PDA

View Full Version : Wyclef Jean for President?...of Haiti

tacosndew
1 Aug 2010, 11:10pm
Wyclef Jean may be considering running for President in his homeland of Haiti. The Fugees founder and musician was born in Haiti in 1972, and moved to New York as a teenager.

After the devastating earthquake in his homeland, Jean returned to Haiti as soon as possible to do a lot of hands on work. He was also a major organizer for the concert to raise money for the country. The efforts from his charity, “Yelle,” also made him one of the first celebrities to donate to the country after the disaster.

Now Jean may be interested for running for president in the country’s upcoming election. In an interview with French newspaper “Le Droit” he is quoted as saying, “I can’t sing forever.”

He also said that he has already filled out the necessary paperwork that is needed to run for office. Other reports say that Jean has been “drafted” to run for president because of the leadership he showed after the earthquake.

I'm interested to know what people think of this...Personally i think if his intentions are pure he should go for it

Prez
2 Aug 2010, 12:02am
I think he would be great, to be honest. He's done so much for that country that it only makes sense.

SgtJoo
2 Aug 2010, 12:05am
As the foremost expert on Haitian politics on these forums I feel it is my duty to...

yeah I know jack diddly about the political environment in Haiti.

Shine
2 Aug 2010, 03:06pm
I would vote for him :P

Empire Strikes Black
2 Aug 2010, 04:41pm
Helping his country through concert charity =/= Being able to run a country in need of help.

Then again he has a powerful name in Haiti and he can win. It'll be like Oprah running for president in the US.

tacosndew
3 Aug 2010, 02:40pm
Helping his country through concert charity =/= Being able to run a country in need of help.

Then again he has a powerful name in Haiti and he can win. It'll be like Oprah running for president in the US.

except oprah is a woman, :laugh: