PDA

View Full Version : Escape server !zspawn

lolzomgz
7 Aug 2010, 12:24pm
Hmmm I was just playing escape and I do get the concept of not being able to respawn at any point, however I have seen some servers that do enable !zspawn but only for people who have just joined, im not sure how this is done but it does let you jump into the action ASAP when you join, but it dosn't work for people who have been killed dureing the game. The only real problem is people reconnecting. Anyway just some food for thought :thumb:

Drox
7 Aug 2010, 12:29pm
Kinda defeats the purpose of defending in escape if the zombies can just keep respawning.

lolzomgz
7 Aug 2010, 12:36pm
...but only for people who have just joined, im not sure how this is done but it does let you jump into the action ASAP when you join, but it dosn't work for people who have been killed dureing the game... :thumb:

Kinda defeats the purpose of defending in escape if the zombies can just keep respawning.

And from experince, reconnecting happens very little, this works great, means i don't have to sit around waiting for humans to find the big ol' nuke button if i just had to download a new map or joined a few seconds too late. :laugh:

Drox
7 Aug 2010, 12:39pm
And from experince, reconnecting happens very little, this works great, means i don't have to sit around waiting for humans to find the big ol' nuke button if i just had to download a new map or joined a few seconds too late. :laugh:

Reconnecting happens a lot, on a daily basis I ban almost 2-3 people in 1-2 hours on a bad day in escape for disconnecting and reconnecting for retry zombie. A !zspawn command on escape just wouldnt work and would be pointless to the gameplay if not ruin it.

D-Team oll
7 Aug 2010, 01:59pm
it would be ok but only 1 per round for 1 person
(ever 1 will have it)

Jaceur
7 Aug 2010, 03:11pm
One simple word: NO!

lolzomgz
7 Aug 2010, 03:49pm
One simple word: NO!

your detailed input is much appreciated - Thank you

Repus
7 Aug 2010, 10:16pm
I say respawn for admins.

Shadowex3
8 Aug 2010, 12:46am
it's not a problem of zombies respawning, that just makes it that much more epic when you actually have something to hold off at the end, it just doesn't work on ZE maps because you'd respawn at the beginning and may well be completely cut off. Even if you aren't it's still a ton of running with utterly nothing to do while everyone else is already all the way to the end...

RaDiuM
8 Aug 2010, 05:54pm
Or make it so !zspawn only works until 60 seconds in or something similar and like the op said for people that have just joined. If they join after the 60 seconds they will have to wait it out.

Elleon
8 Aug 2010, 10:00pm
it's not a problem of zombies respawning, that just makes it that much more epic when you actually have something to hold off at the end, it just doesn't work on ZE maps because you'd respawn at the beginning and may well be completely cut off. Even if you aren't it's still a ton of running with utterly nothing to do while everyone else is already all the way to the end...

I would rather we not waste anymore time than we already do. ^ Having people spawn at varying times would only add to this and or start stacking teams which isn't very fair. At best, this would be a great annoyance.

Retarded Santa
9 Aug 2010, 08:10am
I would rather we not waste anymore time than we already do. ^ Having people spawn at varying times would only add to this and or start stacking teams which isn't very fair. At best, this would be a great annoyance.

Correct. Plus, what about maps like Mt. Doom that have AFK spawn kills? You'd just respawn and die instantly

Bill Smauz
9 Aug 2010, 09:14am
I'd have to agree with Shadowex3, there really is no point in implementing !zspawn as this is an escape server, so spawning at the beginning would drastically put you all the way back while everyone else is ahead of you. Another problem is that numerous map have a Spawn Killer after a set amount of time so even if you !zspawn you'd just be killed again anyways.

helldog_ro
14 Aug 2010, 01:56am
but i want some new zombie skins like zombies alien skins and humans predATOR SKIN :D

Lucid
14 Aug 2010, 09:36am
Most of the other servers that have !zspawn are also cade servers and the zombies have like 2-3k hp since they have increased speed.

Jazz
14 Aug 2010, 09:38am
Is it possible to change the skins to the zombie corpse or Source zombie skin, the skeleton skin is dark and can't see it in dark areas ex. blackmesa.

sebak
21 Mar 2011, 07:28pm
bump

the sg zombie server is pretty much dead and i usually play on other ze servers so here are some things to why they are succesfull

ZSPAWN

i play ze at night and there is usually 10 players. and when a random person joins at start of round and they are dead, they wait 3-4 mins and then get impatient and quit. about 4-5 players did this few nights ago. and having more ppl play would have been more enjoyable.
also for first round it gives the chance for people with slower computers/internet who would normally be dead be able to play as a zombie.

2. give zombies lower health since they can respawn. or only allow 1 respawn.

2DG
22 Mar 2011, 03:31pm
Well, as some of you might know I now play at plaguefest, and they have !zspawn enabled.
Zspawn does not only spice up the gameplay in general but it gives those people that died something to do. The zspawn can be automatic and disabled after X seconds and can be differend on all maps.
On plaguefest mako reactor wins are VERY rare as the zombies just keep coming even after ultima.
I say that this works EXTREMELY good and adds alot of fun to the game.

sebak
22 Mar 2011, 03:58pm
Well, as some of you might know I now play at plaguefest, and they have !zspawn enabled.
Zspawn does not only spice up the gameplay in general but it gives those people that died something to do. The zspawn can be automatic and disabled after X seconds and can be differend on all maps.
On plaguefest mako reactor wins are VERY rare as the zombies just keep coming even after ultima.
I say that this works EXTREMELY good and adds alot of fun to the game.

yea thats where i play most of the time now. though what i dont like is there is no ping limit, and you get ppl from china with 300 ping that make the server lagg like hell.

Banana Joe
22 Mar 2011, 05:00pm
yea thats where i play most of the time now. though what i dont like is there is no ping limit, and you get ppl from china with 300 ping that make the server lagg like hell.

Yes, but this thread isn't about their server, so who cares if it lags?

Troy
23 Mar 2011, 11:39pm
Zombies on our server have alot of hp, this can only even be considered if the hp was significantly lowered, but even if it was I'd say no

sebak
1 Apr 2011, 02:58pm
than would it still be possible to still be able to spawn like 5-10 secs after z spawns?

Paul
5 Apr 2011, 10:14am
Me and andre are tweaking with some of the ze_ server settings. Weve added a plugin that auto !zspawns late joiners and late joiners only. You cant !zspawn if you die.

HZK
6 Apr 2011, 01:54pm
What about retrying, that would auto zspawn you aswell....

Unless you thought ahead.

Kushaaa.
11 May 2011, 06:17am
Yes hunter,
if you retry it will respawn you too

sebak
11 May 2011, 07:07am
how about spawning, on mako, paranoid and predator. the most overplayed maps

Drox
11 May 2011, 07:17am
No