PDA

View Full Version : Gero's Internet/Connection Issues(Lag choke etc)

kabLe
2 Aug 2010, 06:12pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Internet/Connection Issues(Lag choke etc) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows XP If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
No Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
McAfee Virus Scanner Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Me What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
D-Link DWA-142 Please state your problem here
For the past couple of days, I've been losing my internet connection. Weird thing is, my d-link says its connected to my router, and my router says that we are connected to the internet. I end up having to restart my computer to regain connection. It's becoming very irritable.

Labarr
3 Aug 2010, 09:23am
reinstall your network drivers

Spiffy
3 Aug 2010, 12:01pm
How often do you lose connection? Do other computer or devices connected lose internet? Is it possible for you to plug in directly to test it?

kabLe
3 Aug 2010, 01:39pm
I've reinstalled them several times. 2-3 times a day sometimes more. No. No.

My step dads computer is connected directly and he only loses connection when our router/modem loses connection which is rarely. However my sister and mom are also connected wireless and don't use it for gaming and never lose connection unless the router loses connection. I don't know what the issue is :'(

Dirk
3 Aug 2010, 01:44pm
use a wired connection and see if it still happens. if it stops happening then at least you know its your wireless and not something else.

Spiffy
3 Aug 2010, 01:45pm
How old is your adapter? It may just be dying. Can you switch yours out with your sisters or mothers?

kabLe
3 Aug 2010, 01:49pm
My sisters is my older one, my mom's is built in to her laptop and mine I think is 1-2 years old.

EDIT: On the dlink website it says that "End of Life as of November 01 2009." So it can't be that old.

Spiffy
3 Aug 2010, 01:52pm
When you lose connection have you tried just unplugging the dlink and plugging it back in? How often does it disconnect?

kabLe
3 Aug 2010, 01:57pm
When I am disconnected from the internet, my Dlinks light flashes indicating I'm connected to the router and the Wireless Network Connection monitor thing says I'm connected to the router etc.. But I still cannot get onto the internet via in-game or browser. Yes and it doesn't work only restarting my pc. Not often but still, I'd rather correct this problem.

Spiffy
3 Aug 2010, 03:19pm
I did some googling and some people seem to have randomly fixed it by disabling their built in ethernet.

kabLe
3 Aug 2010, 04:57pm
Ok, I have disabled my built in ethernet. I will post back when I feel that the problem has been resolved or I lose connection randomly again.

kabLe
4 Aug 2010, 10:19am
So far I haven't gotten disconnected. If you want mark this as Resolved and if the error occurs I'll just pm you.