PDA

View Full Version : SneakySnake's Peripheral Issues (Keyboard/Mouse/Monitors etc)

SneakySnake
5 Aug 2010, 10:20pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Peripheral Issues (Keyboard/Mouse/Monitors etc) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
No, it automatically installs drivers. Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
McaFee 2010 Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Acer What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
Keyboard, Razer Lycosa Please state your problem here
This first started happening to other members in my family, and now, I seem to have caught it.

Question Mark: é, É
Quotes: è, È
The Right Square Bracket Thing: ç, Ç
The Left Square Bracket Thing: ^^, ¨¨
That Straight Line Down (Also Backslash): à, À
Capitol Comma: '
Capitol Period: "
Squigly: /, \
I also got an accented H somehow...

Anybody know how to fix this on Windows 7(Question Mark).

heartless
6 Aug 2010, 03:57am
That happened to me before, I fixed it by going to Control Panel > Language > Country and Language > Keyboard and Languages > Change Keyboard. Put (English - United States (International)) in the box under 'Standard input language'.

Hope it helps.

Wrathek
6 Aug 2010, 07:49am
yes. its quite obviously a language settings problem. you probably have more than one input langauge enabled.

Spiffy
6 Aug 2010, 09:03am
I would also install the drive for you keyboard and the razer software. The windows driver is just a generic keyboard driver.

Wrathek
6 Aug 2010, 09:14am
the only time i would ever recommend installing a keyboard's driver is if the keyboard has special functions (like a g15/19 with a screen and interfacing with apps). even volume and media controls work correctly with the basic driver.

heartless
6 Aug 2010, 02:06pm
Or just simply delete all the other languages and only keep English (US).

SneakySnake
9 Aug 2010, 12:45pm
I normally use English (Canada) as my language setting, because I am Canadian. But thanks for the hlep. I looked in the control panel, and couldn't find "Languages", so I went into some keyboard settings and found that a language task console thing and I was set to Canadian Multilingual. Thanks.