PDA

View Full Version : Detectives

Bad Dog
4 Aug 2010, 06:19pm
Lately, it seems as though a lot of rounds, detectives arent helping players. I played a round where both detectives hunkered down in the things basement and only let a select few in. When I went down there for health, after I had gotten tested (Not by the detectives, granted, but they werent around to do so) They shut me out and nearly killed me for being inside they're area.

I KNOW that innocents are allowed to claim areas and if they do so they can be killed, I get and accept that. My problem is that when detectives camp and refuse to let anyone else in, it severly hurts the chances of the innocents winning. The detectives have a job to do, no? So camping/claiming areas as a detective should be off limits, and I feel like there was a thread for this all ready, but either way: Should detectives be allowed to claim areas and not help innocents? Yes or no?

Hellspawn
4 Aug 2010, 06:32pm
my opinion, detectives should do there damn job, if not we should be allowed to rdm them on the grounds of douchebaggery, although I know spartan will disagree.

anyway I always try to help the innocents out when I'm detective, which is why I always get knifed in the back 2 mins in, I'm too damn trusting, I need to just pull out my inner potshot, I knows its there.

duhoh
5 Aug 2010, 12:03am
well, on the flip side, some idiots that are traitors just run around and waste time on the round not doing their job.

if we punish detectives that camp, we ought to do the same for the other side

Nasu
5 Aug 2010, 02:28am
I just run around as detective, killing traitors.

I rarely tell others when I know someone is traitor and I just murder them when they arent excepting it.

If you think youre having fun claiming areas as detective, go ahead. Sometimes it works (Map TheThing, underground area), but mostly it doesnt. It's easy as innocent to find out who is the traitor, detectives arent most of the time needed.

(von dutch) delta force 8
5 Aug 2010, 04:45am
the presence of a DNA scanner makes a huge difference also a health station and someone with a radar are golden in TTT, this thread however isn't gonna reach its full potential since imo there are way <-- and I MEAN WAY TO MANY idiots in our gmod ttt server

D-Team oll
5 Aug 2010, 03:02pm
Lately, it seems as though a lot of rounds, detectives arent helping players. I played a round where both detectives hunkered down in the things basement and only let a select few in. When I went down there for health, after I had gotten tested (Not by the detectives, granted, but they werent around to do so) They shut me out and nearly killed me for being inside they're area.

I KNOW that innocents are allowed to claim areas and if they do so they can be killed, I get and accept that. My problem is that when detectives camp and refuse to let anyone else in, it severly hurts the chances of the innocents winning. The detectives have a job to do, no? So camping/claiming areas as a detective should be off limits, and I feel like there was a thread for this all ready, but either way: Should detectives be allowed to claim areas and not help innocents? Yes or no?

i think u should camp and claim an area then get some 1 u trust to bring body's back to where your camping and go out ever so often
:madgrin:

ConnorC
5 Aug 2010, 03:25pm
i think u should camp and claim an area then get some 1 u trust to bring body's back to where your camping and go out ever so often
:madgrin:

The idea of detective is a 'more powerful' innocent, it gives the Innocent terrorist's a better chance of winning, and yeah!, sitting in the barn on westwood with a health station pippin is really being a team player! Seriously detectives are meant to help and are the best chance the innocent's have of winning, so claiming area's, camping the whole round and eventually getting blown up by C4 really isn't a good round spent as detective, you might as well be innocent if your just going to camp.

SoulKeeper
5 Aug 2010, 03:32pm
Shoot me as detective = you get buckshot

spartan 117
5 Aug 2010, 09:06pm
it isnt exactly encouraging to do your job as detective when staying still for 1 second or doing your job = knife in back. there needs to be some balancing; anonymous detectives (until dead), eh?

D-Team oll
6 Aug 2010, 05:12am
and yeah!, sitting in the barn on westwood with a health station .[/B]

Ive never dont that *wink wink*

ConnorC
6 Aug 2010, 12:48pm
it isnt exactly encouraging to do your job as detective when staying still for 1 second or doing your job = knife in back. there needs to be some balancing; anonymous detectives (until dead), eh?

I've done my job as detective plenty of times, just keep moving and stay in sight of a few innocent's, if anyone seems to follow you tell them to get the fuck away or 'Eat Lead', it was pretty hard as detective when you didn't spawn with the DNA Scanner but now it's pretty easy to get quite a few kills on unsuspecting traitors.

Just make sure when you find out who the killer is don't go shouting 'IT'S >Some Crap Name Here Like Pippin and such<', keep it secret then when there walking past you boom, a face full of buckshot and a nice credit for you to buy stuff with :P.

PingPong
6 Aug 2010, 01:12pm
Claiming an area is allowed but that doesn't make you exempt to the rdm rule. So if they end up killing someone without reason and their a innocent then their gonna get punished by an admin.

Kiwi
6 Aug 2010, 02:17pm
Claiming an area is allowed but that doesn't make you exempt to the rdm rule. So if they end up killing someone without reason and their a innocent then their gonna get punished by an admin.

That's not how that rule works.

Jaceur
6 Aug 2010, 02:58pm
I kind of agree with you even though i haven't been in one of those matches.

Rocket Grunt Imperials
6 Aug 2010, 03:04pm
I always run around with the DNA scanner as a D. Even when you had to buy it I would.

PingPong
7 Aug 2010, 12:53am
That's not how that rule works.

My bad it's gonna basically get you killed.

jeN
7 Aug 2010, 01:35am
Maybe they're retards like me and don't actually know how to play the game. :thumb:

Spartan
7 Aug 2010, 05:46am
The "claiming an area" rule is seriously starting to get on my tits with some people doing it every round and complaining about something not 'clarified' in the rules.

As detectives:

Firstly, stop being a fucking coward. It's a game. If you get killed then tough shit. L2aim or keep in a crowded group. (Granted people are stupid enough to not even notice you've died)

Secondly, claiming areas should be a rare thing, not every round. You wanna claim an area to keep people off your back when things are getting hectic.

Thirdly, claiming areas means YOU can be killed, and SHOULD make you a suspect of being a traitor. Yes, even as detective. Think about it though if you're innocent. You're gona lose a lot of karma.

Lastly, I'm thinking of adding restrictions to this rule, or maybe just completely banning it because people are using it to ruin the gameplay so much.

Z3r0 M4ni4c
7 Aug 2010, 06:03am
The "claiming an area" rule is seriously starting to get on my tits with some people doing it every round and complaining about something not 'clarified' in the rules.

As detectives:

Firstly, stop being a fucking coward. It's a game. If you get killed then tough shit. L2aim or keep in a crowded group. (Granted people are stupid enough to not even notice you've died)

Secondly, claiming areas should be a rare thing, not every round. You wanna claim an area to keep people off your back when things are getting hectic.

Thirdly, claiming areas means YOU can be killed, and SHOULD make you a suspect of being a traitor. Yes, even as detective. Think about it though if you're innocent. You're gona lose a lot of karma.

Lastly, I'm thinking of adding restrictions to this rule, or maybe just completely banning it because people are using it to ruin the gameplay so much.

i think we should remove this rule.
Since it got in use people made abuse of it.

For example: (btw harpreet just example) harpreet likes to camp in the cave (dont know the map anymore) and does that often that people cant come there or they will be shot.

People lose a lot of karma because of this and make them a suspect for RDM.

Also Detectives does it the same.
Yesterday i really needed healing because i fell of a building.
The detective was an ass and didnt gave me healing instead he RDMed me.

So yes detectives should do there job but this rule should be taken off and people should play the game and investigate who is traitor and who isnt. As it was ment to be.

This would make the game more fun then it is now.

D-Team oll
7 Aug 2010, 09:13am
I've done my job as detective plenty of times, just keep moving and stay in sight of a few innocent's, if anyone seems to follow you tell them to get the fuck away or 'Eat Lead', it was pretty hard as detective when you didn't spawn with the DNA Scanner but now it's pretty easy to get quite a few kills on unsuspecting traitors.

Just make sure when you find out who the killer is don't go shouting 'IT'S >Some Crap Name Here Like Pippin and such<', keep it secret then when there walking past you boom, a face full of buckshot and a nice credit for you to buy stuff with :P.

1. im not a crap detective
2. my name isnt pippin its oll pippin was when me and josh used to play on the LotL server when it was ruining

ConnorC
7 Aug 2010, 11:52am
It would be quite interesting if their were still detective's, but they didn't spawn with the blue over their name and just looked like every other character, this would make it easier for detectives as they you wouldn't get people complaining about a knife in the back straight away when the round starts.

Bad Dog
7 Aug 2010, 12:09pm
Honestly I dont care about the rule for innocents, as far as Im concerned as long as they abide by the rules innocents can do whatever the fuck they want. Detectives/traitors on the other hands have jobs to do, and a detective sitting around in a room not letting anyone else in isnt helping anyone.

fanatiik
7 Aug 2010, 12:22pm
noobs need to know how a dna scanner work for detective to be helpfull

fanatiik
7 Aug 2010, 12:23pm
yeah connor thats a good idea so its like if they were traitor but good one

Spartan
7 Aug 2010, 12:42pm
The idea of hiding the identity of detectives would require editing the actual code of TTT. I'm not doing that. BKU (the maker) has his own thoughts about doing it.

D-Team oll
7 Aug 2010, 02:37pm
It would be quite interesting if their were still detective's, but they didn't spawn with the blue over their name and just looked like every other character, this would make it easier for detectives as they you wouldn't get people complaining about a knife in the back straight away when the round starts.

could be gd

Jaceur
7 Aug 2010, 02:39pm
could be gd

Haha that's funny because you get to 100 posts and suddenly start spamming :)

ConnorC
8 Aug 2010, 04:46am
Haha that's funny because you get to 100 posts and suddenly start spamming :)

Well he started when he was at 80 :P. Glad i'm not the only one who noticed XD.

And that was off topic :(.

1. Detectives should do their job, you won't get stabbed if you've played TTT for a while as you can tell when someone is blatently following you for a knife kill, and if you stay with a few people you should be safe.

2. Detectives shouldn't camp and claim area's, it makes the game much harder for the innocent's and alot easier for the Traitors.

Now i'm not sure about this but could there be some kind of anti-camp system implied to Detective's so it make's sure they don't stay in a small area for a certain amount of time? This would stop people camping in one place with a health station :/.

Zopy
14 Aug 2010, 07:12pm
I just wish there was a way to not be a detective. I can honestly say I'm horrible at detective, and everything would probably be more fun if someone else was.

Faileron
21 Aug 2010, 04:27am
Zopy the thing is, every1 starts as a horrible detective, you just have to get used to it and keep either another detective near you or a group of innocents.