somewhere on map, double click the entile in 3d view, you should get new window with some options. At top there is selection bar that you can drop, click it and search entile you want, I don't remember what it was right now. Something like: info_player_counterterrorist if you are unclear; double click the current spawn to get the name of it.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Adding_Point_Entities

Now, start trying to use that wiki site and you tube to learn about hammer, this forum is more like problem solving than basic teaching.

Cypher
11 Aug 2010, 08:31am
If you need any more help with building or changing your map, go here: http://www.youtube.com/user/3kliksphilip

MundM1996
18 Aug 2010, 07:02am
Just add info_player_terrorist, for t-spawnpoints and info_player_counterterrorist, for ct-spawnpoints ;)

mapper
18 Aug 2010, 07:27am
Well left in hammer you see some tools. Click on entity tool. Now click anywhere where youw ant the bots to spawn in your map. The default is set to terrorist, if you double click it and you scroll up in the entity list you will see counter terrorist too.

EDIT: O didnt see that the question was already answered.