PDA

View Full Version : Labarr15's Internet/Connection Issues(Lag choke etc)

Labarr
3 Aug 2010, 11:46am
Tech Support Help Ticket
What general section does your problem fall under
Internet/Connection Issues(Lag choke etc) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
No Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
AVG 2011 (Beta) Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Dell What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
IDK.. friends.. ill post later if need to Please state your problem here
My friend has interent and everything looks good, but whenever you open firefox/IE/Chrome it just says"cannot display page stuff" please check internet connect.. blah blah blah... Or in Firefox it just doesnt load the page, the tab just says "(Untitled)". Me and him have tried everything we cpould think of... He says this started to occur after he uninstalled AVG 9.0 and when he installed AVG 2011 (Beta).
I am stumped, and so is he.. Any Ideas?
Thanks
Labarr15
We also cant update anything that requires internet, or load itunes store. I am leaning towards a registry corruption..maybe try the winsock fix?????

Spiffy
3 Aug 2010, 11:59am
Have you tried uninstalling the beta? It might have a firewall that blocks anything until it is setup.

Labarr
3 Aug 2010, 12:14pm
ya. i have tried disabling the firewall. disabling every other component and then uninstalling avg 2011. still nothin

Spiffy
3 Aug 2010, 12:17pm
What happens if you try to ping google.com? Try pinging an IP like 209.85.225.106 and if it pings try browsing to it.

Labarr
3 Aug 2010, 01:23pm
I have already done the ping and stuff and it replys fine.. It was puzzling but i did get it fixed. the winsock fix like i predicted worked like a charm.
Thanks tho!
Labarr15

>Solved<